Posted 30 March 2011 - 19:12

Dearest people of FPN,

Please find the mock-ups for a possible new FPN Pen here:

http://www.fountainp...n-pen-mock-ups/

Enjoy!

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team
This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to FPN Admin email, or directly to admin Wim (wimg).

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

#2 kcunvong

kcunvong

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 19:33

Wow, when would these be released?

The Redlands Pen Company

I am also on eBay

#3 Silvermink

Silvermink

Texture Junkie

• Admin Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2011 - 19:35

Ooh, those are nice. I've been wanting to pick up a Stipula and would probably jump on one of those. Those blue celluloid (mmm, celluloid) Etrurias are pretty sharp, but all of them look good.
http://twitter.com/silvermink
Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Pilot Elite 95S - M - Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same // Parker 21 Super - M - Noodler's Widowmaker // Stipula Modello T FPN LE - Conway Stewart Kingsand // Parker Duofold (Canadian) - F - Diamine Meadow // Delta Via Veneto Doué Elegance - M - Conway Stewart Kingsand

#4 fwyun

fwyun

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 22:20

I'm not sure my wallet would survive an encounter with one of these pens.

Dare I ask? . . .

#5 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2011 - 22:27

There will be a poll up soon enough, to determine which pens we should order. By that time we will have a good idea of the pricing as well.

Currently it looks like a range from approximately € 56 to € 460 from cheapest (Passaporto, Chrome trim) to most expensive (PF Celluloid Etruria with 18K nib and vermeil trim), with the Model T somewhere in the middle ranges. That is including VAT at 20 %. In the US they would probably cost approximately $66 to $ 530, excluding any sales tax or import duties. And all of this is without shipping costs - add approximately € 10 for Europe, and $ 14 for the US.

This for a minimum of 100 of each. If we get a lot of interest, it may get a little cheaper.

Don't hold us to these prices, however, we don't know yet whether we have taken all costs into account.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#6 Feanor

Feanor

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 23:44

They do look wonderful and I'd love to have one. Obviously, the more expensive they are the fewer people could afford one, and so if we're only going to have one, I suggest we keep it under $100. I can't wait for one, hopefully within my budget.

#7 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 March 2011 - 23:48

They do look wonderful and I'd love to have one. Obviously, the more expensive they are the fewer people could afford one, and so if we're only going to have one, I suggest we keep it under $100. I can't wait for one, hopefully within my budget.

The idea is, we hope, to go for one out of each of the ranges, so, one Passaporto, one Modello T, one Etruria, provided there is enough interest, meaning, at least 100 for a production run.

If that works out, there will certainly be one in your budget - the Passaporto will be well below $100, even including shipping costs :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#8 Ada

Ada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:04

The mockups look very nice, particularly for the Passaporto. Do you have any idea at this point how much choice (if any) there would be in nib widths?
I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

#9 Delphideo

Delphideo

Part-time Indexer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:48

Oh my god. I love the Passaporto; I don't know much about Stipula, but it looks like an eyedropper version. Posted Image Please say it's so.

In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.

#10 kushbaby

kushbaby

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:33

WANT!!!!!!!!!

:puddle:

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

#11 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:50

Hi Ada,

The mockups look very nice, particularly for the Passaporto. Do you have any idea at this point how much choice (if any) there would be in nib widths?

Yes, F and M only for the stainless steel nib, for a gold nib we need 100 confirmed orders per nib type. Considering the price, it doesn't make a lot of sense, however, to put a gold nib on a Passaporto.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#12 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:51

Oh my god. I love the Passaporto; I don't know much about Stipula, but it looks like an eyedropper version. Posted Image Please say it's so.

Of course ti is :D. It comes with an eyedropper in the package. Either cartridge, or eyedropper :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#13 rockspyder

rockspyder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 March 2011 - 13:32

:puddle: Woww!!! That Passaporto is awesome....please please please make them!!!

#14 Ada

Ada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:48

Hi Ada,

Yes, F and M only for the stainless steel nib, for a gold nib we need 100 confirmed orders per nib type. Considering the price, it doesn't make a lot of sense, however, to put a gold nib on a Passaporto.

Warm regards, Wim

Wim,

Many thanks for the quick reply! That is very helpful information. Now I can think about whether it would be worthwhile to me to buy a pen I would have to immediately send off for a nib regrind. (I too think it is unlikely that 100 people would want to order a gold XF nib for the Passaporto).

Ada
I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

#15 Spector

Spector

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:59

ooohh....
Posted Image "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" -Aldous Huxley

Parker 45 F, Lamy Safari EF, Lamy 2000 F, TWSBI Diamond 530 F, Reform 1745 F, Hero 616 F, Pilot Varsity F, Pilot 78g F,

#16 clickiechick

clickiechick

I'm just lurking!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:04

I think I've requested this on every thread I can find on the topic, but would like to put in my 2 cents again on having the Passaporto with threaded barrel for posting. If that can be done, you've got a winner.
Wassup wid that, homes? Looks like you're WANT to feel the hurt. -ethernautrix

#17 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:23

I think I've requested this on every thread I can find on the topic, but would like to put in my 2 cents again on having the Passaporto with threaded barrel for posting. If that can be done, you've got a winner.

That's a good one, I'll make sure we'll check that, and that that is what we will get.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#18 ThirdeYe

ThirdeYe

Snail Mail Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 14:08

I like the Modello T and the Etruria personally. The Passaporto looks a little... stubby to me. Might be nice to take in a pocket though. :thumbup:
Derek's Pens and Pencils
Posted Image
I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

#19 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 April 2011 - 14:12

The Passaporto is made to be carried in a small space. When posted, it is approximately the same size as an uncapped Etrurira.

Warm regards.Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#20 jbn10161

jbn10161

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 14:29

What is the ordering process? When/how should one express a commitment? I'd hate to miss out on this great opportunity.
JN

#21 Delphideo

Delphideo

Part-time Indexer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 April 2011 - 15:41

What is the ordering process? When/how should one express a commitment? I'd hate to miss out on this great opportunity.

Orders won't be taken until two and a half weeks have passed and the voting is closed. Voting so far is your commitment to buy the pen at least until payments are required. They need 100 of each pen for a production run. I recommend that you read the FPN Pen - More info, pricing, votes blogpost, too if you haven't already.
In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.