Parker Premier Black Edition

SHK

This is (And has been since I first saw it) the pen of my dreams. Don't know if i'll ever have one but i really hope so however with my current budget I am only.......$400 off.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stefanvaduva

• Luke Scicluna

• Zombify

• Vlad Soare

This is (And has been since I first saw it) the pen of my dreams. Don't know if i'll ever have one but i really hope so however with my current budget I am only.......$400 off.

Read what I posted before - Parker has gone to the dogs!

www.gouletpens.com and http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl for all your writing needs (no affiliation - just a very satisfied customer)

My girlfriend gave me a Parker Stealth for birthday (good girl--a keeper). It is quite a nice pen. Writes a rich wet line (with fine point, and is a classic, understated design. Hope quality issues do not plague a nice aesthetic design. So far, mine has worked flawlessly (since August).

One of my favorite pens was the earlier Parker Premier which was basically a slightly larger version of the "75". Unfortunately it is among the missing and I have absolutely no idea what I did with it. I have a vague recollection that involves a coworker lusting over it and lending or giving it to him, but that's about it.

This one seems almost an homage to the original but doesn't grab me the way the first version did.

Nice girlfriend!

308156_201017236635026_123097101093707_437807_684090455_n.jpg

Luke that fairy tale is DA BOMB!!!!!! :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd:

"Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune."

Plato (Greek philosopher 428-348 B.C.)

• 9 months later...

Hello and sorry for reopening an 1 year old topic. But I think is better than opening a new one :)

I just wanted to ask if somebody knows when was this pen introduced and if it was produced in more editions? I'm asking because I've seen it advertised as both 2010 and 2011 edition and I don't know if it's a mistake or not. And if there where two editions, what are the differences?

Thank you!

Hello and sorry for reopening an 1 year old topic. But I think is better than opening a new one :)

I just wanted to ask if somebody knows when was this pen introduced and if it was produced in more editions? I'm asking because I've seen it advertised as both 2010 and 2011 edition and I don't know if it's a mistake or not. And if there where two editions, what are the differences?

Thank you!

I haven't noticed any - and I have checked out this line multiple times since its release. (I eventually bought a bp for the bf. No issues with the clip or mechanism so far.)

Thanks for your reply, Whitedot. Do you know when it was introduced? 2010 or 2011?

[later edit]

I think I have the answer. It seems it was launched in 2010.

Edited by stefanvaduva

Thanks for your reply, Whitedot. Do you know when it was introduced? 2010 or 2011?

[later edit]

I think I have the answer. It seems it was launched in 2010.

Yep.

• 4 months later...

I'm glad someone found this post and shared it. I've not frequented this forum in quite some time!

Although it is an exceptionally gorgeous pen, DO be aware that the clip is fragile (as told to me by a representative at Parker), and that there is a design issue with it! If you can keep the clip from breaking off, then you've got a solid writer.

-JP

Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable. ~Francis Bacon

Pens: Waterman Hemisphere M, TWSBI 530 Diamond M/EF, J.Herbin Glass Dip, Esterbrook J F, Montblanc 146 LeGrand M, Lamy 2000 M, TWSBI 540 Diamond Smoke F

• 1 month later...

Nice review. I have the titanium version and the PVD coating on the barrel is just beautiful. I really want the black one.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the review Sascha. I've just ordered myself one off the back of it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I've just received my Premier Black Edition from Amazon, and something doesn't seem to be quite right.

First and foremost, although the nib is supposed to be an M, the line it draws on paper is extremely thick. My other Parker, an Urban Premium with a medium sized nib, looks like a super-fine by comparison. It's so thick that I find it all but unuseable. I cannot write like that. The line is almost 1 mm thick.

Is this normal? Is this how this pen is supposed to write? Or is mine defective?

Secondly, when I tried to flush it prior to filling it up for the first time, blue water came out of the nib. This pen has had ink in it before. Is this normal for a new pen? Does each individual unit get tested by Parker with ink prior to being sold? I've bought new pens before and have never seen this. Did Amazon send me a used pen?

Thank you.

Edited by Vlad Soare

Yes, the medium lays down an extremely thick line. I was shocked at how thick it was when I got my titanium, but I preferred it that way. As for the blue ink, it could be that it was tested. The same thing happens to new Lamy Safari's as well.

The only problem I've had with this Premier is ink flow due to the converter. I removed the Parker one, and popped in a Lamy Z-26 converter, and now it flows nicely and consistently.

Salut, Vlad! :)

Is the line thicker than the ones you see in the videos/images posted before? 1mm seems very thick (mine is "M" as well and the line is about 0.5mm thick). I must admit that I did not flushed mine before filling it for the first time, so I don't know what to say about the blue water.

Thank you for your replies.

Salut, Ștefan! :)

The line seems to be noticeably thicker than that in the pictures. I don't know about the video, because in the video the guy is writing very big letters, so I can't make an accurate comparison to my own handwriting, but I'd venture to say mine's a bit thicker than that.

I'll take a picture when I get home and will post it here.

Edited by Vlad Soare

OK, after reading several reviews and talking to someone at a local Parker store I came to the conclusion that this extreme thickness is a matter of design, and also that some residual traces of ink are normal.

I tried to get used to it, to alter my handwriting to accommodate it, but it just doesn't work for me. So in the end I decided to return it.

You should have tried using a bold pen and then gone back to the Parker. It would have helped you getting used to it. :-)

I did that the other day. I ordered a bold nib for my Sheaffer Prelude, which has the boldest nib I have ever used, and afterwards my Premier seemed like a fine nib. Lol.