Montblanc Boutique In Toronto

Portia

Does anyone have any experience with the Montblanc boutique on Bloor St. in Toronto?

I took my pen there in January for repairs, and am in the midst of a protracted effort to get my pen back, as the wrong pen was returned to me.

(They'd apparently sent my pen to the Canadian Service Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, to have the repairs done, and now they seem to be passing the buck back and forth as to who is responsible for my pen.

So if you have any experience with them, and especially if it might help me resolve this, I'd appreciate knowing.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Portia

• PigRatAndGoat

• meiers

• JLS1

Sorry have no info to help you, I have been there once, they were nice and helpful but that was it.

Respect to all

The boutique cannot in their right minds be giving you the runaround, unless their business plan includes driving away customers.

Tell the manager of the boutique you expect them to give you a replacement pen from their shop inventory without further delay. If you don't get satisfaction, contact Montblanc North America and make your displeasure known, first by phone, and then a follow-up letter confirming all the details and a summary of the phone call. Unhappy customers do so much damage!

Fred

I had them work on my pens a couple of times about 4 or 5 years ago (fixed a flow problem; changed a nib) without any issues - however, they did take their time!

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have used them for repairs and have not had a problem. I would ask to speak to Wayne who owns the boutique. That may jump start something.

Best of luck.

Sanj

The boutique cannot in their right minds be giving you the runaround, unless their business plan includes driving away customers.

Tell the manager of the boutique you expect them to give you a replacement pen from their shop inventory without further delay. If you don't get satisfaction, contact Montblanc North America and make your displeasure known, first by phone, and then a follow-up letter confirming all the details and a summary of the phone call. Unhappy customers do so much damage!

Fred

That's sounds like a reasonable course of action to me.

Matt

Edited by meiers

I sorry to hear that you're having problems with this boutique. I love the service that I get from them. I've given them my 145 in the past for a slight tweak. Currently I have a Starwalker with them, and I'm still within the five to ten business day wait, so I'm not worried.

Do talk to the manager, he's a nice man. If you have the time, show up in person; they'll try their hardest to make sure you leave happy.

Also, don't let them get away with blaming it on the service centre. They are the ONLY boutique in Canada, and they should be interacting with the service centre on your behalf.

If they try passing it off again, ask them what they can do. They will likely say they will phone the service centre, etc. Then ask them what will happen if they still can't find the pen. This is where you suggest a replacement if the pen isn't found in X number of days.

Hope you get this sorted out quickly!

PR&G

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

Sorry about the bad experience you have. Hope they are able to locate your own pen quickly.

Edited by smartson

Out of curiosity, does anyone think that anyone from MB corporate is a member of/monitors FPN? (You'd think so, given the industry...) I'm just wondering if they would see this forum as a source of intelligence for keeping abreast of MB's fans likes/dislikes/problems. FWIW, this would be a prime example of a situation where they could catch a potential customer problem early and do something about it.

That said, I've spent enough time in business to know that the intelligent thing to do is not always what is done. ;)

Regards,

Justin

Why don't you call the Canadian Service Centre directly?

What pen did they lose?

Hi - it was simply a 144 model, which I've since learned is perhaps the most model Meisterstuck of all! But it doesn't matter, it was perfect to me.

Hi - it was simply a 144 model, which I've since learned is perhaps the most model Meisterstuck of all! But it doesn't matter, it was perfect to me.

Nothing simple aboout. The 144 is a great pen.

Inked

Fred

I'm a bit embarrassed to say the salesman there did offer me my choice of the 144's they have in their shop - but then, none was as good as mine was. It's been frustrating, 2 months of back and forth, I've been 4 times to the shop now as they keep returning the pen asking the repair shop to look again ... and they don't offer "user pens" while they do that, so I've been without a fountain pen most of the time which has impeded me in my work. Maybe I'm becoming neurotic about it by now. I haven't yet accepted that it is gone, and I don't know how that could have happened.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I have used them for repairs and have not had a problem. I would ask to speak to Wayne who owns the boutique. That may jump start something.

Best of luck.

Sanj

Thank you, Sanj - I will do that.

I sorry to hear that you're having problems with this boutique. I love the service that I get from them. I've given them my 145 in the past for a slight tweak. Currently I have a Starwalker with them, and I'm still within the five to ten business day wait, so I'm not worried.

Do talk to the manager, he's a nice man. If you have the time, show up in person; they'll try their hardest to make sure you leave happy.

Also, don't let them get away with blaming it on the service centre. They are the ONLY boutique in Canada, and they should be interacting with the service centre on your behalf.

If they try passing it off again, ask them what they can do. They will likely say they will phone the service centre, etc. Then ask them what will happen if they still can't find the pen. This is where you suggest a replacement if the pen isn't found in X number of days.

Hope you get this sorted out quickly!

PR&G

Thank you - I fear having to take a replacement, because I don't think the 144 pens they have in their shop is actually as good as the one I had.

Sorry about the bad experience you have. Hope they are able to locate your own pen quickly.

Thanks for your note, it's awfully nice to have the supportive responses of this group.

Out of curiosity, does anyone think that anyone from MB corporate is a member of/monitors FPN? (You'd think so, given the industry...) I'm just wondering if they would see this forum as a source of intelligence for keeping abreast of MB's fans likes/dislikes/problems. FWIW, this would be a prime example of a situation where they could catch a potential customer problem early and do something about it.

That said, I've spent enough time in business to know that the intelligent thing to do is not always what is done. ;)

Regards,

Justin

That's a very interesting point - now that you make it, I agree that the MB folks *ought* to keep tuned into this forum.

To "Inked" - thanks for your comment - it's nice to hear someone say that! I meant to say "modest" rather than "model", bit I see you got my point.