Lamy 2000, Make It Wetter?

Owner of a Lonely Heart

Well as a last ditch effort to make it nice and soppy, I filled it up with South Seas Blue, and man is it ever nice and wet and smooth! Really enjoying the feel of the Waterman... Any inks similar to this that I might try? what seem to be the wettest inks everyone has come across?

I think you will find Waterman Florida Blue to be similiar. I like WM Havana also.

Incidentally, Pelikan Black despite its "dry" reputation is working out very well on my Lamy 2000 B.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner of a Lonely Heart

• KBeezie

• watch_art

• inkpenguin

Incidentally, Pelikan Black despite its "dry" reputation is working out very well on my Lamy 2000 B

I see... Well Ive got a nice bottle of Aurora Black on the go, but maybe Pelikan is worth a look...

Also, I was pondering the idea of some Omas inks... I know that sounds oddball, but my local store has some, and I was wondering about how Omas inks perform?

• 5 months later...

Sorry to arrive at this thread so late, but I just wanted to mention that Aurora black ink really makes my EF Lamy 2000 write smooth, great flow with almost no pressure at all. To me its the perfect ink for this pen. Match it with some good clairefontaine or rhodia paper and you have a great writing experience.

Edited by cellmatrix

• 3 years later...

if you use a dry ink, push the nib and feed out, then take off that little slide thing that is on the top of the feed. just push it/slide it off. then stick the nib and feed back in there and you should be good to go. Easy to put it back right if you don't like it.

Does this "thing" still exist on the lamy 2K ? everything looks like it's permanently on there.

delete

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Does this "thing" still exist on the lamy 2K ? everything looks like it's permanently on there.

I don't think the 2k has this. The feed and nibs are different from the other Lamy pens. I know they can be disassembled, but have no idea how you'd do it. Mine Just Works.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

I don't think the 2k has this. The feed and nibs are different from the other Lamy pens. I know they can be disassembled, but have no idea how you'd do it. Mine Just Works.

Thanks, that's the information I Was hoping to be followed up on.

The Lamy 2K is stupidly simple to disassemble (least the front half), since you just unscrew the section (unscrews where the two nubs are), then you just push the nib/feed out the back (first time may be difficult). Once it's out you have the section, the nib attached to the feed, and a rubber o-ring on the back of the feed. It made it easy to be able to take the o-ring off and just give the nib+feed an ammonia bath, and easier to adjust the tines with some brass shims being outside of the hooding.

But yea I didn't see any bar or such on the feed, so was confused wondering if it was lost or something, so glad to have some clarification that I'm not missing a piece.

It's almost identical to the way my Montblanc 225 is constructed, except I never figured out how to get the nib/feed out of the section on that.

Edited by KBeezie

Thanks, that's the information I Was hoping to be followed up on.

The Lamy 2K is stupidly simple to disassemble (least the front half), since you just unscrew the section (unscrews where the two nubs are), then you just push the nib/feed out the back (first time may be difficult). Once it's out you have the section, the nib attached to the feed, and a rubber o-ring on the back of the feed. It made it easy to be able to take the o-ring off and just give the nib+feed an ammonia bath, and easier to adjust the tines with some brass shims being outside of the hooding.

But yea I didn't see any bar or such on the feed, so was confused wondering if it was lost or something, so glad to have some clarification that I'm not missing a piece.

It's almost identical to the way my Montblanc 225 is constructed, except I never figured out how to get the nib/feed out of the section on that.

the 220 series is the same Doc Brown has done a disassembly of both pens actually

The "bar" is still there on the modern Lamy feeds... You can take it out, but not sure why you'd want to...with all due respect to Shawn.

If you do get it off, you can give the inner channel of the feed a scrub with some soapy water and get it nice and clean of any possible manufacturing residues or remnants.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

the 220 series is the same Doc Brown has done a disassembly of both pens actually

Except my MB doesn't have the same glossy forward section, as mentioned in a number of places only the 22x with the glossy area around the nib can be pulled like that. (mine is like clamped in or something)

The video is handy for those with Lamy 2K though, I saw the disassembly of the Lamy at Goulet Pens.

Except his video was more or less 'to check the size' of the nib...

The "bar" is still there on the modern Lamy feeds... You can take it out, but not sure why you'd want to...with all due respect to Shawn.

If you do get it off, you can give the inner channel of the feed a scrub with some soapy water and get it nice and clean of any possible manufacturing residues or remnants.

On mine it seemed like it were one solid piece with the feed, even under the loupe it looked like it was molded hard together at the top with no sign of a seam under the loupe.

Edited by KBeezie

Just checked my newest L2K (maybe a year old?) and it had the removable piece in the top of the feed. It is most obvious from the back end of the feed where the holes are. To be honest I'm not sure how they can make the feed effectively without doing it in 2 parts, but I'm no plastic injection expert.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Just pulled the feed from my stainless 2000M which I bought new from Regina Martini about a month, maybe 2, ago. It has a 2-part feed as well.

Edited by risingsun

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Just pulled the feed from my stainless 2000M which I bought new from Regina Martini about a month, maybe 2, ago. It has a 2-part feed as well.

For clarification (managed to find an image to help visualize it)

fpn_1411325117__e8b70693.jpg

I'm assuming you mean like how they pulled that whole thing off the top there in the L2K feed at top.

Guess in a way that'd be like opening the floodgates if you didn't want to mess with the nib/tines at all.

Edited by KBeezie

Yep, that's what I understood Shawn was saying in his post... Maybe I am not understanding it correctly? In any case, you can scrub out the channel under the "bar" with some soap and water if you think there is a flow issue through the feed that is contributing to the problem.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Yep, that's what I understood Shawn was saying in his post... Maybe I am not understanding it correctly? In any case, you can scrub out the channel under the "bar" with some soap and water if you think there is a flow issue through the feed that is contributing to the problem.

Yea I just didn't know the whole 'bar' came off, though it was just a thin little rod on top that he was talking about especially since I haven't removed the nib from the feed. Flow seems to going on mine, I think the ammonia bath I gave it earlier helped in that regard, but it's good to know that can be popped off to clean down the channel.