The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Have I Got Here? Rotring-Levenger Ball-Point Pen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kirbot

Kirbot

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:33

I don't know the first thing about quality pens, but I bought a boxlot at an auction today and happened to find this in it.
It felt pretty nice, and when I looked up Rotring I saw that they make some pretty expensive stuff.
But I wasn't able to find anything about this particular pen.

I'm just curious what I have.
Is it worth much of anything?
I'm thinking about putting it on ebay, but I would like to know a little more about it first.

It's like new, and came in a plastic case.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks
-Mike

Sponsored Content

#2 RedSox04

RedSox04

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:37

Dont know much about Levenger, but I love Rotring pens.

I'm sure some members will be able to help you- If you decide to sell it I would be very interested!
To hold a pen is to be at war
-Voltaire

#3 Kirbot

Kirbot

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:03

Dont know much about Levenger, but I love Rotring pens.

I'm sure some members will be able to help you- If you decide to sell it I would be very interested!

I'll certainly let you know!
I'm sure I'll end up selling it, I just really don't know how much to ask for it.

Edited by Kirbot, 10 February 2011 - 02:04.

#4 stevlight

stevlight

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:23

Rotring made these for Levenger for a while. Now Levenger makes their own similar product the "L-TECH"--the closest thing to a real Rotring left out there. They were very strongly built pens--I do not know how great the L-Techs are but I would imagine they are decent.
www.stevelightart.com

#5 Kirbot

Kirbot

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:16

Rotring made these for Levenger for a while. Now Levenger makes their own similar product the "L-TECH"--the closest thing to a real Rotring left out there. They were very strongly built pens--I do not know how great the L-Techs are but I would imagine they are decent.

Thanks!

Here's the case it came in by the way.

Posted Image

If I could get some idea of what it's worth, I would really appreciate it.

#6 Treecat

Treecat

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:28

It's a Rotring 600 rollerball or ballpoint. As pointed out, Levenger carried them for several years with their own brand on them. I bought one of the silver fountain pens from Levenger during a clear-out sale for around $39 to $49. I got a rollerball at the same time that was about $29. A couple of years later, I found a black Rotring FP at a local store on clearance for $30, a great price! The fountain pens sell very quickly in the marketplace here. If you do a search there it should give you an idea of what the general selling price is. I would think take $15 to $20 off the fountain pen price to get a price for your pen.

I think you could throw at Rotring 600 under the wheels of a semi and it would still work. :lol:

Edited by Treecat, 10 February 2011 - 03:29.

#7 FLJeepGuy

FLJeepGuy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:41

Here are a couple of pictures of the original Rotring 600 set (FP, MP, RB, BP) sold by Levenger. I purchased these back in 1999 when they were offered as a set for a nice discount. These things are built like a tank!

Attached Images

• Levenger600SetOpen.JPG
  • Levenger600SetCase.JPG

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7
Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

#8 Kirbot

Kirbot

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:21

Thanks for all the information everybody.

I'll take a look through the classifieds to figure out a price and eventually I'll list it for sale.
I may as well try it here before ebay.

Sponsored Content

|