10 replies to this topic

#1 Ranko

Ranko

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 23:25

I just won an auction which was for a Coca Cola fountain pen in a tin case. The seller said she had gotten it in Italy in 2001. I looked online and couldn't find anything about it, and I looked through my books on Coca Cola stuff and it wasn't there. It's a fountain pen, that much I know, but nothing else. Does anyone know anything about this pen? It has a cool-looking container and interesting design on the pen itself.

Thanks.

#2 FPK

FPK

Collectors Item

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2011 - 23:31

Yes. I think. On David Nimishura's antique pen site, he had one for sale-- it was painted.
"Will, you're so diligent-filling that pen with ink every day. How do you have the time? I lose pens like once a day at least!"
-Mr. W.
Latin teacher at my school

Wanted to Buy
:Parker Vaccumatic (good barrel color)in Golden Brown or Blue for $95 (M-F nib)
Pelikan m300 USER in green (F-M nib)for around $100

#3 pen2paper

pen2paper

arty o the irst art

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 23:33

Do we have any collectors of Coca Cola writing instruments here?
want to be careful to not hijack your thread..
we don't frequently see threads about beverage-related collectible pens..
in my last small lot purchase, which was entirely for the Shirley Temple pencil, there was a very tiny ballpoint pen - there is a spring, no refill.
just 3 1/2 " dark burgundy plastic, gold tone top with clip, which says Amsterdam.
In gold printed lettering:
Coca Cola
Bottling Comapny, Inc.
Johnstown, PA.
Don't suppose it's worth a Homo Sapiens? Pilot Custom 74?
Nakaya :D ?
; )

Edited by pen2paper, 30 January 2011 - 00:03.

Posted Image~Hi! fountain pen enthusiast here~

#4 philm

philm

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 982 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 January 2011 - 23:37

I am not too sure about any vintage Coca Cola pens. Davids excellent website - http://www.vintagepens.com/index.shtml, had a Pepsi Pen, of which there are several that pop up on ebay and around the pen community. But I have not seen a Coca Cola pen. Here is a Pepsi one I own.

http://munsonpens.wo...i-fountain-pen/

When you receive the pen, please post some photos if it is a vintage one.

Thanks,

Edited by philm, 29 January 2011 - 23:39.

#5 Ranko

Ranko

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 00:22

I was able to find out who made the pen, I think. It could be Aurora pens from Italy. It also uses a Parker-style cartridge, but that's the totality of what I've been able to find out so far. Once I get the pen I'll take photos of it.

#6 philm

philm

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 982 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:03

Thanks for the update. As it is a cartridge pen, it must be a newer pen and not vintage. I hope you enjoy it and I look forward to your photos.

Phil

#7 Jimmy James

Jimmy James

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:25

If the clip looks in any way like an arrow, it would very likely be a Parker. My initial without a photo guess was a Vector, but the Italy part may certainly throw it in the direction of somebody like Aurora or another European manufacturer.

#8 Blame

Blame

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 16:03

I have one from the late 80's which was bought in France. It has a strange winged type logo which appears on a notebook I bought at the same time, but it has pretty much worn off the pen. It wasn't expensive, bought in a supermarket for about 25 francs if I recall. The only other branding appears on the gold painted stainless steel nib and on the clip - Michel Oks. It holds 2 international size cartridges, one pushed in and one reversed behind it. It was always a bit of a scratchy writer until I 'johnsoned' it on a glass file and ended up really rather smooth! The thing that I especially like about it is that it has a screw on cap to help stop it coming off in your pocket - not something you tend to find on cheap pens these days. Oh, and it's made of plastic.

Enjoy

Attached Images

• Picture 5.jpg

#9 Spitzner

Spitzner

Sondhead

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 18:00

I have one with a Stypen nib. It's a savannah-ish green, with hand holding a bottle of Coke in front of a globe, with clouds. Coca-Cola white print on red background, in box, with "All the year round" subtext in yellow. Cap has Coca-Cola in white, and engraved on the clip, all in traditional script.

Pam

#10 Ranko

Ranko

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 21:16

I got the pen in. It's in a rather bright tin case. Stypen is on the case, and the date is 1998. Stypen is also on the nib. I took some photos and will include them here. (I hope, as I've haven't tried this yet).

Attached Images

• c1.jpg
  • c2.jpg
  • c3.jpg
  • c4.jpg
  • c5.jpg

#11 FPK

FPK

Collectors Item

• Away
  • 1,077 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2011 - 21:45

Nice!
"Will, you're so diligent-filling that pen with ink every day. How do you have the time? I lose pens like once a day at least!"
-Mr. W.
Latin teacher at my school

Wanted to Buy
:Parker Vaccumatic (good barrel color)in Golden Brown or Blue for $95 (M-F nib)
Pelikan m300 USER in green (F-M nib)for around $100