#1 MontMozart

MontMozart

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:29

Hello Montblancers,

Today when I got home, I saw a Priority Mail box sitting on the table and I knew it was the Solti BP that I bought a couple of days ago. First thought was holy cow, that is a monster box, I only bought one pen. So I ripped it open and there was the white outer cardboard box...that's great I even got the outer box (sometimes you just don't know if you will get that when buying a used pen). So I opened the white box and pulled out the pen box...beautiful, just beautiful. First impression was that it was rather large and the picture and the signature on the front was very nice. Then I opened the box to find a full velvet (faux-velvet) black lined box. On the top of the box was the booklet and the warranty book (which was stamped, which is always nice) safely under a plastic shield. Then on the bottom, there was a velvet box on the right...open it up and you find 2 packs of bridge cards - Solti's picture on the back with the MB snowcap symbol). Then after removing a felt pad, you get to the pen. The pen is very understated, but very classy. As with the other musician's pens, the clip is the highlight of the pen...this one has to piano keys with the one flat key in between. MB pens and their boxes are true pieces of art. Sometimes I anticipate seeing the box as much as the pen. Some bad pictures...
Posted Image
I wish this one wasn't so blurry...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What are your favorite MB boxes?

#2 kaisede

kaisede

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:39

Boxes you said...
I actually like most of them except for the regular boxes you get for regular edition pens.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by kaisede, 28 January 2011 - 02:41.

#3 MontMozart

MontMozart

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:55

The best box in there is the Zelda box!!!! :clap1:

Yeah, the regular boxes get a bit mundane after awhile, but we all know what can be inside those "plain, ordinary" boxes, so they are still a bit special. I have a Mozart Malachite, but it didn't come in the fancy matrix looking box.

Thanks for posting.

#4 meiers

meiers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:26

I discard all the boxes and keep the pens. I know this habit will come back to haunt me, if I ever decide to start selling them.

Matt

#5 MontMozart

MontMozart

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:31

If you don't want the boxes, you should just sell them immediately...I know I will pay upwards of $50 for some of the boxes I am missing (mainly Writer's editions and a Toscanini)

#6 rockspyder

rockspyder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:07

The Lennon is probably the biggest box I've seen so far. They really put a lot of effort into the packaging, I just don't have the heart to throw any box away! But then again, I am a habitual hoarder :embarrassed_smile:

#7 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:32

+1 with kaisede.

I keep all of my boxes but the regular edition pens are functionally very good but they are quite plain. I love all my WE pen boxes, however I was a little upset when they moved aware from the velvet like material on the inside after the Fitzgerald - considering they up the price above inflation each year surely they could have maintained the quality of the box - I'd be willing to pay £5 more to get the better lining.

My Collection:
Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift. & Balzac
Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP
Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP
Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.
Play WE game. or POA game.

#8 DovR

DovR

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 922 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:20

Re MB WE boxs, where can I find box for Hemingway, Agatha, Jules Verne, Oscar Wilde,
- Ramses, Czar Nickolai
- Bernstein Solti Karajann Menuhin

other co's; Pelikan Concerto, pelikan Golf, Pelikan 150 ]
Cartier reg box

There are people who turf out and others who use their f/p's as daily writers + don't need

Pls advise if anyone hasd and wants to sell. here's a receptive voice :-)

Tnx in advance
Dov

Edited by DovR, 28 January 2011 - 09:23.