English Parkers

MontMozart

Hello FPNers,

I am new to FPN, but have been on Pentrace for a while now. One of 3 sub-collections I have left in my overall pen collection is English Parkers. I have always collected Parker pens of various forms, shapes, sizes, and colors, but I have always been drawn to the Duofolds and Victorys made in Parker's Newhaven manufacturing facility. The "Parker Duofold" book written by David Shepherd and Dan Zazove shows about 30 different color/patterns. I think there are 3 or 4 other variations on these 30. At this point of time I need about 10 more colors/patterns.

Here are some Duofolds:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/duofolddude/English%20Parkers%20Jan%202011/ParkerDuofolds1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/duofolddude/English%20Parkers%20Jan%202011/ParkerDuofolds2.jpg

and some Victorys:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/duofolddude/English%20Parkers%20Jan%202011/ParkerVictorys1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/duofolddude/English%20Parkers%20Jan%202011/ParkerVictorys2.jpg

For some other close-ups of these pens, you can take a look at them in my Photobucket album:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c185/duofolddude/English%20Parkers%20Jan%202011/

Do you have any of these pens? If you do I would like to some pictures.

If you have any of the following colors and you would be willing to trade or sell them, let me know:

Light and Dark Lilac Pearl

Light and Dark Blue Pearl

Light and Dark Sage Green Pearl

Black Lined Pearl

Green and Black Lizard

Olive Green and Black

Blue and Yellow Gold

Red (or your typical Duofold orange - believe it or not, these are some of the hardest to find...I have only seen 2 in 7 years)

Rose and Black Herringbone (vertical)

Green-Silver and Black Helical

If you have any questions, let me know.

I hope you enjoyed my pictures.

Brian

MontMozart

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MontMozart

• Wardok

• Markthetruck

• adamon

Wow! That is one beautiful collection. Thanks for sharing.

"There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice." -John Calvin

stunning collection :thumbup: :notworthy1: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Oooh! I like those big fat ones!

:cloud9:

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

I hate you

The voice of this guitar of mine, at the awakening of the morning, wants to sing its joy;

I sing to your volcanoes, to your meadows and flowers, that are like mementos of the greatest of my loves;

If I am to die away from you, may they say I am sleeping, and bring me back home.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Beetlebug,

I think the proportions are a bit off in the pictures...I would say the fattest ones are in the Duofold picture along the bottom...pens 6,7 and 8. Those are the seniors (about 5.5 inches long), I am guessing you are thinking the the top row of the Victorys are the big fat ones, they are pretty standard in length for English Parkers, a little over 5 inches.

Thanks for looking

Kabe,

No hatin necessary ;) ...I have been working at this collection for many years...I have sold off many other pens to pay for these.

Thanks for looking.

Hello,

The followed questions I’ve asked on other forums, but haven’t found the answers.

I’m brand new on this forum and „greenhorn” as pen collector + language barrier = sorry for stupid questions and language mistakes.

I try to collect the english Duofolds (especially the Aerometric-type).

The specific, original english Duofolds began with Duofold NS (New Style) – button fillers having blind cap with jewel. Then the Duofolds AF (aluminium filler). And then the Duofolds Aerometric - my favorites.

And now my 4 questions:

1. In 1958 the nib-marking was changed from N to numbers. Senior Duofold was produced since 1954 and the pens produced 1954-58 should have the nibs marked N. But every Senior Duofolds I’ve ever seen have the number 35. The question is: were the Senior Duofolds with N nib available on the market?

2. Similar question for Demi Duofolds. The Demi’s produced from 1958 should have nib marked 15. I’ve found some Demi’s with nib signed 25 (as standard Duofold). The earlier Demi’s with N nib are more common, and what about 15’s?

3. Once I read the the information (Parker Pens Penography – parkerpens.net) that Senior and Demi were discontinued in 1958 – is that truth?

4. I have one Duofold AF marked on barrel: PARKER DUOFOLD REG.TM. MADE IN ENGLAND and it is dark brown colour (near black). In the Parker Duofold book (D.Shepherd and D.Zazove) are only 4 colours listed (black, burgundy, grey, dark blue, and not brown). Is it possible, that it may be the discolouration (black, red)? The barrel and cap are in the same brown colour (outside and inside), but the section is black. Maybe it’s danish model (terracotta?), but has no Olsen sign. (The Duofolds AF were produced also in Denmark and there were 2 additional colours (apple green and terracotta brown), but the pens had anchor imprint of the danish producer (Olsen)).

My pen is very dark brown (dark chocolate), but one can see the difference between black section and the barrel. Barrel, cap and blind cap are dark brown (same colour) outside and inside.

I see four options:

- discoloration of black,

- discoloration of burgundy (red),

- danish terracotta brown (I’ve never seen) with "Made in England" imprint and Newheaven nib

- not catalogue english brown version.

Discoloration is for me less probable, because I have some slightly younger Aerometrics in red (burgundy) and black, and the discoloration is not so deep.

Maybe here somebody will know the answers.

For your advice – thank you in advance

PS Sorry, that I've added my questions to this topic, but the title is for me excuse.

Nice BIG collection, By chance you work up and spare Or a double????? maybe I am looking into having them too....Or a trade. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :crybaby:

Hi,

Fantastic collection, thanks for sharing.

These are the pens that started my interest in fountain pens, I love the marbled versions in the top tray, but have never managed to buy one, they always go for high prices, I assume because they are scarce.

Prices of all English Duofolds have increased quite a bit in recent months, so I guess others have found one of Parker's best kept secrets, wish I had bought more when prices were a lot lower.

Andy

Andy,

Scarce...not all of them. You can find the candy stripes on Ebay quite often...you can also find the red marbled and blue marbled variations fairly often. However, you are right, the prices have really gone up over the last 6 to 12 months. Now, the other patterns are much more rare, but you can find them time to time...but the prices on these are even higher. You are right though, my little secret is out. I was really lucky to find a couple of these back 5 or 6 years ago, and once I saw a couple, I figured there popularity would skyrocket eventually. They are simply too beautiful to ignore and most of them have really, really nice semi-flex nibs. It is not uncommon to find them with broad nibs or even stub or oblique.

Keep searching, you will find good deals.

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Brian

Was this one of the ones you are looking for? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160535172668&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

You can also get similar looking Valentine pens, and perhaps also Kingswood button fillers. I also have a theory that Valentine, for they made the Parkers as well, made similar looking smaller pens for Stephens' although these are lever fillers.

All of these are hard to find except the candy stripe ones, and especially so in the "wild".

I'm very jealous of your collection.

Simon

Simon,

That is definitely a nice one and it was had for a good price. The nib looks decent and it has the clip, usually the other stuff can be cleaned up. I can't tell if it is brown and black marbled or gold/brown and black marbled. I have to remember to look on the UK Ebay, seeing that not all on UK Ebay end up on the USA Ebay.

Thanks,

Brian

One of my specialities is the WWll Newhaven Parkers.

Especially looking at the herringbone and lizard ones.

Any for sale like this - please contact me.

I have put up pics of my collection or parts of it before and may do so again shortly :)

I also need a junior clip if anyone has one.

Latest two acquisitions are a spiral herringbone junior in brown and a darker version of the light green next to the one with the black cap above.

Sic Transit Gloria

"Gloria gets seasick"