#31 yachtsilverswan

yachtsilverswan

Atlanta

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:25

... I may see if I can't con some decent letterpressed stationery out of The Family when I get my next sheepskin here in a few months. Y'alls are bad influences.

Congrats on your next degree. Increasing the population of flayed sheep is always a good thing - a sweater and lamb chops come with.

Oh - and not that a Marylander would be expected to know, but the Southern Plural of "Y'all" is "All Y'all."
Ray
Atlanta, Georgia

Pilot Namiki Vanishing Point with Richard Binder ItaliFine 0.9mm/F Nib
Faber Castell's Porsche Design with Gold & Stainless Mesh in Binderized CI Broad nib
Visconti LE Divina Proporzione in Gold with Binderized CI nib
David Oscarson Valhalla in gray (Thor) with Broad Binderized CI nib
Michel Perchin LE Blue Serpent (reviewed) with Binderized CI nib
Montblanc 149 in Medium Binderized CI nib
Montblanc Pope Julius II 888 Edition (reviewed) in Bold Binderized CI nib

#32 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• 1,516 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:40

I too have my personalized Crane stationery and the die for my monogram so I can have them reprinted any time. We even have an amazing print shop here in Denver called Foil & Die, which does custom printing, embossing and letterpress. I may take my die there next time to get something really amazing :)

I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that.

This thread caused the need for shopping. Went to Joanns and bought a bunch of card stock to make envelopes. Been meaning to do that for a while. First few are drying now. Not exactly a suite of engraved Crane's but it will do.

I promise not to post the link then ;-) The key is to have what makes you happy!
Tamara

#33 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 13:38

green 4-bar PaperSource envelopes with red notecards

These sound fun! I'd love to see a picture.

#34 reprieve

reprieve

And how does the sun even fit in the sky?

• Member - Gold

• 2,937 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 13:46

Those snail mail cards are so cute! I don't need any more stationery, but...

#35 Rena

Rena

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2011 - 14:15

I too have my personalized Crane stationery and the die for my monogram so I can have them reprinted any time. We even have an amazing print shop here in Denver called Foil & Die, which does custom printing, embossing and letterpress. I may take my die there next time to get something really amazing :)

I'm just going to pretend I didn't see that.

This thread caused the need for shopping. Went to Joanns and bought a bunch of card stock to make envelopes. Been meaning to do that for a while. First few are drying now. Not exactly a suite of engraved Crane's but it will do.

I promise not to post the link then ;-) The key is to have what makes you happy!

You should post the link again. :) I remember when you first got your personalized stationery, and I think yours is some of the prettiest I've seen. I'd love to oooh and aaah over it again.

#36 ribbit

ribbit

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 15:54

Oh post it! Even better-bring some to the club meeting.
Posted Image Posted Image

#37 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 16:00

You should post the link again. :) I remember when you first got your personalized stationery, and I think yours is some of the prettiest I've seen. I'd love to oooh and aaah over it again.

Please post it! I'd love to have a gander :)

#38 reprieve

reprieve

• Member - Gold

• 2,937 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:12

You guys are enablers!

So I caved and ordered two boxes of the snail mail cards, the fleur de lis notes, and the typewriter notes. I have wanted to place an order with Crane for a while now, but I managed to resist... until I saw those snail mail cards! How could I resist?

Posted Image

#39 oakm

oakm

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:21

Here's some of my stationery wardrobe which consists of >100 boxed sets and 9 reams, mostly 100% cotton in a variety of sizes, weights, colors, and trim. My favorite is d Crane's Monarch sheets, 32lb, 100% cotton, pearl white copperplate engraved with my name in navy blue.

Wow! That is impressive. I aspire to have a lovely collection like yours.

#40 Aricton

Aricton

Semiflexible

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:46

... I may see if I can't con some decent letterpressed stationery out of The Family when I get my next sheepskin here in a few months. Y'alls are bad influences.

Congrats on your next degree. Increasing the population of flayed sheep is always a good thing - a sweater and lamb chops come with.

Oh - and not that a Marylander would be expected to know, but the Southern Plural of "Y'all" is "All Y'all."

Ah, but see—I'm using my native Okie Plural, in which "All Y'alls" is the highest, most inclusive form; I think I need a diagram for this, but, to make it short—a final "s" indicates more people, "all" means nobody's excluded.

And Inkspot—I'd gladly post a picture, but my camera is currently dead. Plus, the fun of sending something that wee through the mail was most of the appeal, so . . .

#41 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 22:18

You guys are enablers!

So I caved and ordered two boxes of the snail mail cards, the fleur de lis notes, and the typewriter notes. I have wanted to place an order with Crane for a while now, but I managed to resist... until I saw those snail mail cards! How could I resist?

Posted Image

We do what we can ;) I just put in an order, myself. I had to restock my lady bug notes and my bumble bees :)

#42 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• 1,516 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:01

My personalized Crane stationery...(cause you asked for it):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tamara

#43 IWantThat

IWantThat

I dream in ink...

• Member - Gold

• 1,516 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:04

And don't get mad at me, but here is the website for Foils & Dies (sorry had the name a bit wrong earlier). They have an amazing workspace. I imagine their products are top of the line, as well :)

http://www.vintagepressworks.com/
Tamara

#44 Rena

Rena

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2011 - 13:21

Thank you, Tamara. Such a treat to see your paper. Also, Foils and Dies is the type of shop one usually only dreams of walking into — amazing space, and they did beautiful work on you stationery.

#45 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 13:46

My personalized Crane stationery...(cause you asked for it):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very lovely! I love the simplicity, yet it still has lots of character. Thanks for sharing!

#46 negirl

negirl

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:29

Lovely photos of your stationery. I have more than I can use in a lifetime. Despite having everything I could ever need, I recently package of J.Lalo blue and Clairfontaine white. My next purchase is some new address labels.

#47 reprieve

reprieve

• Member - Gold

• 2,937 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 16:26

I received my order from Crane. I am most impressed with the Kate Spade typewriter notes--the engraving is done beautifully, the paper is luxurious. They were definitely a splurge at $35 for a box of twelve notecards and envelopes, but the quality is very good! This isn't a great photo of the stationery itself (the Kate Spade logo on the box is distracting), but it shows the lovely little typewriter.

Posted Image

Edited by reprieve, 25 January 2011 - 16:29.

#48 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 19:02

I love the Kate Spade designs, and the quality of the paper. Those typewriter cards are lovely! I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of using them! I always find that is the hardest part with pretty stationery - I want to keep it forever!

#49 GreenVelvet

GreenVelvet

The Missive Maven

• Member - Gold

• 1,943 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 23:18

I received my order from Crane. I am most impressed with the Kate Spade typewriter notes--the engraving is done beautifully, the paper is luxurious. They were definitely a splurge at $35 for a box of twelve notecards and envelopes, but the quality is very good! This isn't a great photo of the stationery itself (the Kate Spade logo on the box is distracting), but it shows the lovely little typewriter.

AH... the photo wasn't clear about that logo, and I was under the impression that it was on every darn card, which totally turned me off. Now I think they look lovely!

#50 Parc Monceau

Parc Monceau

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 23:50

Inkspot,

I share your love of beautiful writing paper. The problem is, I have less and less occasion to use it, since in the age of e-mail, most of my friends find my writing letters to be an eccentric anachronism. One dear friend said that I was too eighteenth century!

Be that as it may, the stationery I have is Cassegrain blue, and Pineider Florentia light blue. I still have a couple of sheets and matching envelopes of my favorite Pineider stationery, white with a thin grey border, which I purchased about twenty years ago, and which would now be prohibitively expensive!

#51 reprieve

reprieve

• Member - Gold

• 2,937 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 00:08

AH... the photo wasn't clear about that logo, and I was under the impression that it was on every darn card, which totally turned me off. Now I think they look lovely!

I thought the same thing, actually! I only ordered them after I did a Google search--I was able to find a photo on another website that showed the logo clearly on the outside of the plastic lid on the box. I'm very happy with them (and the snail mail cards are even nicer in person! I haven't written on those yet, but it feels like the same paper).

#52 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:52

Inkspot,

I share your love of beautiful writing paper. The problem is, I have less and less occasion to use it, since in the age of e-mail, most of my friends find my writing letters to be an eccentric anachronism. One dear friend said that I was too eighteenth century!

Be that as it may, the stationery I have is Cassegrain blue, and Pineider Florentia light blue. I still have a couple of sheets and matching envelopes of my favorite Pineider stationery, white with a thin grey border, which I purchased about twenty years ago, and which would now be prohibitively expensive!

Too eighteenth century?!?! Wow! The crew here would consider that quite the compliment ;)

Your stationary sounds wonderful! I love the elegance and simplicity of grey and white. Check out the letter exchange thread in the write stuff forum and you'll find plenty of opportunity to use your stationery.

#53 Kendra

Kendra

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 18:12

Here's my small collection! Lots of Japanese stationary which is surprisingly FP friendly, a cute down half ream, a ream(both crane), and some of my notebooks! Oh, and a selection of my handmade envelopes. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:01

I love homemade envelopes! They have so much more character than most of the envelopes sold today. Thanks for sharing!

#55 GutSchrift

GutSchrift

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:22

Original Crown Mill Pure Cotton pads and matching lined envelopes. I've seen only a couple reviews of it here before, but I find it excellent. It's luxurious yet restrained. I don't fancy printed or decorated stationery. G. Lalo Verge de France, Clairefontaine Triomphe large writing pad (from Swisher), Original Crown Mill Vellum Cards with envelopes (color: "Mango") and Diane de Poitiers boxed set. I also have an assortment of laid and cotton papers and envelopes from http://www.jampaper.com/ If you live in or ever visit NYC I highly recommend them! Their selection is wonderful and they are very affordable.
"The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust

#56 inkspot

inkspot

Audiophile

• Member - Gold

• 1,651 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 23:57

Thanks for the jampaper link! lots of great stuff there. I might have to plan a trip to NYC...

#57 caligatia

caligatia

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 23:26

My husbeast offered to buy me some stationery for my birthday, so I think I'm going to get some of the G. Lalo A5 tablets and envelopes. I *could* get personalized stuff, but I think I'd rather have great paper quality and then bring color to the page with my ink. (I might ask him for some of those Kate Spade "snail mail" cards, though, too. Those are cute.)

#58 Dibdib

Dibdib

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 February 2011 - 23:53

At the moment I have a pack of cream 120gsm post quarto laid writing paper and (supposedly) matching tissue-lined envelopes from WHSmith. Despite being from their "premium" range, I can't say I'm massively fond of it. In hindsight, 120gsm is a bit heavy and stiff for my taste and the tissue lining in the envelopes is perhaps a little too dandy for me!

I'll need to go shopping soon for some more "business" suitable stationery, so I think I'll be on the lookout for crisp whites, maybe 90-100gsm weight, and printer-friendly sizes this time.

#59 texaspenman

texaspenman

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:28

Inkspot,

I have received the same comment, but I take it as a great compliment!

Posted Image "Of all of the instruments of war, diplomacy, and revolution, the pen has been the silent giant determining the fate of nations." -Justin Brundin

#60 onibocho

onibocho

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:34

I thought I might add to this topic as well. I'm a big fan of the Popular Arts (aka comics and pulp art). Most of my stationery I used for letter writing reflects this. This is a picture of my writing station. And a close up of a small sample of my collection. I went a little over board with these letter sets and have more than I'll probably ever use.

For anyone interested them I found them on Things From Another World (www.tfaw.com)

Posted Image

And a close up.

Posted Image

Hopefully these links will work, as this is my first time using the online Picasa.
Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment. - Lao Tzu