• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkspot

• Fabienne

• amberleadavis

• reprieve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Akkerman Shocking Blue for the moment. Love the purple sheen.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

At the moment my favorite ink would have to be Noodler's Bad Belted King Fisher. It is a lovely color and is extremely well behaved. Have yet to have any flow problems or skipping. So far I have had no feathering at all on high quality papers and a negligible amount on the cheapest paper I've come across with it. The one issue is that it has quite a bit of show thru although there has yet to be any bleedthru.

I plug things in, I push buttons, and I pick things up and put them down in different places. And when I have a chance I write things down!

Diamine Eau de Nil. Ink Drop is contributing to my delinquency.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

Favorite? I have a number of favorites.

However, my two most used inks (which must make them favorites) are:

Noodler's Black - great black and it works on most paper, even the cheap stuff

Iroshizuku Take-Sumi (black) - nice black, and behaves better in my vacuum filler pens: the bubbles formed as I write have trouble floating up in Noodler's ink

For colors, I love J. Herbin 1670 Rouge, even though it doesn't work in a fountain pen. It is just so unique. Also, Noodler's Apache Sunset for the shading and Noodler's Baystate Blue because it's the only blue I've found that I actually like.

Edited by Waski_the_Squirrel

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Definitely De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes. It is a gorgeous shade of blue and has swayed me toward using blue inks (which I hadn't been drawn to in the past). Although my original attraction to the ink was because of the name, I absolutely love the color and behavior of the ink.

Diamine Oxblood.

Of 6 of that brand used to date, this is the first with qualities remotely coming close to the hype that Diamine fans have to provide each time they post.

:D

For the past couple of weeks I've been using the FPN LE Noodlers "Van Gogh Starry Night Blue" in quite a few pens. Very nice ink.

On the other hand, I just picked up a bottle of Iroshizuku Kon-Peki yesterday, courtesy of some Staples Rewards $$$. Such a lovely ink, but I think it is more... 'special purpose', rather than in 'quite a few pens'.

I'm starting to be afraid of what inks I'll see at the LA Pen Show...

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am typically a blue, blue-black kind of guy, but J. Herbin's subtle, beautifully shaded inks are irresistible. Currently, I'm enjoying Cacao du Bresil in my Lamy Vista with a fine nib. Awesome.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

Currently my favourite is Iroshizuku Kon-Peki.

I have however, a bottle of Tsuki-Yo and Yama-Budo on the was from Engeika, ill see how they find their way on the leader board.

Although, it does depend on what you're talking about, like for everyday use, drawing, or just practising or having fun at home.

Tom.

Today: Mont Blanc Midnight Blue - picked up a bottle last week and I'm loving it, especially the way it dries.

"...using a fountain pen should feel like riding a unicorn through a field of cupcakes during a rainstorm of scotch while eating bacon" - Dan Smith

"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Noodler's 54th Mass. Closely followed by J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.