What Is Your Current Favorite Ink?

inkspot

It's a tie between Noodler's Lermontov and Black Swan in the Roses. I also love Montblanc Blue-Black (I'm enamored with iron gall inks these days).

Find my homemade ink recipes on my Flickr page here.

"I don't wait for inspiration; inspiration waits for me." --Akiane Kramarik

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkspot

• Fabienne

• amberleadavis

• reprieve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My currrent favorite is R&K Verdigris, absolutely love its vintage-looking grey/green/blue-black.

English is not my mother tongue, please excuse me.

Noodler's Polar Black, Polar Blue, and Polar Brown. Since now there is greater likelihood of my correspondence being exposed to wet, snowy conditions, I thought this to be the best choices. I've found that they've done very well in all my pens, nice flow, & bright, rich colors.

My best,

Paul

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~ Oscar Wilde, 1888

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

At the moment, I'm using: Waterman Florida Blue, Sheaffer Blue, PR Cosmic Cobalt and Sheaffer Purple. It's my season for blues (and a token purple), and they'll stay in rotation until the vernal equinox.

Rohrer & Klingner Sepia, because of the old document look it gives in cream paper (using it on a Parker Vacumatic with XF nib).

Flow and dry time also excellent. IMO, It beats J. Herbin Cacao du Brésil and Noodler's Manjiro Nakahama if you are after a

vintage look (the other two I tried).

Mine is Diamine Registrar's ink. I never get bored of seeing blue ink turn to dark black. ;)

I think of my FPs as my children.

I'm still looking for my perfect dark purple. The past months I've been debating between Noodler's Purple Wampum and PR Ebony Purple. PR Ebony Purple wins hands down. It's so dark it's almost black unless you hold it up to a light source. Now I just need to compare it with Noodler's Nightshade.

In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.

Noodlers Henry Hudson Blue

and

Noodlers Swisher Mix Lakeshore Spruce

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

1. Parker Penman Sapphire (still have a few bottles left)

+1 on Penman Sapphire! I have two bottles of Sapphire, Emerald and Ebony still. :P

Also loving Edelstein Topaz.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Greetings all,

Very difficult to narrow down; there are a lot of colors I am quite fond of; however, for basic, daily user inks, it would be between these three:

1. Quink Permanent Blue

2. Everflo Blue-Black, (waiting for full bottle in the mail; fell in love with the sample- it looks just like Waterman blue-black BEFORE it changes color).

3. Diamine Twilight, (waiting for full bottle in the mail; fell in love with the sample).

All the best,

Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

In terms of most used, i'd have to say Noodlers Navy. Ive got a 16 ounce bottle of the stuff to prove it. It's not the prettiest color I have, but it has proven to be the most functional.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Noodler's FPN Van Gogh Starry Night

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

Herbin 1670 is tied with Noodler's Baystate Blue in my opinion. They're both very deep, saturated colors that astound me in a natural lighting setup. Honorable mention goes to Aurora black, always there when I need it.