#1 FredRydr

FredRydr

No FPNPC for me

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:48

Torelli Fountain Pen

For sale is my beautiful Torelli fountain pen. These big plunger pens are rarely on the market. This is an exquisite piece, hand crafted using the finest materials. The following link is to a "must read" article about Brad Torelli: >>>click here<<<

The ink capacity is enormous. The pen is made with a perfect vintage 14k gold clip and heavy jeweler's 14k gold band, with ebonite feed and the big MB No. 9 nib. The color is more on the green side than the photos show. Brad Torelli specifies the most amazing materials. Look how the light plays in the cap and barrel.

US$1,675 including Priority mail delivery in the US. Add $6 for Canada. More elsewhere. Insurance optional, which I strongly urge you to purchase.

Note: This pen is not to be confused with any small "51" style retro pens.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

First email reply that reads "I'll take the Torelli" holds it pending full PayPal payment within 24 hours.

Please use my profile email link to send an email to me, and I will reply. And please understand that negotiations and information requests do not hold a pen.

Fred
email

Edited by FredRydr, 09 January 2011 - 21:15.

#2 bayport714

bayport714

A Hardy Boy

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2011 - 18:57

Beautiful pen! I have three Torelli 51s and they are all works of art.

#3 FredRydr

FredRydr

No FPNPC for me

• Member - Gold

• 3,144 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:20

$1,595 and this rare and beautiful pen is yours!

#4 Barry Gabay

Barry Gabay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:46

What a great pen, Fred! I've seen, admired, and test-driven Brad's work for 20 years, but have never seen this model or this filling mechanism. He always has something new and interesting up his sleeve. Brad appeared at the NYC show recently, and we had a good talk. Good luck with your sale. Someone is going to purchase a fantastic piece of history.

#5 Rick Krantz

Rick Krantz

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:38

Fred, any way at all I can get a buddy discount, and pay monthly on this? :hmm1:

I honestly got to say, it is a pretty pen, I do like it. I would love to see it in person. Maybe this is what I need to come over to the MB dark side....
Posted Image

#6 philm

philm

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:47

Fred.

This is an amazing pen, by a true pen artisan. Wish I had the money for something like this. I wish you luck in the sale, and someone is going to get a really great pen.

Phil

#7 eric47

eric47

Tentative bohemian sniffing the celluloid

• Member - Gold

• 4,276 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:38

$1,595 and this rare and beautiful pen is yours!

And I wouldn't have to eat for only a couple of months. :lol:
Anyone becomes mannered if you think too much about what other people think. (Kim Gordon)

#8 George

George

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 00:15

Wow! What a great price for a pen made by the best pen maker in the world. The material on this pen is amazing! I had the chance last year to go to Brad's workshop to do an interview for an upcoming Pennant magazine article, and I can say that his workmanship and ingenuity is unmatched. This type of pen is one of his prettiest models, IMHO, and I hope it goes to someone who appreciates Torelli's work as much as I do.

Regards,
George

#9 FredRydr

FredRydr

No FPNPC for me

• Member - Gold

• 3,144 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 15:53

SOLD

This pen is going to bring real pleasure to its new owner!

Fred