Best Online Pen Store?

Gonz

Hi guys!

Since I live in Portugal, and pen-dedicated stores aren't abundant around here, I'm looking for online stores. Can anyone tell me what's the best, preferably European, online fountain pen, pen accessories, ink, etc... store around?

Thanks a lot :)

Edited by Gonz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gonz

• Nordic Pen Imports

• Newjelan

• damonism

I had a good experience at

www.thewritingdesk.co.uk

very helpful with queries, and prompt service. No affiliation etc etc.

Yep, I would second that without hesitation.

Alan

For pens I quite like the Online Pen Company. They have been really reliable, in my experience, and have really good prices. They don't carry a huge selection of inks and accessories, but they do carry the staples. They ship next day (same day if your order is in by noon) and I've found that my orders arrive very quickly.No affiliation, just a happy addict enabled by a great source :).

www.thewritingdesk.co.uk

Thanks a lot, this is a start, at least it's not a continent away, and they seem to have a nice range of products :)

For pens I quite like the Online Pen Company. They have been really reliable, in my experience, and have really good prices. They don't carry a huge selection of inks and accessories, but they do carry the staples. They ship next day (same day if your order is in by noon) and I've found that my orders arrive very quickly.No affiliation, just a happy addict enabled by a great source :).

They seem nice, too, thank you very much :)

I'm looking for online stores. Can anyone tell me what's the best, preferably European, online fountain pen, pen accessory, ink, etc... store around?

Dont know any pen shops in Europe but in the USA the best is Bryant's shop.

Great prices, great service and a great guy!!!

Bryant is an active member of FPN.

http://www.pentime.com/

Respect to all

Hi Gonz

You are more than welcome to Nordic Pen Imports and to our online store at www.stylos.se

Among our brands you can find Aurora, Montegrappa, Conway Stewart, Tibaldi, Otto Hutt, Diamine and many more.

Welcome.

Kind regards

Niklas Dahl

Hi Gonz

You are more than welcome to Nordic Pen Imports and to our online store at www.stylos.se

Among our brands you can find Aurora, Montegrappa, Conway Stewart, Tibaldi, Otto Hutt, Diamine and many more.

Welcome.

Kind regards

Niklas Dahl

Very good store indeed, i`m glad i discovered you. No affiliation, obviously, just a very recent customer.

Parker 51 Vacumatic 0.7 Masuyama stub; TWSBI 540 M; TWSBI 580 1.1; Mabie, Todd and Bard 3200 stub; Waterman 14 Eyedropper F; 2 x Hero 616; several flexible dip nibs

owned for a time: Parker 45 flighter Pendleton stub, Parker 51 aerometric F, Parker 51 Special 0.7 Binder stub, Sheaffer Valiant Snorkel M, Lamy Joy Calligraphy 1.5 mm, Pelikan M200 M, Parker Vacumatic US Azure Blue M, Parker Vacumatic Canada Burgundy F, Waterman 12 Eyedropper, Mabie Todd SF2 flexible F

You could try La Couronne du Comte in the Netherlands. http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/index.php?language=en

Good service.

No affilliation, except that I bring a lot of money there lately (just yesterday, in fact for a nice Carene Stub and some other goodies.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I've bought all my pens (all being 3 :) from PenGallery (http://www.pengallery.com/). They are in Malaysia, but unlike many US and european based online shops their shipping is cheap and reliable (they use FedEx). Very happy with their service.

Another respectable malaysian shop is MelPens (www.melpens.com) - I've heard many positive comments about them though never used their service (yet).

Hi,

I started a similar topic here

It is not easy to find a decent webstore which does not lead to custom and extra VAT duties in the EU ...

Respectfully disagreeing since 1978.

Hi Gonz

Welcome.

Kind regards

Niklas Dahl

Diamine 30 ml Inks http://www.stylos.se...p?id_product=79 arrived from Nordic Pen Imports to the US within a week - including shipping - a bargain, which allowed my strict budget to permit a sampler package - I am Very pleased! Thanks Niklas!

We at FPN are blessed to have access to several such businesses who Listen to what we are discussing, and have gone to great lengths to meet our needs and wishes..

Besides Nordic -reasonable ink prices -shipping cost -Quick, responsive reply to inquiry.

Thinking of Brain Goulet, developing with the Great Paper Quest : ) then Ink Drop fun.. and Several others.

With pleasure we readily share our good experiences with new ones inquiring.

FPNer Splicer has a link/page devoted to Pen Shop Directory

http://penshops.info/

it's pinned in FPN Market Watch

http://www.fountainp...shop-directory/

do not know how often this is updated.

Note: this is a directory-do check in here for positive experiences.

If there a link/page which defines By location - shipping-import VAT type info?

This would especially be helpful for new ones.

Speerbob, another fine businessman posting here, wrote a fine review of A Year In Shipping.. http://www.fountainp..._1#entry1789057

mini-rant-Recently a generous freebie sample vial of ink stymied by ridiculous fee to Canada-just across a nearby river for me..

Amazing that 7, 3oz bottles could come all the way from Sweden for a tiny Fraction of the cost - this is critical for most of us these days.

Whitelines paper was introduced early into Canada, again the shipping issue :glare:

Am very fond of my Canadian neighbors, just frustrated we cannot easily conduct business :( there are several Canadian businesses the local Pen club members favorably discuss :(

Having had the smooth experience with Nordic - see above - zero outrageous added postal/import fees - encourages future business. we do need to be sharing such info.

Btw, Niklas, could Whitelines paper be a cost effective addition for your business?

Edited by pen2paper

www.thewritingdesk.co.uk

Yep, I would second that without hesitation.

Alan

+1 for The Writing Desk

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

J.M. Lewertowski on eBay (LEWERTOWSKI or Pen_seller_from_France) is as good as they come in terms of price and service - for Waterman, Parker, Rotring and other such products. No affilliation other than a very happy client of his.

Hi

I have the goal to become the best online store in the world. I know that I have a very long way to go but I believe that it is possible.

What do you look for when you shop online?

Prices, extra costs, service, alot of information about the pen, information in different languages?

Please let me know so that I can come closer to my goal.

What do I need to do in order for you to shop at my store?

Kind regards

Niklas

Edited by Nordic Pen Imports

Hi

I have the goal to become the best online store in the world. I know that I have a very long way to go but I believe that it is possible.

Prices, extra costs, service, alot of information about the pen, information in different languages?

Kind regards

Niklas

That will be tough to do, but good luck! So far so good, with the good prices and free shipping, fast communications and everything.However, i think there is no such thing as the best online store in the world.

Edited by Ispriluc

Parker 51 Vacumatic 0.7 Masuyama stub; TWSBI 540 M; TWSBI 580 1.1; Mabie, Todd and Bard 3200 stub; Waterman 14 Eyedropper F; 2 x Hero 616; several flexible dip nibs

owned for a time: Parker 45 flighter Pendleton stub, Parker 51 aerometric F, Parker 51 Special 0.7 Binder stub, Sheaffer Valiant Snorkel M, Lamy Joy Calligraphy 1.5 mm, Pelikan M200 M, Parker Vacumatic US Azure Blue M, Parker Vacumatic Canada Burgundy F, Waterman 12 Eyedropper, Mabie Todd SF2 flexible F

Try this ebay seller.I have had two good experiences with them,but I prefer to buy the small packages of pens,sold under Buy It Now,rather than bid for the more exotic single pens.

They are prompt with sending stuff but do expect to waith a week or two,since they are coming from China to the U.K.Customs has not been an issue as prices are low.

I also concur about R Lewertowski on Ebay(pen seller from France),where again I have had good experiences.

No connection with either of these companies other than as a satisfied customer.

http://stores.ebay.com/Chinese-Pen-Supplier.

Hi

Kind regards

Niklas

Well, I've been looking around your shop, and I only see one reason not to shop in it: you don't carry Parker. Which makes sense, since Parker isn't properly Nordic (French, I think). Also, your variety is kinda limited.