• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scrawler

• carroll

• furple

• jaqcp

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are a couple on pens and ink I don't use. I would like to give them to a newbie (preferably one who doesn't already have a FP) to FPs who is a student, since I'm a student too.

Batch 1:

Pen: Hero 800 (this is a stainless steel pen)

Ink: J Herbin Bouquet D'Antan (mostly full)

A mix of PR Shell PInk/Noodler's Nikita I made to get rid of the brownish tone in PRSP.

Paper: A 3.5x5.5 Piccadilly Black notebook (new and shrinkwrapped)

Batch 2:

Pen: Green Hero 100

Ink: PR Foam Green in a 2 oz Nalgene bottle (the PR lid cracked so I had to put it in something else)

J Herbin Vert Reseda (mostly full)

This batch is open to a newish student user, but would be really good for someone who already has a FP, since the pens aren't the best.

Batch 3:

Pen: Hero 240

Hero 001 (one of those 360 degree pens)

Ink: PR ORang Crush in a 2oz Nalgene bottle (The PR lid cracked)

PR Gray Flannel (mostly full)

5+mL sample of Noodler's Baystate Blue (I used it in the Hero 240 pen, but wanted a wider nib)

I won't change up the ink and pen combos, so please don't ask.

Okay now the rules:

Continental US only, because of shipping costs. Sorry International folks.

I'm going to set a timer on this, so everyone has a fair chance. Email me (there is a link to my email on my profile page) between 1pm EST and 3pm EST on Tuesday Jan 4, 2011 (if I need to extend it I will start a new post) with the following inforamation (please put something about FPN PIF in the subject line):

1) A number between 1 and 300 ( I will use a random number generator to select the three closest numbers then in order of the time the PM was received use number and then use number 2 to select who gets which batch)

2) Order of preference for the batch you want. Please use the numbers I did to identify them.

3) School you attend, major (if not in college just put junior high or high school), grade/year.

4) Why you want to try FPs, and what you will use the items for.

4) Shipping address.

5) I will also include a Post card that's stamped and addressed to me, and would like you to use your new pen/ink to write me a little note.

I'm using the random numbers, so that its not just the first people who get the items.

Really Neat PIF. I am a student (an old grad student) :hmm1: Best of Luck Newbies -- Those are really great starter packages...The Ink Alone :drool:

Here are a couple on pens and ink I don't use. I would like to give them to a newbie (preferably one who doesn't already have a FP) to FPs who is a student, since I'm a student too.

Batch 1:

Pen: Hero 800 (this is a stainless steel pen)

Ink: J Herbin Bouquet D'Antan (mostly full)

A mix of PR Shell PInk/Noodler's Nikita I made to get rid of the brownish tone in PRSP.

Batch 2:

Pen: Green Hero 100

Ink: PR Foam Green in a 2 oz Nalgene bottle (the PR lid cracked so I had to put it in something else)

J Herbin Vert Reseda (mostly full)

This batch is open to a newish student user, but would be really good for someone who already has a FP, since the pens aren't the best.

Batch 3:

Pen: Hero 240

Hero 001 (one of those 360 degree pens)

Ink: PR ORang Crush in a 2oz Nalgene bottle (The PR lid cracked)

PR Gray Flannel (mostly full)

5+mL sample of Noodler's Baystate Blue (I used it in the Hero 240 pen, but wanted a wider nib)

I won't change up the ink and pen combos, so please don't ask.

Okay now the rules:

Continental US only, because of shipping costs. Sorry International folks.

I'm going to set a timer on this, so everyone has a fair chance. Email me (there is a link to my email on my profile page) between 1pm EST and 3pm EST on Tuesday Jan 4, 2011 (if I need to extend it I will start a new post) with the following inforamation (please put something about FPN PIF in the subject line):

1) A number between 1 and 300 ( I will use a random number generator to select the three closest numbers then in order of the time the PM was received use number and then use number 2 to select who gets which batch)

2) Order of preference for the batch you want. Please use the numbers I did to identify them.

3) School you attend, major (if not in college just put junior high or high school), grade/year.

4) Why you want to try FPs, and what you will use the items for.

4) Shipping address.

5) I will also include a Post card that's stamped and addressed to me, and would like you to use your new pen/ink to write me a little note.

I'm using the random numbers, so that its not just the first people who get the items.

I only had two people send in emails, so batch 1 goes to Astroix, batch 2 goes to FVargas. I saw that one of the responders was a grad student so the third batch is off to yochillum. I'm waiting to hear back from FVargas about some shipping info, but the other two will go into the post tomorrow. Enjoy!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Since a lot of PIF's are usually for the newbies, this one is for the oldbies who have always wanted to try Sheaffer's Persian Rose, I have one 7ml sample vial for adoption. If you've never tried it before, or you would like to write a comparison review, here's your chance. First I Want It, gets it!

Chthulhu has the ink! Enjoy it!

Edited by Scylla

Kathy

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-animal-020.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

anything for the aussies?

:embarrassed_smile:

heheheh - same problem as you Woliaj...

Waiting on the arrival of my first FP so was looking to score some free ink to experiment with....

I hope to make three people a little happier...

1. Pelikan mousemat - featuring a Souveran nib

2. Montblanc Collectables: Creations Of Passion book - 123 pages of gorgeous pens :puddle:

3. Graf von Faber Castell No. III desk pencil - Californian Cedar wood topped with a silver plated end-cap.

UK only please

OK, I shall get the ball rolling for Aussie members.

I have a brand new calligraphy set (made in Germany, not sure what the brand is), which has huge cartridges and three nib units.

First PM with address will get it.

Edited by fuchsiaprincess
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

Holy (bleep), you guys are fast! Both are claimed.

In an attempt to find the perfect journal, you have to try a lot of duds. Actually, these "duds" are perfectly good journals that other people love but just aren't up to my snippy specifications. So instead of selling them for a pittance, I am bringing them to the PIF forum. PM me, please!

1. This journal - I ripped the first page out and it has a tiny squiggle in the top right corner of the second page, but other than that it is in perfect coniditon.

2. A hard bound whitelines journal like this. Again, I tore the first page out, but it's perfect aside from that.

I'm feeling generous in the ink department, so with each of these journals I will include a 2 or 3 mL ink sample (depending on which ink I choose and how much I have of it). Just tell me what colour and shade you'd like to try (eg. *dark* green), some inks you're interested in trying, and what inks in your requested colour range you have *already* tried (to avoid me sending you something you already have). Obviously, I might not be able to accommodate your request (I think I only have about 30 bottles of ink), but I'll do my best.

The samples will come in WAY too large reusable vials that afterward can be used to carry ink while you travel, or a million other things. I use them for bobby pins and hair elastics. They are really useful and incredible sturdy industrial grade plastic vials with tight screw caps, and I hope that the people who receive them will NOT throw them out but continue to use them for different purposes.

This is an international giveaway, as I will be sneakily shipping from my work on Monday. That means no tracking, so if it gets lost in the mail, it gets lost in the mail ... there is no recourse. Sorry!

Edited by simonerodrigue

I would be interested in the Whitelines journal.

In an attempt to find the perfect journal, you have to try a lot of duds. Actually, these "duds" are perfectly good journals that other people love but just aren't up to my snippy specifications. So instead of selling them for a pittance, I am bringing them to the PIF forum. PM me, please!

1. This journal - I ripped the first page out and it has a tiny squiggle in the top right corner of the second page, but other than that it is in perfect coniditon.

2. A hard bound whitelines journal like this. Again, I tore the first page out, but it's perfect aside from that.

I'm feeling generous in the ink department, so with each of these journals I will include a 2 or 3 mL ink sample (depending on which ink I choose and how much I have of it). Just tell me what colour and shade you'd like to try (eg. *dark* green), some inks you're interested in trying, and what inks in your requested colour range you have *already* tried (to avoid me sending you something you already have). Obviously, I might not be able to accommodate your request (I think I only have about 30 bottles of ink), but I'll do my best.

The samples will come in WAY too large reusable vials that afterward can be used to carry ink while you travel, or a million other things. I use them for bobby pins and hair elastics. They are really useful and incredible sturdy industrial grade plastic vials with tight screw caps, and I hope that the people who receive them will NOT throw them out but continue to use them for different purposes.

This is an international giveaway, as I will be sneakily shipping from my work on Monday. That means no tracking, so if it gets lost in the mail, it gets lost in the mail ... there is no recourse. Sorry!

Get busy living or get busy dying...that's (bleep) right.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Calligraphy set going to Canada. You guys in Australia aren't quick enough :headsmack:

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

I hope to make three people a little happier...

1. Pelikan mousemat - featuring a Souveran nib

2. Montblanc Collectables: Creations Of Passion book - 123 pages of gorgeous pens :puddle:

3. Graf von Faber Castell No. III desk pencil - Californian Cedar wood topped with a silver plated end-cap.

UK only please

Just the mousemat left...

aussie stuffs again... stupid canadians.... nah i love em

If only money didn't exist, and pens grew on trees...

Anybody in the US want a 75% full bottle of J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage? It's a bright, St. Patrick's Day green. PM me.

Edited by anaximander

I would be interested in the first one, if it is still available.

m.

I would be interested in the Whitelines journal.

Edited by dayonfire

My turn to pay it forward. I wanted to do this last year but never got around to it.

Well, better late than never.

Here is the package picked out:

post-30960-0-83240500-1294891536.jpg

-Pelikan Brilliant Red (2 Fl. oz) [One ink fill only]

-A set of Piccadilly pocket memos (2) shrink wrapped

-One Piccadilly, Medium, ruled notebook shrink wrapped

-One Clariefontaine cashier, french ruled

-One black Hero 616 fountain pen, never used

But wait! A bonus:

An additional black Hero 616 that is meant to be given away to a friend who is interested in fountain pens (a sort of pay it forward, pay it forward). Let’s infect others with our addiction/hobby!

Instructions:

1) Open to Fountain Pen Network members preferably (but not limited to) newbies: less than 5 pens to your name. US or International. I will pay for shipping.

2)PM me a message with the following subject line: PIF 2011

3) In the body of the message please write about:

-what got you into the world of fountain pens

-who you would give the bonus Hero 616 to

-one reason you would like to get the package

-one reason you think someone else should get the package

Time:

It is about 8 PM Pacific time in the US (1/12). I will leave this PM box open for the next 24 hours so it will end 8 PM Pacific time on the 13th. Good luck to the newbies~! I will announce a winner tomorrow night.

Edited by Martini25

Every word written is a victory against death. -Michel Butor

(back after being away for a while)