Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Noodler's ~ Sequoia Green

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wyre

Wyre

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2010 - 17:32

Paper: Unknown light paper from Wal-Mart.

Pen: TWSBI Diamond 530 w/ Fine nib.

Posted Image

Found that this ink did dry fairly quickly on the paper, but the TWSBI started right back up after a 5 minute wait with the cap off.

The color is a very saturated dusky green. The color definitely lives up to its name.

This is not a water resistant ink (aka bulletproof) but the ink did a fine job of holding to the paper.

Thank you all for taking a look!

EDIT::::::::::::;

I did try this same ink in a Parker 51, the color was the same saturated dusky green using that pen as well as a Lamy Al-Star w/ Medium nib. Noticed a bit more shading with the Medium nib.

Edited by Wyre, 22 December 2010 - 17:58.

Fast, Cheap, Good... you  can choose two. 

#2 TWRDO

TWRDO

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:18

Thanks for the review! It looks like Sequoia could be quite similar to Diamine Evergreen. Seems to be pretty well-behaved on cheaper paper too.
Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

#3 geoduc

geoduc

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2010 - 02:56

That is a nice color, thanks for providing a review. It's nice to see that it doesn't go too dark when used with a fine nib.

#4 Viseguy

Viseguy

NYC

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:37

I happen to be writing with Sequoia today. A complex, dark vegetal green. I add a small amount of Noodler's Lexington Gray. It adds a bulletproof element without appreciably affecting the color.
Viseguy

#5 Wyre

Wyre

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:55

That is a nice color, thanks for providing a review. It's nice to see that it doesn't go too dark when used with a fine nib.

No! Really has some complex (if not very dark) shading.

Thanks for the review! It looks like Sequoia could be quite similar to Diamine Evergreen. Seems to be pretty well-behaved on cheaper paper too.

One of the best behaved inks I have used in quite some time. There was no bleed through, and no feathering of any kind.

I happen to be writing with Sequoia today. A complex, dark vegetal green. I add a small amount of Noodler's Lexington Gray. It adds a bulletproof element without appreciably affecting the color.

Never thought to add a bulletproof ink to this one. I agree though... the color is very saturated, and complex.

Thank you all!

Fast, Cheap, Good... you  can choose two. 

#6 OPG4711

OPG4711

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 13:52

Great review! And I love this color; seems to have some ochre mixed in there and produces a unique, sophisticated looking ink. Might not go over well in the office but only the most somber of colours do. Their loss.

I've added this one to my 'Buy It' list.

- OPG4711

#7 tnmike1

tnmike1

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 00:23

I've ordered samples of Sequoia and Lexington Gray from Goulet. WOuld be interested in knowing proportions of Gray to Sequoia. Love the dark green, but don't want to make it much darker. Still, additional permanence would be nice tohave
Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL