Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Sailor King Of Pens

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 rogerico

rogerico

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 14:21

Nice pens and nice photos Roger. I love the minimalist aspects of the KOP.

I would, however, recommend having your other pens serviced by a pro because you some very nice pens and there's really no reason all of them couldn't be made to be a perfect writer and not leak. Since you already have them, I'd definitely spend the money to bring them all up to the KOP's level of pleasure. Then you'd have several perfect pens to choose from whenever the need arose.

Enjoy them all,

- Mike

Well, I'm seriously considering repairing my Montblanc 146 and Edgar Allan Poe. If they don't leak...! I know they could be good writers.
Roger

#62 shinji

shinji

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 18:37

May I ask which ink do you use in this picture? I thought it could be the Sailor Gentle Black, but it looks more solid. Thanks.

After some weeks of living with this snake charmer, I reaffirm that this excellent pen has the best nib ever build. Sailor is unbeatable. Here it is in good company...

#63 shinji

shinji

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 18:39

Does someone own both KOP in older and newer version (both ebonite)? I would like to hear different features between them in a comparative manner!

Nice pens and nice photos Roger. I love the minimalist aspects of the KOP.

I would, however, recommend having your other pens serviced by a pro because you some very nice pens and there's really no reason all of them couldn't be made to be a perfect writer and not leak. Since you already have them, I'd definitely spend the money to bring them all up to the KOP's level of pleasure. Then you'd have several perfect pens to choose from whenever the need arose.

Enjoy them all,

- Mike

Well, I'm seriously considering repairing my Montblanc 146 and Edgar Allan Poe. If they don't leak...! I know they could be good writers.

#64 rogerico

rogerico

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 19:27

You're right: It's Sailor Gentle Black.

[quote name='shinji' timestamp='1331836668' post='2282847']
May I ask which ink do you use in this picture? I thought it could be the Sailor Gentle Black, but it looks more solid. Thanks.
Roger