What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

I bought my first 139 from Max! :cloud9:

Congratulatios Jeremy. Can't wait to hear your views on it. I got mine from Max. Satisfying isn't it, knowing that you've purchased such an important, iconic pen from such a reliable source. The consistency in quality of Max's pens make it well worth a slight premium.

Pavoni.

Congrats! I also echo Pavoni's comment regarding Max's pens. I have L139G from Max and absolutely love it. I can't wait to buy another one from Max. May it bring you good luck. Use it in good health.

cheers

Wael

“Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis”

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you gents very much.

It is still en route. I should have waited to post but am excited :clap1:

To say that it has been a grail of mine is an understatement.

I am sure, like the striated celluloids, that there will be more in my future.

I have enormous confidence in Max.

Not only have I not had a problem, but I have yet to hear of someone who has had major and unresolved issues.

L139 link

Congratulatios Jeremy. Can't wait to hear your views on it. I got mine from Max. Satisfying isn't it, knowing that you've purchased such an important, iconic pen from such a reliable source. The consistency in quality of Max's pens make it well worth a slight premium.

Pavoni.

Fingers crossed.

I have only Max's link- it is the one with steel nib and original receipt...

Congrats! I also echo Pavoni's comment regarding Max's pens. I have L139G from Max and absolutely love it. I can't wait to buy another one from Max. May it bring you good luck. Use it in good health.

cheers

Wael

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

I will be certain to let you know, and take a few pics once he/she arrives! :cloud9:

It isn't real without lots of pictures... :P

A major purchase of a major MB iconic pen - really keen to know how you get on with it 'in the celluloid flesh'.

Stephen

________________________________________________________________________________

Sigmund Freud

Must come to Tassie for little holiday to recover from long flight!!! :notworthy1: :embarrassed_smile:

I received two 149s last week, from Tom W. One with Rhodium plating and 50s nib - and the other a 60s with a 50s nib.........and what nibs!!! They are inked and up at my writing desk - next time I will take my camera with me.........

Congratulations to everyone for exquisite taste! :cloud9:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

A picture of my new ink "Ink of friendship" together with my new pouch.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-NNBQW6KN-D.jpg

Edited by KJY

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

Bought this 2-pen case a few days ago for £25 on the 'bay.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

Lorna: that looks very nice. Which pen case is it? Does it hold 2 MB 149s without the pens scratching?

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

A 149 from pengallery, M nib, which came in a gift box with MB black ink. I received it a couple of hours ago and I can't wait to take it for a test run.

Lorna: that looks very nice. Which pen case is it? Does it hold 2 MB 149s without the pens scratching?

I don't know which pen case it is - I bought it pre-owned and it didn't come with a box or papers. I'm sure someone else will know.

Yes it does take two 149s without scratching - there is a divider inside to keep them seperate.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

I don't know which pen case it is - I bought it pre-owned and it didn't come with a box or papers. I'm sure someone else will know.

Yes it does take two 149s without scratching - there is a divider inside to keep them seperate.

It's from the Notes & Diaries series. I have mine in red.

Edited by daenghafez

yes I just bought one in red too, but it cost me over $100 :headsmack: :crybaby:

I would still love the one in tan colour- it is divine- and the divider is interesting- as while it runs down the full length of the case (unlike other MB cases) it only goes half way between the front and back of the case.

Sigmund Freud

Yes! Why do MB do that............not put full dividers in their pen cases? I have a 3-pen Delta which spoilt me for any other make..........and that takes 149s and even the large Henry Simpole overlay pens. Pshawww!!! :gaah:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

yes I just bought one in red too, but it cost me over $100 :headsmack: :crybaby:

I would still love the one in tan colour- it is divine- and the divider is interesting- as while it runs down the full length of the case (unlike other MB cases) it only goes half way between the front and back of the case.

It is an interesting pouch. The flap is much longer than in my black Diaries & Notes. So, apparently there were two different versions of the old Diaries & Notes...

Here is a link to the photos of my pouch (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1313937463__diaries__notes_black.jpg)

Isn't that interesting.. :hmm1:

I wonder if this could be in a small way be due to the size of the pens?

For instance I note with my big pens (Visconti Ripples, 149's etc) the flap will be shorter and with the Omas paragons it will be longer??

And...I still want a tan one :drool:

Sigmund Freud

Isn't that interesting.. :hmm1:

I wonder if this could be in a small way be due to the size of the pens?

For instance I note with my big pens (Visconti Ripples, 149's etc) the flap will be shorter and with the Omas paragons it will be longer??

And...I still want a tan one :drool:

I remember, shrinknib, I remember...

:embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile: :embarrassed_smile:

Sigmund Freud

Thanks!

Just this afternoon: Carlo Collodi WE, with a B nib :thumbup:

Congratulations! Pictures, please. Writing sample, pretty please? Is that B nib stubbish and does it offer line variation?

I just bought the Big Fat Pen that has the number 9 on its model number and ruby glow when held against strong light.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?