What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

My only MB is a Jules Verne and I managed to bust the nib up, so it's in for repairs at the moment :( I'll have a second MB when my local boutique gets the 90th anniversary 149s into stock, or if a reasonably priced used 75th anniversary limited edition 149 comes my way....

I think any of those would look great, but especially the Verne. :thumbup:

By the way, I have nothing against GvF. I am still looking for a few of their pens of the year at a reasonable price.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought this Meisterstuck Solitaire Royal Sterling Silver LeGrand Fountain pen with M nib with mother of pearl at the cap top :wub:

post-29592-0-41821300-1397071999_thumb.jpg

Edited by arashdeepsinghmann

---------------------

A.S.Mann

Last week I got this brand new Patron of Art Max von Oppenheim

That is a pen I liked more than I thought I would after holding it. Good weight and good choice. I saw one suspiciously cheap on eBay the other day and almost took a chance.

Also the pen in your avatar is definitely on my list of must have pens yet to be aquired. I wish I had never held one because now I know how beautiful it really is in person.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I just won an Mb 34 on ebay. So excited. It will be my first Mb!

I am sure it won't be you're last.

Enjoy

Thank you, it really is more beautiful that the poor photo that I posted.

The François... well, it really is another class of pen. It is completely beautiful (in my admittedly biased opinion), its nib glides on paper, soft and warm to the touch and not heavy at all.

But I admit that I'm afraid to drop it....

The other 149 showed up today, i think i'm going to need a loupe to check out the tines, it's scratchy as hell, had to grip it and angle it weird to write ok with it. maybe it's the tipping profile, or how the previous owner used it. I do remember someone else asking about such a tip.

It has the latest plastic feed, but no serial on the cap or pix under the clip, the lettering on the cap is also bigger than the other 149, does feel the same in the hands though. maybe not the original cap of the pen, it fits correctly on the other 149.

13748425593_bbeba00b4e.jpg

13748391725_62af003b8c.jpg

13748429563_f40a1d706f.jpg

Hope you can get it adjusted Jsolares. I always mentally add $100-150 to the price of a used pen, especially one from ebay. Good luck.

On a whim, I just purchased a Tribute to Mont Blanc rollerball off of ebay. Although I doubt that's what I'm really getting. For how low the cost was, it's "too good to be true" but I'm curious to see if it's been faked and I wanted to see how well ebay's refund gaurantee worked on misrepresented items. I guess I'll know in a week!

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Hope you can get it adjusted Jsolares. I always mentally add $100-150 to the price of a used pen, especially one from ebay. Good luck.

Yeah hopefully it's just a misaligned tine since that's how it feels like. but i can't see it with the magnifying glass from my swiss army knife, the lamy i fixed using it had a bigger separation between tines itself so easier to see it, with this i just see the blob of tipping material, will really need the loupe for this one.

Got it for 350$, spend 75$ more and i should've just gotten the one from isellpens XD... oh well live and learn i guess, the other one was 320$ and works great so not that bad in all

Edited by jsolares

Exquisite!

Thanks Opooh, this pen surprised me a bit, it is larger and heavier than i expected,and has some real 50ies feel to it, it reminds me a bit of my fifties 146 which is about the same size and weight.

All in all a pen that i like a lot.

Thanks Opooh, this pen surprised me a bit, it is larger and heavier than i expected,and has some real 50ies feel to it, it reminds me a bit of my fifties 146 which is about the same size and weight.

All in all a pen that i like a lot.

Love the ski slope feeder. Is it an OB nib?