What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

Well, not my last buy, but at least its the first time I show this pen MB 126 full sterling 925 with a medium 750 nib very wet, it was a long shot I got this from a ebay seller from Indonesia and take a long time to reach me, one happy ending, the overall condition is good the piston works great, but I have to send it over nibs.com to take care of the cleaning and and a small leaking, i'm happy I don't see many of those around. best regards.

Very classy pen! Thanks for sharing.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the fortune of winning the auction of ffg's doué

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/250479-can-you-help-me-identify-my-montblanc-pens/?do=findComment&comment=2745278

I gave it a good rinse and put mb black in the pen

It truly is a lovely pen, I guess it's an om or ob nib. So a bit more for a special occasion since my handwriting is pretty small in normal mode.

But it will be very happily used by me

MB Dumas M nib like new condition on it's way to me.

Once I have it, I'll post some photos of it.

Newbie to the forum here.

Finally succumbed and bought a (new) MB 149 today. This is my first ever MB and to be honest my first fountain pen since my good old cheap-and-cheerful Parker went AWOL about 15 years ago.

Am absolutely loving it. I have big hands and the 149 feels so comfortable and balanced compared to the scrawny ball points I've been using for years.

The medium nib is coping fantastically with my lefty underwriting style (extreme paper angle of around 70 degrees - which drove my school teachers nuts all those years ago). I was contemplating a broad nib and was thinking I may take advantage of the nib replacement service, but I am feeling MORE than happy with the M after my first couple of hours scribbling away!

I guess a "normal" new 149 doesn't require photos - you guys have seen so many of them by now :)

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray

Allow me to be the first to welcome you here, to the MB Forum Robert :W2FPN: And what a way to start! Love your style and attitude already. :thumbup:

Once you have had a couple of weeks to get acquainted with your MB 149, please feel free to tell us your thoughts (whether you stick with that M nib, what you will carry your pen around in, or whether it will sit proudly on your desk; what ink you will use, etc). Of course, don't forget to include pictures if you can; there is nothing more we like here than pictures of Montblanc pens B)

Welcome. Great choice of pen. :)

Pavoni.

Edited by pavoni

Not a good picture, but I finally got this

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4679/j4z9.jpg

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Newbie to the forum here.

Finally succumbed and bought a (new) MB 149 today. This is my first ever MB and to be honest my first fountain pen since my good old cheap-and-cheerful Parker went AWOL about 15 years ago.

Am absolutely loving it. I have big hands and the 149 feels so comfortable and balanced compared to the scrawny ball points I've been using for years.

The medium nib is coping fantastically with my lefty underwriting style (extreme paper angle of around 70 degrees - which drove my school teachers nuts all those years ago). I was contemplating a broad nib and was thinking I may take advantage of the nib replacement service, but I am feeling MORE than happy with the M after my first couple of hours scribbling away!

I guess a "normal" new 149 doesn't require photos - you guys have seen so many of them by now :)

Great acquisition, congrats. I will echo Pavoni, please do post some pictures. :W2FPN:

Edited by orfew

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Placed an order for a M 1912 Heritage. Hopefully I'll have it soon.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Not a good picture, but I finally got this

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4679/j4z9.jpg

Long time no see my friend!

Many congrats!

This pen you can easily carry with the 100th year pen pouch without any friction.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

I am officially infected guys, it seems the the resistance is futile :-)

this is a beautiful pen, and not to forget a pleasure to write with

post-82425-0-95957800-1377679756.jpg

MB 149 EF - Lamy 2000 EF - TWSBI Micarta EF - DuPont Defi - Sailor Pro Gear F- Graf von FC Initio EF - Rotring 600

Lots of love for the new heritage pens here!

Enjoy your new pens! (this also applies to the non-heritage acquisitions!)

I picked up this 3 pen pouch in a store that used to be an authorised MB dealer but has now been forced to stop selling MB. Now clearing the shelves at discount. I paid 35 euro !

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p269/bartlin/P1030641_zpse93f0588.jpg

Nice pouch! Especially for that price!

Where did you get it from? I'm not so familiar with the Belgian pen shops.
I wonder why they were forced to stop selling MB? Didn't reach their sales quota? Not up to the standards MB requires?

I am officially infected guys, it seems the the resistance is futile :-)

this is a beautiful pen, and not to forget a pleasure to write with

attachicon.gifIMG_0747.jpg

Many congrats to you too!

Wow there a quite some members now with a heritage!

ENJOY!

Appelboom

I wonder why they were forced to stop selling MB? Didn't reach their sales quota? Not up to the standards MB requires?

What I have heard is that MB always force the authorised dealers to fulfill to there display requirements. Most of them are willing to do that ...

Appelboom

Long time no see my friend!

Many congrats!

This pen you can easily carry with the 100th year pen pouch without any friction.

Thank you my friend. I've been around. Not very active though.

Lots of love for the new heritage pens here!

Enjoy your new pens! (this also applies to the non-heritage acquisitions!)

Those pouches are nice. I think from the 1990's. Came in a lot of colours.

Allow me to be the first to welcome you here, to the MB Forum Robert :W2FPN: And what a way to start! Love your style and attitude already. :thumbup:

Once you have had a couple of weeks to get acquainted with your MB 149, please feel free to tell us your thoughts (whether you stick with that M nib, what you will carry your pen around in, or whether it will sit proudly on your desk; what ink you will use, etc). Of course, don't forget to include pictures if you can; there is nothing more we like here than pictures of Montblanc pens B)

Welcome. Great choice of pen. :)

Pavoni.

Great acquisition, congrats. I will echo Pavoni, please do post some pictures. :W2FPN:

Thank you for the welcome here.

It is a struggle concentrating on work today. I keep sneaking out my writing pad and am documenting the day as it goes by ;)

Pictures (and many questions I am sure) will follow. I have all sorts of things I would like to ask (favourite ink, favourite paper/journal, 149 posted/unposted, favourite pen case...), but I need to delve into the post history first so as not to re-invent the wheel!

Cheers!

Robert

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.
William Makepeace Thackeray