What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase?

Blade Runner

A nice green striated vintage 246.......

Still looking out for a Tiger eye 246,..... anyone???

Francis

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• farmdogfan

• orfew

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stunning pens Konis :notworthy1:

The sum of a 'set' of pens is so much more than the individual pen. Fabulous treat to see these excellent pens grouped together.

You really have been busy building a super collection. Can't wait until you manage to draw breath and share the lot with us :thumbup:

Many thanks for sharing so generously.

Pavoni

A nice green striated vintage 246.......

Still looking out for a Tiger eye 246,..... anyone???

Francis

Congratulations Francis. A great addition to that fantastic collection of yours. :puddle:

These striated pens are magnificent, particularly the 246 size, which you seem to favour. I am not sure how many straited variations there are but I hope you capture that Tiger eye as soon as possible, so that we can see your striated 246 pens pictured alongside each other. :thumbup:

Pavoni.

just purchased a 146 LeGrand with F nib. I already have one with M, but it was too thick for me for an every day carry pen. now it is in my bag together with the matching ballpen and pencil.

MB 149 EF - Lamy 2000 EF - TWSBI Micarta EF - DuPont Defi - Sailor Pro Gear F- Graf von FC Initio EF - Rotring 600

just purchased a 146 LeGrand with F nib. I already have one with M, but it was too thick for me for an every day carry pen. now it is in my bag together with the matching ballpen and pencil.

Congrats! The 146 is a great pen. Enjoy it for many years to come.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Congrats on a great purchase! I'm sure you will love it!

Congrats! The 146 is a great pen. Enjoy it for many years to come.

thanks!

in fact the MB was the holy grail for me, and to tell the truth after I purchased the Le Grand (fp, bp, pencil ~15 years ago) I rarely used them ... I was afraid to use them at my workplace, however I took them with me frequently.

I have started to use the fp (146 M nib) recently after discovering some better quality notebooks.

checking a lot of variations and sizes in the MB collection, I sticked to the 146 :-) it is perfect for me. earlier I had problems with wet pens using on no so good quality paper.

MB 149 EF - Lamy 2000 EF - TWSBI Micarta EF - DuPont Defi - Sailor Pro Gear F- Graf von FC Initio EF - Rotring 600

Congrats on a great purchase! I'm sure you will love it!

thanks!

I started to compare the two identical pens immediately :-) I checked the weight after reading that some stories about fakes, but they seem to be identical. it is funny because I do not see any sign of difference between the two, except the F sticker on the new one. other pens do change during the time adding or removing some little things, but these two are identical.

thanks!

I started to compare the two identical pens immediately :-) I checked the weight after reading that some stories about fakes, but they seem to be identical. it is funny because I do not see any sign of difference between the two, except the F sticker on the new one. other pens do change during the time adding or removing some little things, but these two are identical.

From my experience, I have never heard of a faked 146. I've heard the piston mechanism is too expensive for the replica-makers to make. I'm sure it is authentic. :thumbup:

From my experience, I have never heard of a faked 146. I've heard the piston mechanism is too expensive for the replica-makers to make. I'm sure it is authentic. :thumbup:

I have purchased from the only official source. as the MB boutique was closed recently in Budapest, they received the stock, so it It should be ok. looking at the quality it should be a very costly fake copy :-)

just read recently the changes on the newer pens, and I am happier with the "old" one..

now the next subject will be a 100th anniversary (there is one in stock in a local shop but with B nib) and continue regretting the miss of the Jules Verne pen, when it was new ...

Szervusz JamesTKirk,

Congratulations on your recent acquisition. Great to see you on the MB forum.

Where was the MB boutique in Budapest? The only MB outlet I was aware of was in the West End City Centre. Hopefully it is still there as this was a considerable treat when visiting my wife's family!

Mind you, each time I have been in the boutique I was the only customer :(

Pavoni.

Szervusz JamesTKirk,

Congratulations on your recent acquisition. Great to see you on the MB forum.

Where was the MB boutique in Budapest? The only MB outlet I was aware of was in the West End City Centre. Hopefully it is still there as this was a considerable treat when visiting my wife's family!

Mind you, each time I have been in the boutique I was the only customer :(

Pavoni.

Szervusz Pavoni :-)

Thanks for the nice welcome! Your are right, it was in the West End, but it is closed. I was thinking about the purchase of a new MB pen, and had the shop in my mind, but never been there. When I decided to check it, it was closed a few days before :-(

The stock (and I believe the import rights) was transferred to the Reálszisztéma shops, one of them is almost exactly on the other side of the corridor. I have no idea about the supply of the official MB outlet/boutique, but I guess it was much broader.

The sales persons are very helpful and competent (to my surprise), I have checked all three shops in the city.

http://www.menedzsershop.hu/site/?n=rms_westend

I have purchased my new pen in another shop at Váci str., where I got my pens 15 years ago, the shop was closed for years just reopened recently. They had one 146 with F nib and gold trim. I was looking for the Einstein ink, but they had only blue and black.

(Originally I went there to purchase a fineliner refill, I bought the whole stock available for the country (1 pack blue and 1 black in two different shops :-)). I am happily using it in my Lamy 2000 rollerball, I hold the pen in a very low angle to the paper, regular bp and rb refills are not usable for me.)

This week I have bought:

- MB Balzac fountain pen

- MB Heritage 1912 Black Resin fountain pen

- Two bottles of the Balzac Ink

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to test any of the above but from appearances, I'm very happy.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

This week I have bought:

- MB Balzac fountain pen

- MB Heritage 1912 Black Resin fountain pen

- Two bottles of the Balzac Ink

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to test any of the above but from appearances, I'm very happy.

I love the 1912, Brandon! Enjoy it. :thumbup:

[/url]">http://http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/kaisede/Fountain%20Pens/IMG_0396.jpg

This are my this year's purchase so far... And yes another 149...

Beautiful! I love that solitaire :puddle: :puddle:

I love the 1912, Brandon! Enjoy it. :thumbup:

Beautiful! I love that solitaire :puddle: :puddle:

thanks!! I love the mother of pearl star on that pen.

Thanks for the nice welcome! Your are right, it was in the West End, but it is closed. I was thinking about the purchase of a new MB pen, and had the shop in my mind, but never been there. When I decided to check it, it was closed a few days before :-(

The stock (and I believe the import rights) was transferred to the Reálszisztéma shops, one of them is almost exactly on the other side of the corridor. I have no idea about the supply of the official MB outlet/boutique, but I guess it was much broader.

The sales persons are very helpful and competent (to my surprise), I have checked all three shops in the city.

I have purchased my new pen in another shop at Váci str., where I got my pens 15 years ago, the shop was closed for years just reopened recently. They had one 146 with F nib and gold trim. I was looking for the Einstein ink, but they had only blue and black.

(Originally I went there to purchase a fineliner refill, I bought the whole stock available for the country (1 pack blue and 1 black in two different shops :-)). I am happily using it in my Lamy 2000 rollerball, I hold the pen in a very low angle to the paper, regular bp and rb refills are not usable for me.)

Erdekes. I suppose it was only a matter of time before that store would close. It clearly wasn't busy enough and MB have been closing a number of boutiques over the years. You are right about the employees there, they were refreshingly helpful. Shame :( .

I know the Reálszisztéma shop opposite (lots of luggage!). They used to sell MB items before the boutique opened but nothing like the range in the boutique. I seem to remember there being a little shop in the Mammut Shopping Centre and I am sure they had one or two MB items there! Nem baj.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new MB 146 now that you have one with an 'F' nib.

Pavoni.

My last acquisition: an allegedly wartime Montblanc 136 (ca 1941) from Lutz Fiebig (Penboard.de):

fpn_1376147793__012bis.jpg

fpn_1376147066__038bis.jpg

fpn_1376147527__057bis.jpg

fpn_1376147718__044bis.jpg

fpn_1376148219__022bis.jpg

fpn_1376148376__043bis.jpg

fpn_1376148424__050bis.jpg

Zenbat buru hainbat aburu

Congratulations Idazle on your 136. It is a great looking pen and your writing and drawing with it are fantastic. I have purchased many MB's from Lutz and he has a great reputation.