What Parkers Are You Working With Today?

NABodie

Inked this one up for the holidays with a nice dark green ink mix. Santa has a lot of letters to return!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5180/5586300659_9f9a0a27fe_b.jpg

Wow, what a gorgeous pen!

For me today, two Parker Duofold Jr. pens. I resacced a c. 1926 model, and filled it with Waterman Florida Blue. I also did some work with its c. 1928 sibling, filled with Waterman Blue Black.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NABodie

• Tom Aquinas

• Rockyrod

• Gerd W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just signed some Holiday card with my Sonnet on medium nib with black Quink

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/mikkolopez/My%20Pens/IMG_1059.jpg

Have a Happy New Year Everybody.

Great pen! I always like Sonnets! They can take about a 1.6mm retip and still have a generous ink flow.

Get rid of the watch though; For what that Submariner is worth, you can get a lot of great pens!

Edited by GregMinuskin

Greg Minuskin

greg@gregminuskin.com

www.gregminuskin.com

• 2 weeks later...

Parker 51 cedar blue 1944 with coin silver cap and loaded with Diamine Presidential Blue.

Watermans Hundred Year pen 1939 in red with Diamine Prussian Blue.

Edited by Rockyrod

Rod Rumsey

Email me

Will start tonight with a 45 on F nib and Black Quink

http://i583.photobucket.com/albums/ss273/mikkolopez/My%20Pens/p45Flighter1.jpg

Parker Vector - flighter?

Medium Point

date - III Q

Cartridge syringe filled with Sailor Nano black.

post-27701-0-10811600-1326800550.jpg

"One Ink-drop on a solitary thought hath moved the minds of millions" - P R Spencer

I have one of the 1990's International sized 18K two tone arrow nib in "M". It was always a balky, dry writer 'till Mike-it-Work reground it to between F and EF and improved the flow. Still a bit balky 'till JB Perfect Pen Flush turned it into a perfect writer. BTW it's one of those hard to find Sunset Orsnge modern Big Reds. Really enjoying it this morning - even on Moleskine.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Parker Urban Night Sky Blue GT (and TeNeues CoolNote)

http://newz.cz/eagle/obrazky_ext/pera_zapisniky_atd/moleskine_parker_01.JPG

I rotate my pens "at work" by half year.

After a couple of years I decide to use my Mosaic's again.

They feel a little small, cause I normalily use the Centennial sizes.

But what a good pens are the Duofolds....

• 3 weeks later...

Parker 51 SJ 1945 in Cedar Blue with coin silver cap.

Parker 51 DJ 1945 in Buckskin Beige with GF cap.

MB 334 1/2.

All three are war time pens.

Rod Rumsey

Email me

Tonight is a near-perfect Q1 1948 demonstrator with a perfect brushed steel cap and the tightest clip I've had in quite some time.

It likes Aurora black, and is huge fun to watch filling!

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

This one. (It's beside my late Granny's antique shot glass that I use to soak pen parts in.)

DSC00509.JPG

It's a UK pen that's still all in pieces, some needing to sonicate yet. I got the hood and barrel all polished this evening so they are ready to go. It had some widespread surface scratches and only 2 characters of an imprint left. It was the first time I've ever polished off any part of an imprint. :( It's like a piece of onyx now though. :meow:

I don't really have any need or desire for a black Aero (this came in a 2 pen deal with the Rolled Silver cap Brit Burgundy) so I suspect it will go to some hopefully new 1st time 51 owner when I'm done with it.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

UK made Q4 2000 Blue Ellipse with Waterman's South Sea Blue, and my undated, French silver plated godron pattern P75 with Noodler's golden brown... my 1981 P105 from Speerbob only just arrived and is not inked yet.

Glenn.

Black undated Inflection and a matte black IC Arrow.

[color=#444444][size=2][left]In this age of text, twitter, skype and email, receiving a good old-fashioned hand-written letter feels just like a warm hug.[/left][/size][/color][img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png[/img]

I just cleaned and inked (with PR Dakota Red) a 1951 red Parkette that I scored for a song at an auction ($1.80 US). Looks like there's finally a vintage pen in my daily rotation...

English Parker 61, black with rolled gold cap and wet medium nib.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Simple P51 Mark III, black, English, "fine" nib.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight