What Color Are Your Fingers Today?

GouletPens

Usually my fingers are covered with Waterman Blue Black ( the ink we test and tune pens with) , they ARE covered with that ink but also interestingly there is a large dollop of Everflo True Blue!

BTW, True Blue is the closest thing to the old Penman Sapphire I have ever seen, and it's washable !!!!thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

But I reveal too much, too soon...

Edited by framebaer

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• amberleadavis

• Thier.

• pmhudepo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My fingers are covered with a combination of Noodler's Nightshade and Bad Blue Heron. Lovely actually...

"When your favorite cup breaks, remember it is only a cup." - Epictetus: Enchiridion"

After filling my L2K with Diamine Violet a few days ago:

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy159/irbyls/Photoon2010-07-29at15385.jpg

Edit to add: I don't always take pictures of myself with inky fingers. I took this one to show it to my friend Aaron (who is here on FPN) one of the ink colors we traded. He was amused.

Edited by irbyls

-irbyls

Today they are the lovely shade of Noodler's Zhivago, tomorrow...who knows ;-)

Tamara

Noodler's standard brown. My copper Estie with the 9550 nib bleeds ink into the cap at the slightest provocation (the nib it too close to the inner cap, so it touches if you aren't careful, draws ink out all over the place).

I usually only have ink on my fingers when I'm working on pens -- almost impossible to keep them clean while handing pen parts no matter how much the pens are flushed. Ink from using a pen is quite rare, I'm both careful and use mostly Snorkels and Parker "51"s, neither of which is prone to ink escaping to the section.

Peter

Had some Poussière de lune on my hand (just a tad), then was refilling some 1670 ink and thought I got in on my finger...nope! This time I had actually cut my finger (just before with a utility knife while opening boxes)....lots of times I saw red fingers and thought it was blood, this time it was the opposite! Is that funny that now when I see red on my fingers my first thought is that it's ink? That's like when you learn a foreign language well enough that you start dreaming in that language (okay not just like that, but you get it).

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

Pelikan Brilliant Black... although it's kind of gray on my finger at present. I'd made a quick gesture in a meeting this morning and the ink shot onto the table... I blotted it with my hand quickly before anyone could notice. I waiting for the day that happens and it winds up on someones shirt!

JC3

Waterman Blue-Black. Because today I found out that my father hadn't cleaned his Lamy 2000 since I bought it for him (2 years ago)

Vintage Skrip green on RH thumb, forefinger and middlefinger.

Please, no-one start a "What-colour-is-your-shirt-pocket" thread.:embarrassed_smile:

Nigel

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

I have the remnants of a relatively large amount of Diamine Majestic Blue on my fingers. I had a slight mishap filling my M200 yesterday and walked around for a bit in my office asking my fellow attorneys to represent me in my upcoming case. My offense? Murder of a Smurf. They pop like Blueberries. ;)

Once I washed my hands and applied waterless hand sanitizer, I am left with a blue-green stain that's pretty faint. It almost makes me want to do a water resistance test on the ink to see if the same result occurs on paper as on my skin.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

Diamine Poppy Red yesterday! Iroshizuku Kon-Peki today! Most likely Noodler's Squeteague tomorrow!

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I regularly get ink on my fingers...frankly, I feel quite naked when I don't have ink on my fingers!

Amen!!! thumbup.gif

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

purple/magenta from Noodler's nightshade...

Give up my fountain pen? You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead, inkstained, hands!

Iroshizuku Ku-Jaku this morning (although only a few small streaks) which was later eclipsed by some weed pulling--and a long shower.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

deep dark blue-green. a combination of several inks i mixed myself. i tend to mix left-over inks i have around just for fun and to see what color i could come up with.

-rudy-

-rudy-