#721 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2014 - 23:15

My wife recently attended a conference in Montréal and while shopping/sightseeing in her free time she happened upon a Stylo boutique. I've ordered from their online site before so she recognized the name. A gentleman showed her around and answered dozens of her questions before she settled on buying me a birthday present. The Caréne in Marine Amber is a beautiful pen and has one of the smoothest nibs I have ever used. She also picked up a bottle of Graf von Faber-Castell Garnet Red, which is a delicious shade of red.

_MG_4120_zps6202ae07.jpg

Nice present. Congrats on such an attentive wife!!  And on your birthday....

D.ick

The FPN-Stipula LE 2011 and 2012, too .:

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#722 mikeschu

mikeschu

The ink extends life

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2014 - 19:27

Just acquired a Carène Deluxe, fine nib, in a trade. I need to fully ink it up, but I really like the build quality and how it wrote dipped.

Only negative? Cleaning the pen makes me think Parker 51s and are easier to deal with.

#723 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:04

Just acquired a Carène Deluxe, fine nib, in a trade. I need to fully ink it up, but I really like the build quality and how it wrote dipped.

Only negative? Cleaning the pen makes me think Parker 51s and are easier to deal with.

If you want to take them apart: yes, that is best left to the pros, or some semi-pros like Force.....

D.ick

The FPN-Stipula LE 2011 and 2012, too .:

....GOT THEM!!!!!!

#724 mikeschu

mikeschu

The ink extends life

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2014 - 21:07

If you want to take them apart: yes, that is best left to the pros, or some semi-pros like Force.....

This was just a regular clean-and-flush to change inks. I think it took a good 24 hours of soaking, then 30 minutes of manual labor, then another 12 hours of dry time.