What Waterman pens do you own?

Onion

Well, my tally has changed (somewhat rapidly :embarrassed_smile: )

1 Edson, 2 Carene and a Phileas (with Medium nib with CI grind)

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• Sinistral1

• HalloweenHJB

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now have given and sold off my collection of pens, waning it down to 2. Waterman's of course. An Emblem, on the upper end of the semi flex spectrum, and a BCHR 12, on the lower end of the wet noodle spectrum.

I can't stress enough how unbelievable that 12 is. I look forward to a lifetime with it.

I have two waterman expert, dune, one black and one black/red.

Should be enough, I love my waterman, they are fantastic, but two is enough.

Carene Deluxe - Black with Sterling Silver cap

Carene - Amber Shimmer (Ocean?) - FP and RB

Phileas - Marbled Green

1900 - Gunmetal

Taperite Stateleigh - Black with Gold Cap

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

• 3 weeks later...

I have one Mineral Blue Rhapsody that I take out about every two years and like to think it will miraculously work for me. Has always skipped easily, goes dry quickly, and leaked around the gold base of the nib so that it gets all over my fingers and into the cap. I love looking at it, but it is a horrible writing pen and was a waste of a lot of money.

I have one Mineral Blue Rhapsody that I take out about every two years and like to think it will miraculously work for me. Has always skipped easily, goes dry quickly, and leaked around the gold base of the nib so that it gets all over my fingers and into the cap. I love looking at it, but it is a horrible writing pen and was a waste of a lot of money.

The section is cracked under the ring. Fairly typical of this type of section. Replace the section and you will be back in business.

I have 4

A Hemisphere Stainless steel with EF and L nib sections (Am not a great fan of this pen...)

3 Prefaces

Thriller Red

Silver Plated

Textured Green

Preface nib sections in Extra Fine, Fine x 2, Medium and Stub

Am looking to add another Preface (Escapist Green) and a Black Man 200 to this collection very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

* Phileas, green marble with a fine nib

* Charleston, navy blue with a fine nib

Both great pens!!!

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." /Mark Twain

I hear ya! I have two Waterman pens with fine nibs but I think they're a bit too broad for my taste, even though I love the pens. Maybe extra fine would be better. But if you bought the pen on e-bay it might be hard to replace the nib.... What do you think?

Just 2 Waterman pens currently:

• Waterman Expert 2 Black Matte Finish - Medium Nib
  • Phileas Black - Extra Fine Nib

I love them both but the Phileas tends to be used more frequently as I'm not a big fan of Mediums (and in the case of the Waterman nibs, tend to be a bit wider).

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." /Mark Twain

Just one.. a Waterman Phileas in blue marble with a medium nib.

I now have a Waterman's Lady Corinth in black with a checker/diamond-pattern cap along with the Phileas.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Erm, maybe it's easier if I post a few pictures...

And a few more... I think I have a problem. :embarrassed_smile::X

post-71037-0-65906700-1305622143.jpg

post-71037-0-40302600-1305622153.jpg

Edited by Profiteor

• Edson, B, Sapphire Blue
  • Carene, F, Marine Amber
  • Carene, RB, Marine Amber
  • Carene Deluxe, M, Black with sterling cap
  • Phileas, M, Marbled Green
  • Maestro / 1900, F, Gunmetal (I've seen this referred to by either name)
  • Taperite Stateleigh, 14k M/F, Black with gold cap

Edited by FLJeepGuy

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

I'm happy to join the Waterman club. I just got this beautiful piece from my wife.

Waterman Hemisphere Stainless Steel

post-71095-0-73313100-1305875176.jpg

Edited by majkic

I bought my first two Waterman FPs at the Chicago Pen Show last week. The red one has a custom stub nib and the green one looks just like Profiteor's two (his photo, cropped).

The band on the red looks like the Phileas, but should it gap at the back? I hope you can see the gap in the tiny pic at the bottom.

So, what do I have? Both pens write like silk.

post-13500-0-16088700-1305941738.jpg

post-13500-0-59389600-1305941755.jpg

post-13500-0-40211000-1305941767.jpg

post-13500-0-59160000-1305941783.jpg

Carol in Chicago

I bought my first two Waterman FPs at the Chicago Pen Show last week. The red one has a custom stub nib and the green one looks just like Profiteor's two (his photo, cropped).

The band on the red looks like the Phileas, but should it gap at the back? I hope you can see the gap in the tiny pic at the bottom.

The green ones are Kulturs, the very colorful student version of the Phileas. The red one looks like a black Phileas with a Kultur cap.

The green ones are Kulturs, the very colorful student version of the Phileas. The red one looks like a black Phileas with a Kultur cap.

Thanks!

Carol in Chicago