Skin For Mobile Users

Admin

Dearest Ladies and Gentlemen, Members of this Little Fountain Pen Nut House on the Digital Prairie,

As everything seems quite stable after the upgrade to the latest version of the board software, and all the niggling behind the scenes details appear to be fixed as well, we thought it proper to announce and introduce a new feature of this board: the Mobile skin. IOW, a skin designed to work well with PDAs and iPhone type cell phones, for mobile browsing. At the bottom of each page, left hand side, you will find a field which indicates the currently selected skin, in principle the default IP.Board skin.  Clicking on the arrow next to it, will provide you with the option to select between this and the new IP.Board Mobile skin. selecting one will instantaneously change the layout to your selection.

We do hope you enjoy this little add-on, to make your mobile browsing experience of FPN an even more pleasurable one.

Warm regards,

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• jniforat

• pen2paper

• The Royal Pen

Thank you! I love to check FPN by iPhone and this will help cut loading times and make things nice. WOOOOOO! :roflmho:

Nice. I tried the iPhone IP.Board app and it works very nicely with FPN, too.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Looks great, much easier to navigate.

Is there any way to get into the personal section like messaging, or to search while in this skin?

:thumbup:

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

Why do I have to be logged in to see the mobile view?

Because it is not an option for Guests. Sorry.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Looks great, much easier to navigate.

Is there any way to get into the personal section like messaging, or to search while in this skin?

yes touch the double arrow at the top of the page, this brings up the menu for messaging and other things like viewing new content. To reply to a message you need to touch it to bring up more functions.

Written on my iPod touch before getting out of bed :-)

To the Admins:

Thanks, the new skin is wonderful. I used to change the old skin to the traditional view, because I could never manage my way around the board otherwise on my iPhone. I especially like the visual cues (color "talk-bubble" icons, etc.)

Great work. It is quite an effort you all put in to keep our "nuthouse" in order, and this "nut" truly appreciates it! :notworthy1:

To Silvermink:

Thank you for posting about the app from IP.Board for the iPhone. I would've never thought to look for something like that on the appstore. I downloaded it and it now contains this board and two others I follow, which makes things much easier to manage.

Warm Regards to all,

Isabel

You are not obliged to complete the work, but neither are you free to evade it. Rabbi Tarfon

Thanks for adding the mobile skin. Pages load much faster on the phone!

I only wish it would automatically break lines to accommodate the narrow width of mobile screens.

Happiness is an Indian ED!

Thank you for this. Although most of the time I have my laptop with me, I love to check my favorite sites from my BlackBerry.

Tony :)

HUGE improvement!! Many thanks for your outstanding work and commitment. The BB skin is great.

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on a verizion phone that is what they classify as 3g, or half-way between a smart phone and a normal phone. my web browser is really nice. i've been using the mobile skin, but for some reason it tends to load IP.board first, and after I log in then it automatically converts to Ip.Board Mobile, which I really can't thank you enough for! Is it possible when i first access FPN as a guest it'll load Ip.Board Mobile first instead of Ip.board?

It's not that big of a deal, but I thought i might ask.

Again, i love the new skin.

thanks,

j

You should be able to select the mobile skin as a guest too, AFAIK. Did you give that a try yet, as in, prior to logging in?

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

You should be able to select the mobile skin as a guest too, AFAIK. Did you give that a try yet, as in, prior to logging in?

Warm regards, Wim

Yes. That works; however, my browser FIRST loads IP.Board and THEN i can choose IP.Board Mobile. I was wondering if there is anyway to have it automatically load Ip.Board MObile

Warm regards, Wim

Yes. That works; however, my browser FIRST loads IP.Board and THEN i can choose IP.Board Mobile. I was wondering if there is anyway to have it automatically load Ip.Board MObile

Sign out, sign in again. and tick the box where it says "Remember Me", before hitting enter. The IP.Board Default skin will stilleeb shown first, but just select the Mobile one again. From then on, provided you log in at least once every 3 days, it should remember.

You do have to switch on cookies for our site, however, otherwise it still won't work.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I will learn this..

someday.. I've got the..well, almost got the scrolling thing down..

was able to google to FPN.. but fearful of signing in..

(scratches head-what is that password?)

have had Zero issues remaining signed in here.. so I Really want to tinker with success?

nifty little machines.