Welcome to the Waterman Forum

inkdesigner

I just wanted to take a moment to welcome you all to the Waterman forum, where we hope to be discussing all things Waterman, whether they be vintage, new, or somewhere in between :P

I am relativly new to the arena of Waterman's, but I must say that of the ones I do have, I would say they have some of the smoothest nibs I have tried.

I look forward to all the discussion we will have and I hope that we will all be able to learn some new things along the way.

So, let's all sit back and enjoy the ride :roflmho:

Edited by inkdesigner

Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.

--Franklin D. Roosevelt

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subey4040

• Left FPN

• Shelumiel

• leojninuca

I just wanted to take a moment to welcome you all to the Waterman forum, where we hope to be discussing all things Waterman, whether they be vintage, new, or somewhere in between :P

I am relativly new to the arena of Waterman's, but I must say that of the ones I do have, I would say they have some of the smoothest nibs I have tried.

I look forward to all the discussion we will have and I hope that we will all be able to learn some new things along the way.

ONLY ONE WORD FROM ME: THANKS. :)

I've just recently discovered how nice the Waterman's pens are, and now there's a forum on FPN. Cool! :D

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tony Dixon

I have a Waterman CF fountain pen and cannot find any cartridges to fit. I bought a convertor off ebay but this does not fit either.

Can anyone help please? The pen is circa 1970

Thanks,

Tony

• 3 months later...

I own a Waterman Expert FP in Dune Blue right now it has PR ink in Chocolate. I like the Expert alot because it is metal if I am going to spend over a hundred dollars on something I don't want plastic, however the Exception is awesome, it is just so expensive.

• 6 months later...

Hi, I'm brand new here, not even close to having this website figured out.

What got my attention was it showing up when I Googled Waterman. I have several, all of which I know, except one. It is silverplated, looks sort of like an old Executive, Exclusive, something like that, and it has a black octagonal emblem on the top of the cap. What I am looking for is someone who can tell me what I have, and what it might be valued at.

Thanks much,

Ken

• 3 months later...

Brand new to the FPN...

I have a really old off-brand el cheapo pen (10 year or so--iridium tip, universal cartridges--I love it) but now I have decided to treat myself to a new more expensive pen and have ordered myself a lovely lavender Waterman Ici & La... was it a wise choice? Anyone else have one of these or an opinion on my clearance-rack standby?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new to FP's as well as Waterman. I recently got a Phileas and love the way it writes. So smooth and and effortless. It's what I like about fountain pens but more so. I'm interested in learning more about the company and there fine offerings.

undefinedFinnmcool, the Big and Goofy.

I have just discovered a waterman's ideal pen with a silver overlay among old "stuff" - how can I find out if it is valuable ???? thanks so much - it has a gold nib and a black body and looks quite old - copyright 1905 marked sterling E Subotich

• 2 years later...

I began collecting vintage fountain pens several years ago, I also have modern fountain pens. I know focusing my collection on specific brand, I have chosen Waterman. I own a couple modern Watermans, and a couple vintage ones. Looking to being expanding my vintage Waterman Collection. I like collecting vintage fountain pens and also enjoying learning the history of the company. I joined a several years ago and decided to become more active, become a better informed collector instead an amasser.

God is my Strength.

Brad http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone suggest a waterman vintage pen dealer. I am new to the collecting enterprise and I don't know much of where to get them. I tried e-bay but with no luck. Best regards and thanks for your time.

Can anyone suggest a waterman vintage pen dealer. I am new to the collecting enterprise and I don't know much of where to get them. I tried e-bay but with no luck. Best regards and thanks for your time.

Of folks with web presences, you can't go wrong with Joel Hamilton or Richard Binder.

At a pen show, definitely look up John Strother. He has many gorgeous Waterman pens.

Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

• 5 months later...

Of folks with web presences, you can't go wrong with Joel Hamilton or Richard Binder.

At a pen show, definitely look up John Strother. He has many gorgeous Waterman pens.

Regards, greg

I can second that. Joel is great! I also enjoy looking through John's offerings at pen shows. Picked up an exclusive set, FP/BP/MP, at the last Portland Pen Show from him.

Also look for offerings by Michael McNeil, NorthwestPenWorks, John Schwab, and Stuart Hawkinson on the for sale section of FPN.

Regards,

Bruce "Grem" Grembowski

Bruce Grembowski

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes:

Hello, i am new here, just received my first fountain pen as birthday present.

I have been collecting watches for years and now realise how amazing antique pens are too! Been researching about this pen and came across this amazing forum.