Are You Guys Boxers?

wspohn

Like many of you, I have a drawer full of empty pen boxes. When I get a pen in box I pull then pen and put it in my pen portfolios, and store the box.

You'd think that the box would just be clutter I'd never look at again, but I realised just recently when choosing between a pen without box and a pen with box that I LIKE to have the original packaging - it is a bit of history and adds to the 'feel' of the pen for me, even if I rarely look at the box again.

How about you guys - box, or no box, or does it make no difference?

And if you do get a box with a pen, do you store it, putting a note inside as to which pen belongs there, or (horrors) do you toss it in the bin without a second thought?

Bill

(who has a basement room filled with all the stereo boxes he's ever had)

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wspohn

• HDoug

• amh210

• Johnny Appleseed

Top Posters In This Topic

I throw some duplicate boxes out & keep one of each design for "if I sell purposes". As fickle as I am with keeping pens, I doubt I would ever sell all my pens from a particular brand, so I really don't need all the boxes.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I give most of my boxes to my 6 year old nephew. I also have been buying yellow color fountain pens especially for him - I will start giving him the pens when he is about 14-15 years of age. Ohh.. his favourite color is yellow!!!

I give most of my boxes to my 6 year old nephew. I also have been buying yellow color fountain pens especially for him - I will start giving him the pens when he is about 14-15 years of age. Ohh.. his favourite color is yellow!!!

Ah, but by then his favorite color will have changed . . .

I have all the boxes for my modern pens, which is down to only a couple at this point. I think I may even have an extra Pelikan box. I sold most of my modern pens, so the boxes came in hand for that.

Most of my vintage pens do not have boxes. I have been know to buy just the box without the pen, in the case of the brands I collect.

If anyone has a Charles Ingersoll box, please let me know.

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

Most of mine are on a shelf in the workshop.

Not these however -

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/ruaidhri/a-Navy-Pinstripes.jpg

or these -

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/ruaidhri/a-Parkers-Sheaffer.jpg

:D

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

I keep boxes. I love boxes and am a terrible packrat.

OT: My latest find is an Ineeka Tea tin (picture here http://www.spiritedthought.com/category/innovation/ ) --- I'm hoping this will work out for the external pouch for my laptop bag to hold my power adapter and some other odds-n-ends.

And, yes, I keep all of my pen boxes as you might guess from my new avatar.

William

I always keep the manufacturer's boxes, in case I decide to sell the pen at a later date.

Yes, me too.

And then there are some boxes that are just plain nice to keep... ;)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I find myself keeping boxes for ink too -- just in case. I will remove the ink from the boxes though.

Stephen

Current Favorite Inks

Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

Actually, I prefer briefs to boxers. Teen-age son prefers boxers as did his grandad. Wonder if it is just generational rebellion?

Just can't imagine why so many women responded to a post addressed to guys. :unsure:

Andy

(so sorry, I should have resisted)

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

I keep em all, pen boxes, ink boxes, camera boxes, computer boxes, audio boxes. Well actually not all - I don't keep any bike or bike component boxes now that I think about it.

Jim

Jim Couch

Portland, OR

Although I do not hesitate to buy a pen without a box, I keep the boxes I do get. I have my pen boxes boxed in larger boxes, all placed where I can get to them in my garage. In the last five years, I have relocated three times and I dragged those boxes with me every time. I collect pens, not boxes - but sometimes I wonder.

Greetings all,

Will not buy without a box, (unless it is a very unique vintage pen), and not only do I keep the boxes, but I keep the pens in them too! I guess I'm just a maniac. :)

I can prove I'm a maniac too; because not only do I keep the pens in their boxes, but I also keep them stored on end so the pen is always vertical- even the ones that have no ink in them.

Does this prove my insanity or not? :blink:

Regards to all,

Sean

corniche

Edited by corniche

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.