• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheNobleSavage

• I am not a number

• bwnewton

• Bo Bo Olson

At least on my monitor and to my eyes, it reminds me a lot of the Montblanc Turquoise that my brother is partial to.

Bill

At least on my monitor and to my eyes, it reminds me a lot of the Montblanc Turquoise that my brother is partial to.

Bill

Close but The Lamy is much darker compared to the MB but with scanning in stuff, you loose a few shades here and there. I love both of the inks!!

Edited by The Noble Savage

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

• 2 months later...

Hi,

How does it compare to Pelikan. All I know is that Pelikan is Dark turquiose.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

I'm also trying to straighten out all of the turquoises. The lamy, so I've read, is darker than MB, yet lighter than Waterman SS Blue. I wish that we could have a universal side by side sampling archive...any help sorting this out would be great.

Edward T.

"I had not the time to write a short one."

-Blaise Pascal

• 4 years later...

This is the benchmark turquoise colour, IMO, and the bottle is very cool, as well.

@leoniethomas18

I'm also trying to straighten out all of the turquoises. The lamy, so I've read, is darker than MB, yet lighter than Waterman SS Blue. I wish that we could have a universal side by side sampling archive...any help sorting this out would be great.

Edward T.

Yeah....I'm not sure. I just switched from Lamy turq to Waterman in one of my pens, and the Waterman SSB is coming out lighter. BUT, that could well be a function of the Lamy being in the pen longer, and the Waterman being "fresh". I think turquoise is particularly susceptible to colour shifts in the pen as the ink slowly evaporates. Probably even more so in a piston filler with large capacity - it hangs around that much longer.

I've got all three... and a camera. I make no promises, but I'll see if I can find time this weekend with some Q-Tips. :)

My friend has Lamy Turquoise in her M-nib Safari... it is considerably darker than that picture is showing up on my monitor. I'd say that the Lamy Turqoise is very similar to but slightly lighter than Noodler's Navajo Turquoise.

Pens, in order of acquisition: Lamy Vista EF, Duke... something, with a zoom nib of sorts, Parker 45 F, Orange Lamy Safari F, Red Lamy ABC, Sheaffer Viewpoint Calligraphy pen (cheap)

• 1 month later...

recently acquired a Lamy Blue Al-Star with some turquoise cartridges. I'm finding this color to be quite interesting, but also finding it slightly waterproof--spilled a bit of water on the writing and it was still legible after the water dried.

Anyone else experience this, or was I just lucky??

Knoxville TN & Palm Coast FL

recently acquired a Lamy Blue Al-Star with some turquoise cartridges. I'm finding this color to be quite interesting, but also finding it slightly waterproof--spilled a bit of water on the writing and it was still legible after the water dried.

Anyone else experience this, or was I just lucky??

My Lamy blue-black color is also slightly waterproof. After spilling some water it ran slightly, but the writing was still very legible.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pnghttp://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/InkExchange.png

• 4 months later...

Thought that I would update this with another scan (compared with a couple of the other funkier blues).

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/LamyTurquoise.jpg

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

I purchased a bottle of Lamy Turquoise last summer at 50% off retail. It's a true-looking turquoise and well behaved. I don't use turquoise that much but for $3.25 how could I go wrong? My nieces will like using it in their Pelikano Juniors and Preppys! I also use it to mix with Lamy Blue & Lamy Black to create various blues and blue-blacks.

• 4 months later...

Thank you Number.

Being able to read helps.....

What nib and flex were you using? Nib and pen said...flex not....and that matters less than I thought.

No.....what paper were you using? Rhonda paper.

I just tried my OB and OF semi-flex, and medium normal, on my normal papers and no shading like yours.

I tried it on a good notebook some one sent me, and I get shading in OF, OB and in normal medium, get shading.

I had never had any real good paper before, and did not know the ink shaded.

Now I have to go out and buy some good paper before I buy any more ink.....

Very good paper makes such a big difference. Makes a nice colored blaa into nice color interesting.

I am now of to the Paper section....

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 1 year later...

This is a pretty color, with not very much tonal shading but not a typical, in-your-face blue. Love the bottle.

• 3 years later...

I am not smart enough or know enough to write a review of an ink, but I really, really LOVE Lamy Turquoise ink! I have it in my Parker 51 Special and my Mont Blanc 146, and I use both pens on most days. Really love the ink! (and the bottle too) C. S.