How long to ship west coast to east coast?

GOB Bluth

I am waiting for a pen shipped from Los Angeles via USPS First Class Mail. I am in MD. How many days should I expect?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GOB Bluth

• welch

• streeton

• Rev. Nathan

Top Posters In This Topic

It should take about 4 to 5 business days, but could take longer. If you have origination and destination zip codes you can go to USPS.com and calculate the average expected delivery time yourself.

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I've always received first class shipments within four days. (Maybe THAT's where my luck lies - in short shipping times...) I would have preferred to be lucky picking lottery numbers! :D

Sarah

Edited by sfs6205

"I'm not superstitious -- I'm just a little stitious." Michael G. Scott

I've always received first class shipments within four days. (Maybe THAT's where my luck lies - in short shipping times...) I would have preferred to be lucky picking lottery numbers! :D

Sarah

You're in the middle!

To the original post: I would expect a week +/-... depending on how big both of your local post offices are (how close to a major metro area!)

http://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gif

It seems like USPS First Class packages shipped with a computer label through Paypal only take two or three days. Packages with good old fashioned stamps seem to take longer. If the latter, there may be a tracking number so you can see just where your package is. If the former, you might brace yourself for five to seven days and hope it's sooner.

http://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gif

Edited by jbb

http://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gif

It seems like USPS First Class packages shipped with a computer label through Paypal only take two or three days. Packages with good old fashioned stamps seem to take longer. If the latter, there may be a tracking number so you can see just where your package is. If the former, you might brace yourself for five to seven days and hope it's sooner.

http://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gif

It is the former. what i have found with tracking numbers is that it is "sorted" or "in transit" for a long time, then all of a sudden, in the span of 3 hours, it makes several updates and says, "out for delivery". Not much point...

I've had anything from 2-10 days from the ship date, usually 3-5.

Edited by TWRDO

Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

I'm in NH, and every time I have ordered stuff from JetPens (which ships from CA), I have received my stuff in two days. I have no idea how they do it, but it was all First Class mail.

I know that from Boston to Silicon Valley takes around 3 days, but it's generally that smaller mail gets sent faster than larger packets. So essentially just send a lumpy package and it'll be sent faster than if you have your pen better packed. And bubble wrap always works.

Visconti Homo Sapiens; Lamy 2000; Unicomp Endurapro keyboard.

Free your mind -- go write

I am in rural Ohio. That means that USPS has a different set of rules and different delivery times. If I was in Columbus, Cleveland, etc. delivery would be a day or two sooner. I have learned that "signature required" means they stick it in my mail box. First class means they stick it in my mailbox. I have given up even guessing how long something will take to arrive. When it gets here, it is here.

Rick

Normally it should take 4 to 5 days from coast to coast. That is what it has been running for me.

I'm an outsider here and just making a comment about USPS first class to Australia. It takes between 7-10 calendar days and I've never had a problem with the small bubble mailers, they're excellent as long as the pen is well packed inside the mailer. Much prefer USPS first class to Priority mail which usually arrives in a box too big for my mail box and is way too expensive.

Hey, I live pretty far West. While Reno, NV is further West than Los Angeles where I am, I still consider myself pretty far out there. From Florida, UPS ground takes the full 8-10 business days (there is a conspiracy that UPS lets packages sit in warehouses to make you opt up for a more expensive option in the future). However, USPS does a much better job, typically taking 4-5 days for standard ground. The waiting game is indeed an annoying one, I do think USPS delivers their word on delivery dates pretty accurately.

|| Lamy Safari (F) || Parker 51 (M) || J. Herbin Violette Pensee || Rhodia No. 12 ||

I have found NYC to CA is about three days: I ship on a Monday, and the oen arrives on Thursday. Sometimes Friday. NYC to Texas is about two days, and sometimes three. NYC to Toronto is about the same as CA.

No need for Priority Mail.

About as fast as regular FedEX and UPS at one-tenth the cost.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight