All Hail Lady Sheaffer!

terim

I've just picked up a couple of Lady Sheaffers inexpensively off the fleaBay but I see they need cartridges. Does any Sheaffer cartridge work or were there special ones for the Ladies?

thanks!

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terim

• carroll

• kudzu

• gee09

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news, amble63: all the modern, new Sheaffer cartridges work. Which Lady Sheaffers did you get? Can you post photos?

Kudzu

"I am a galley slave to pen and ink." ~Honore de Balzac

Happy Pan Pacific Pen Club Member!

somle pretty pens in here, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I just received an Ebay Lady Sheaffer I in "Tweed", and it arrived with a broken nib!

One tine was snapped off near the tip. So, I made her into a stub, by grinding down both tines, and smoothing them out. She writes very nicely, and I'm not so mad at the Ebay seller who didn't mention the broken nib in their listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180525123438&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

( I haven't decided how to rate them on accuracy or honesty )

post-43384-006113500 1278878281.jpg

Edited by carroll

Good news, amble63: all the modern, new Sheaffer cartridges work. Which Lady Sheaffers did you get? Can you post photos?

red tulle and another I'm not sure about. Will post pictures when work gets a little less crazy!

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

I just received an Ebay Lady Sheaffer I in "Tweed", and it arrived with a broken nib! ...

Congratulations on two great looking pens; and on your creativity in making the broken nib into something you can enjoy.

What's the red ink in the background?

I just received an Ebay Lady Sheaffer I in "Tweed", and it arrived with a broken nib!

One tine was snapped off near the tip. So, I made her into a stub, by grinding down both tines, and smoothing them out. She writes very nicely, and I'm not so mad at the Ebay seller who didn't mention the broken nib in their listing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180525123438&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

( I haven't decided how to rate them on accuracy or honesty )

Great price for the pens tho! Congrats :)

Singapore Fountain Pen Lovers on Facebook

red tulle and another I'm not sure about. Will post pictures when work gets a little less crazy!

So lucky! I've been hunting for the Lady Sheaffer's in black tulle and red tulle for months on Ebay.

I must be bidding too low. ( darn that cheapo engineering gene...)

If you end up with a few tulle to spare, I could trade a spare paisley for one.

I just received an Ebay Lady Sheaffer I in "Tweed", and it arrived with a broken nib! ...

Congratulations on two great looking pens; and on your creativity in making the broken nib into something you can enjoy.

What's the red ink in the background?

I loaded up a spare Sheaffer cartridge with my Red wine ink mix....1/3 P.R. Bungundy Mist, and 2/3 Waterman Red.

Finally won an auction on Ebay for the Lady Sheaffer XI in black and gold tulle.

Here's a photo of all my "Dark Ladies" together, on a rescued Cavellini travel poster calendar page for Scotland. Somehow the ladies and the tower, went together well.

post-43384-026117100 1279471518.jpg

Carroll,

The 3 together make a great grouping. Lovely, one and all. Congratulations on finally getting the Black Tulle.

Kudzu

The Lady Sheaffer III in Black and Gold Corduroy. It's a great writer, too.

There is supposed to be a white and gold corduroy, but I've never seen one on Ebay. I printed out the Lady Sheaffer catalog on Penhero, to keep track of all the beauties I have, and the ones I want!

Edited by carroll

I know there's a 1959 Lady Sheaffer catalog on Pendemonium -- is there one on Penhero too? The one on Pendemonium has been very useful to me, I just wish I could see all the nibs. I recently acquired a large lot of Lady Sheaffer new old stock for resale, and I found three different nibs across the 5 models I got!

Let me know which you are still looking for, and maybe I can help. Can't help with that white/gold corduroy though! I want one of the "Petit Point" ones next.

TERI

• 1 month later...

Lady Sheaffer pens on Ebay - It's like playing "Where's Waldo"!

Just won this auction. Have no idea how I found the listing in the first place, since the seller never mentions the Lady Sheaffer pens. I've been hunting for the red tulle pen for months. The red and gold and the gold and black make the whole lot worthwhile. When it arrives I will have a better idea of what those two are worth. Then, I guess I have a lot of pen rinsing and soaking to do....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360300777574&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

P.S. - Teri, I finally found a white and gold Corduroy Lady Sheaffer on Ebay, and I was too cheap to get her!

P.P.S. - Speerbob re-listed his Lady Sheaffer in white corduroy, with a lower price and I jumped!

Edited by carroll

OK.... Here's the hidden treasures in the Sheaffer school pen grab bag from Ebay.

Worth the $20 I paid for the pile of less lovely pens.

post-43384-009967500 1285440561.jpg

I am not a sheaffer collector, so will happily give a heads up on this Lady listed on ebay UK:

I think this is what has been discussed as being 'wanted' on here

• 5 months later...

Hi, Teri. I met you at the LA Pen Show - you joined us for lunch, too. Regarding the Fashion pen: It's more on the ok side compared to the Lady Sheaffers. I much prefer the feel of the inlaid or stylepoint nibs when writing. I WILL buy more of the Lady Sheaffers, I'm not interested in buying more of the Fashion pens. Hope that feedback helps a bit in your thought process.

Kudzu

• 4 weeks later...

A friend, Alan Brookings, from the Pan Pacific Pen Club recently gave me this Lady Sheaffer brochure. I know I've seen another version of it somewhere, but there was some damage to the other brochure. This one is pristine. Alan's dad used to own a pen shop. I hope it is helpful to all you Lady Sheaffer fans. I also have it posted on my kudzu99 Flickr account with tags "Lady Sheaffer" and "Sheaffer" should you want to access it that way.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5571760861_0d8634b694.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5310/5571762423_45735b5144.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5224/5571763817_a684ab6a35.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5187/5571764393_87f987690c.jpg http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5270/5571765603_189ba02983.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5101/5571768045_7945a264d5.jpg

Kudzu