Das verschollene Grün

Michael R.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Noodlers/DasVerscholleneGrn.jpg

great label; crazy guys in an old car are hunting for the lost green...

Das verschollene Grün is a Noodler's Exclusive for the Germam Retailer Rolf Thiel from Missing Pen.

I was able to pick up a bottle of each version 1-3 from the very first batch which just arrived the day before the Cologne Pen Show last weekend.

Das verschollene Grün is a nice, dark green ink with olive green hues but it is not overly saturated as many other dark green inks or other Noodler's inks.

From the first try outs it looks like it is a nice substitute for the discontinued Montblanc Racing Green or limited edition Sailor Tokiwa Mastu (even it is closer to the Montblanc).

Here are the first scans of Das verschollene Grün 1-3 and Montblanc Racing Green:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Noodlers/DasVerscholleneGrn1.jpg

Das verschollene Grün 1

Das verschollene Grün 1 is the most intense and darkest of the three version but matches the Racing Green pretty well. It is slightly darker and shows less shading than the Montblanc ink.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Noodlers/DasVerscholleneGrn2.jpg

Das verschollene Grün 2

Das verschollene Grün 2 is less intense and shows more grey tones compared to the Montblanc ink. Also it shows slightly more shading compared to Racing Green.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Noodlers/DasVerscholleneGrn3.jpg

Das verschollene Grün 3

Das verschollene Grün 3 is the closest match of Racing Green in terms of intensity and shading. It just shows slightly less olive green tones.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Noodlers/MontblancRacingGreen.jpg

Montblanc Racing Green

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Noodlers/DasVerscholleneGrnComparison.jpg

The written samples of all three inks are all pretty close with only minor differences in color, intensity and ability of shading. Those of course might vary depending on the nib width and ink flow of the individual pen (all of the above writing samples have been written with 4 different modern Montblanc "broad" nibs).

From the so far limited experiences all tree versions of Das verschollene Grün behave well (ink flow and drying time are good).

Cheers

Michael

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• lapis

• modifier

• Morbus Curiositas

As usual I like the ink, however I love the label more. I wonder if we can pick of this up in the states.

Thanks for the review.

Thank you so very very much for this review of three interesting inks! When I begun to read I immediately thought about the MB racing green and wondered about how they compare and you had - of course - already thought about that! Very clever labelling and naming. A missing green for the missing pen!

Edited by dandelion

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

I was never a particular fan of MBRG, but I must say I love the name and its slick double meaning here.

thanks for the reviews. I do like it. But I think I'd buy it just for the bottle...

Does this sort of thing tend to make it into more regular production for the masses?

Hello,

I am not really getting it; are these, or some of these, colours available, or just some kind of prototypes? If available, can they be ordered online?

You describe them as "less saturated" than regular Noodler's inks; I take this to mean they are faster drying, but less intense perhaps?

Regards!

“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”

General George S. Patton

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

I am not really getting it; are these, or some of these, colours available, or just some kind of prototypes? If available, can they be ordered online?

Rolf had some available at the Cologne Pen Show; you could check with him if he has any left:

missing-pen@t-online.de

As far as I understood Nathan made three different pre-mixtures so Rolf could test the market for this kind of ink; I assume that the color which prooves to be the most popular will make it into production.

You describe them as "less saturated" than regular Noodler's inks; I take this to mean they are faster drying, but less intense perhaps?

Yes, that is my initial impression.

Cheers

Michael

Thanks for this comparison and what a wonderful name.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

What a great idea. Since MB was so hasty to withdraw the BRG from the market that a lot of us that liked that particular ink were left emply handed, there has to be a market still.

Colorwise, the no1 and no3 do come close. If I was to vote, I would vote for no 3.

BTW great name and great label. And what an eye for detail on the label. Did you notice the car is RHD (right hand drive), ain't that very British.... Maybe the name should be made English too. Something like the lost green or the regained green

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Many thanks for all of your nice comments.

...Did you notice the car is RHD (right hand drive), ain't that very British....

:roflmho: ...back when cars looked like that one right hand or left hand drive did not indicate the country of use. I have seen many differen EU cars that were RHD even they haven't been producted in or for the UK.

Maybe the name should be made English too. Something like the lost green or the regained green.

Since this is a German Exclusive for Rolf Thiel from missing-pen I persuaded him to have it named in German :thumbup: I really like the exotic flair of other Noodler's Exclusive inks which are named in the same language as intended distribution (UK, Russian,...).

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

That is a good comparison, with the #1 being the closest to MB-RG. I guess I'm glad I stocked up on MBRG before they cancelled it.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

• 1 month later...

Also, Rolf if you see this post...is the #3 version the only one you are carrying, or do you have all three choices?

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the superb work! :thumbup:

Montblanc is creating a legend with that ink.One feels really lucky to have that ink.

The new Irish Green is too different to replace RG. To me, a green between that two would be ideal for me. For instance, the color I really think when I read Racing Green would be a great color. For the famous ink, the name "Olive green" would be more appropriated :P

http://www.speedace.info/automotive_directory/jaguar/jaguar_images/jaguar_e_type_racing_green_white_wall_tyres.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Clever label x2 - notice the steering wheel is on the right - guess that makes the car "British"

I'd love a collection of posters of Noodler's labels.

I wish I'd had some of the original racing green while it was in production. Only bottle of Montblanc I have in my possession right now I wouldn't even get near without protective gear - it says "W. Germany" and is about 50% sediment ... or something ... :)

Thank you so very very much for this review of three interesting inks! When I begun to read I immediately thought about the MB racing green and wondered about how they compare and you had - of course - already thought about that! Very clever labelling and naming. A missing green for the missing pen!

Hello,

I´m Rolf from www.missing-pen.de in Germany and I´m the inventor of DVG.

I´m very happy about so many reactions over my new ink and the label…;)

What do you think, what should the 3 colors I can produce? Or all three?

That would be a novelty by Noodler's.

I sold No 1 & 3 at best.

And I´m think about an edition 4 in bulletproof.

What do the customers ?

BTW: And many thanks to Michael R., because his support of the color and the label!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rolf,

Great to see you post here.

So how is the DVG selling?

I'm curious to hear if people will also like a bulletproof version of that ink.

In case DVG IV becomes available let me know.

Cheers

Michael

Rolf,

I love the look of #3, but whatever is closest to the original MB British Racing Green will be my favorite.

A bulletproof version would be a special surprise, but would need to have the same qualities and appear the same as the original, just bulletproof. If it can be done, I would be excited to see it.

Best,

Jared

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread but did DVG ever make it past this limited stage? I'm trying to find a bottle of 1 or 3 possible.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by modifier

Eine Deutsche Name a German name....

How nice for a (Dutch) inhabitant of Austria...

Will take a look at tthe website mentioned

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)