Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Cross Penatia won't open

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swright007

swright007

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:02

My Cross Penatia seems new, however, I can't figure out how to open it to install a cartridge (3 blue came with pen). I believe it opens down by the NIB but it is stuck. I could be wrong. It might open up at the top of the pen. No instructions and I couldn't locate any info on the net. If anyone has seen this pen before and could advise as to how and where, on the pen, to open it safely, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thank you in advance!

Scott

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 swright007

swright007

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:43

Never Mind... I got her open. Cleaned it up with warm water and just a drop of dish soap. MAN a lotta ink came out of it. I noticed that they apparently sent the wrong ink cartridge because the pen refused to close around it. I bumped into a blog by someone that has the same pen and they recommended an international cartridge or a Waterman international converter. That is my next mission. Might pick me up some dipping ink till my converter and cartridge comes in that way I can at least use the pen. I folded up a paper towel and stood my NIB up on it and let the paper towel drain the excess water out of the NIB. Thank you

Scott