The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Cross Penatia won't open

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swright007

swright007

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 03:02

My Cross Penatia seems new, however, I can't figure out how to open it to install a cartridge (3 blue came with pen). I believe it opens down by the NIB but it is stuck. I could be wrong. It might open up at the top of the pen. No instructions and I couldn't locate any info on the net. If anyone has seen this pen before and could advise as to how and where, on the pen, to open it safely, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thank you in advance!

Scott

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 swright007

swright007

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:43

Never Mind... I got her open. Cleaned it up with warm water and just a drop of dish soap. MAN a lotta ink came out of it. I noticed that they apparently sent the wrong ink cartridge because the pen refused to close around it. I bumped into a blog by someone that has the same pen and they recommended an international cartridge or a Waterman international converter. That is my next mission. Might pick me up some dipping ink till my converter and cartridge comes in that way I can at least use the pen. I folded up a paper towel and stood my NIB up on it and let the paper towel drain the excess water out of the NIB. Thank you

Scott

Sponsored Content

|