Classifieds & Market Watch rules

Admin

I'm golden!!!

I'm a little hot potato right meow

"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"

I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• penspouse

• Chris Chalmers

• egretsrus

You have to count 24 hours from the last messsage posted, not from the starter post.

Any new messages are considered bumps, too.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Edited by wimg

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

:thumbup:

I've also noticed many sellers last night with more than 3 threads at a time. Should I just continue reporting via the Report function?

I wouldn't get too gung ho on reporting sellers until you're a bit more familiar with the system and who actually is a regular seller and who is not. I have had more than three sales post up at once myself. Sometimes one or more is a re-posting of a previous sales post that I could not edit because it was over 24 hours old. The FPN administrators are pretty good about monitoring the sales boards and will independently edit and or remove multiple posts at their own discretion with a pm or message to the seller involved.

There is not too much fraud going on here because most of us regular sellers and buyers have been around a long time and a new seller or one who is questionable will have reply posts asking for clarification of his or her sales post and it will stick out like a sore thumb.

Other than that, welcome to the world of fountain pens and I am glad you enjoy writing with them. ;)

:clap1:

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

• 2 weeks later...

Silver members cannot sell?

That's basically correct yes. :)

"If we faked going to the Moon, why did we fake it nine times?" -- Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4447835438_d7314170bf_o.png

How can I edit my topic to update for price changes? Is it more effective to delete the topic and start a new one? If so, how do I delete? Thanks.

How can I edit my topic to update for price changes? Is it more effective to delete the topic and start a new one? If so, how do I delete? Thanks.

You can't edit after 24 hours or delete. Just make your "bump" post one where you update prices.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

You can't edit after 24 hours or delete. Just make your "bump" post one where you update prices.

The problem with that is that I have the feeling many people don't look at your whole thread any more once they have seen it once or twice. That way they miss the price updates at the bottom...

Help? Why am I buying so many fountain pens?

The problem with that is that I have the feeling many people don't look at your whole thread any more once they have seen it once or twice. That way they miss the price updates at the bottom...

On longer threads, I find I start at the bottom and work my way up to get the latest first. If someone is really interested in a pen (particularly if it is listed in the title of your post), they will come back.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

so embarrassing...what does "bump" mean and how do you add a bump message? anonymous :ninja:

My life is full of mistakes. They're like pebbles that make a good road.

Beatrice Wood

'bump' means to put the post to the top of the page - every new post sits at the top of page one for a nano-second before another bumps it down one! They can quickly end up on page #3....#31....get the idea now? If you are selling something, or posting about something you want everyone to see you 'bump' it - but sales can now only be bumped once a day - to keep it fair for everyone.

You can open a message and just type 'zzzzzzzzzzz' and it will bump it - but most people write a short comment.

Now this will bump this discussion. :thumbup:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Thanks, Chris! bump :-)

My life is full of mistakes. They're like pebbles that make a good road.

Beatrice Wood

You are very welcome - glad I could help! (((bump)))

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

• 5 months later...

Hello.

I would appreciate your assistance, please.

I cannot edit a Post I made in the Classifieds section - it has been 24 hours since I added the Topic, but the "Edit" button does not appear when I load the Topic. (?)

Also, I "bumped" the Topic, but I still cannot edit the item;

- so now, it appears that I have bumped a "sold" item to the top of the Thread, when actually, the sale was canceled and the Pen is now available for sale.

And: The "Help" functions are not working at this time, so I cannot read any of the Help files for assistance.

Please contact me with your suggestions.

Thank you.

Regards,

David.

• 2 months later...

Why can't I post something in Market Watch, the "start new topic" is unlit/grayed out as many others are in Classifieds. Thanks.

Edited by deenurse