Classifieds & Market Watch rules

Admin

Dearest Members of our little Fountain Pen Nuthouse on the Digital Prairie,

On January, 23 this year, a new set of rules was announced, effective immediately, in order to make selling and buying in the Classifieds section as safe as possible within the scope of these forums (scope being - fountain - pen talk first, everything else second).

We implemented a 30 days, 30 posts rule at the time, and today the final steps were made in order to automate this process too. You will find that there are 3 groups of members now. For the time being they are named:

Bronze Members (new members registered for less than 30 days)

Silver members (new members registered for 30 days or more but with less than 30 posts in the forums)

and Gold Members (those with more than 30 posts and 30 days presence here in the forums)

For fairness' sake, all those who registered up to and including January 23, 2010 have been moved to the Gold Members Group.

Furthermore, for those of you who do frequent the Classifieds forums, you may have noticed that there is a new button available, the "Bump this topic" button, which becomes available to the person who started the topic exactly 24 hours after the last message posted in the topic, IOW, exactly when the time period for no bumps allowed has expired. This button avoids having to add a post every time a topic requires bumping.

So far, so good.

We hope you will continue to enjoy our little nuthouse here.

Warm regards,

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• penspouse

• Chris Chalmers

• egretsrus

:thumbup:

I've also noticed many sellers last night with more than ~3 threads at a time. Should I just continue reporting via the Report function?

Edited by Carlin

thumbup.gif

I've also noticed many sellers last night with more than ~3 threads at a time. Should I just continue reporting via the Report function?

Thank you, on behalf of the FPN Admin Team!

With regard to your question: more than 3 threads at a time is allowed, as long as no more than 3 threads a day are started. In the latter case, more than 3 threads started per day (check the topic starter post in topic view for this), yes, do report.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Just a clarification (so I don't bug you guys by reporting things that are ok)...

Do I still report folks who are selling with less than 30 posts? (e.g., someone who has single digit posts but is a gold member because they joined before January?)

Thanks a bunch for all you do, guys!

:thumbup:

Kushbaby

I like eating peanuts with chopsticks...

Just a clarification (so I don't bug you guys by reporting things that are ok)...

Do I still report folks who are selling with less than 30 posts? (e.g., someone who has single digit posts but is a gold member because they joined before January?)

Thanks a bunch for all you do, guys!

thumbup.gif

No, no need to report anybody anymore from that POV now. They were the lucky ones, although we will ask them to try and restrict their for sales posts until 30 posts has been reached.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thank you for all your hard work!

-gross

Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

I attempted to report a FS post yesterday, for contravening the rules re adding a 'premium' for paypal use ..... I got a pink line saying that I was not permitted to report this post.

So, just to test, I tried another FS post...got the same response.

No big deal, but .....???

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

I attempted to report a FS post yesterday, for contravening the rules re adding a 'premium' for paypal use ..... I got a pink line saying that I was not permitted to report this post.

So, just to test, I tried another FS post...got the same response.

No big deal, but .....???

This permission error is not related to the specific action you tried to do. I had some similar errors yesterday, after the update to the member groups. The error only went away after I cleared cache, history, cookies, etc. Check the members Helping Members Forum, the FAQ pinned topic. There is a link in there on how to clear one's cache.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I no longer have a bump button on a sale posting, and it has been over 24 hours since the last bump, and the original posting is less than a week old.

Ok, it looks like the report post settings are not automatically copied to new groups. I reset them manualy, and it should work now.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I no longer have a bump button on a sale posting, and it has been over 24 hours since the last bump, and the original posting is less than a week old.

Similar to the report post problem. Is fixed now.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Well, despite the preparation time, we managed to miss those, which is a pity. Thank you nonetheless!

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

What if in certain unforeseen but highly improbable but very much possible circumstances one is adverse to gold, is one able to seek an alternative group (e.g. platinum/rhodium)?

Virtute enim ipsa non tam multi praediti esse quam videri volunt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Contact Information for Japanese Manufacturers

Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering what I had to do with Austin Powers...

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295178/)

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering what I had to do with Austin Powers...

(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295178/)

Well, there actually is the slight difference in spelling; 1 space extra :D.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

What if in certain unforeseen but highly improbable but very much possible circumstances one is adverse to gold, is one able to seek an alternative group (e.g. platinum/rhodium)?

yes, well, we've been thinking about this, but no more than that :D.

Warm regards, Wim ;)

the Mad Dutchman

Thank you all for you rthanks and contributions.

I moved two sets of posts to different topics:

http://www.fountainp...button-trouble/

to Members Helping Members, and this:

http://www.fountainp...-promotion-bug/

to Community Feedback.

This in order to keep better track of these two subjects for fixing purposes.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman