Montblanc Oyster Grey

Michael R.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBOysterGreyBottle.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBOyterGreyI.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBOyterGreyII.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/Grey.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBOysterGreyBottleII.jpg

Enjoy

Michael

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael R.

• Blade Runner

• Ed44

• ruud2904

Beautiful color grey--I like the new bottle now--it took a while. Is this ink for sale in MB boutiques available now?

www.stevelightart.com

looks interesting thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Beautiful color grey--I like the new bottle now--it took a while. Is this ink for sale in MB boutiques available now?

Oyster Grey and Toffee Brown seems to be available in the German Montblanc boutiques.

I got my bottel of the new grey still before the new year in the last week of december in the Hannover MB boutique; Toffee Brown was sold out already but they expected new shipments for Jan.

Cheers

Michael

Thank you Michael,

It looks darker in person than on my monitor, and I really like this dark grey! Best of all, I think it could be used in the work place, because it is a conservative, beautiful dark grey, and it will much more fun to use than a boring standard black. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edited by Blade Runner

Thanks for a great review - I particularly like the comparison between different greys. That is very usable.

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Thank you Michael,

It looks darker in person than on my monitor, and I really like this dark grey! Best of all, I think it could be used in the work place, because it is a conservative, beautiful dark grey, and it will much more fun to use than a boring standard black. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Yes, the shading looks a little bit faint on the scans; it is a darker grey when using pens with a wet ink flow:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBOysterGreydetail.jpg

Thank you Michael.

What shades of green is MB coming out with?

Matt

All I know about a new green I know from the Irish Green discussion here at FPN... :hmm1:

The MB booklet which comes with the ink does not list a green ink:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Inks/MBINK.jpg

Anything akin to British Racing green?

Please ask this question again in a couple of weeks :ninja: ... it is too early to spread rumors already.

Cheers

Michael

Wow, you got this ink already!

And you have more gray inks than I thought was possible!

The Oyster Gray ink is a beautiful colour. It might have a bit too much shading for my taste, at least based on your handwriting sample. I guess the only way to know for sure is to buy some myself. Wonder if it's already available in Boston.

Wow, the comparison of other grey inks is very helpful!

I'm having a little trouble reading your handwriting, though - would you mind "translating" it into type?

:embarrassed_smile:

:o

At the end of 2009 Montblanc introduced the first new ink colors of a new line of inks to the public.

In some countires few bottles of the new green ink (Irish Green) were sold while German boutiques offered few bottles of the new colors Oyster Grey and Toffee Brown.

Besides changes of the color selection the ink bottles show a new design. The new bottels hold 60ml of the ink which is 10ml more compared to the previous design.

This is a writing sample of the new Oyster Grey ink (written with a MB 146 medium nib). Montblanc Oyster Grey is a darker mediun grey ink. Even it is a fairly neutral grey it shows some warm tones.

It shows slightly less magenta tones compared to Sailor Grey and appears to be a more true grey compared to Noodler's Lexington Grey.

Since MB Oyster Grey is a darker grey ink it looks almost like a faded black ink in some pens (written with a MB 146 broad nib). Also some pens are able to produce some shading.

Drying time is good but some Montblanc inks appears to be more free flowing (compared to the Oyster Grey).

Cheers

Michael

Hello everyone. It looks very good sign not to include the new green (Irish Green) in the booklet that accompanies the new ink.

Moreover, several colleagues have identified as their Montblanc boutiques have confirmed the disappearance of the old Green (Racing Green).

Droopydog500 mate have a sample of Irish Green with pictures posted of that color, and in comparison with other green Montblanc, even in the first published photos of the new ink where I think you could clearly read the word Irish Green on its surface, " someone else remembers this detail?.

See if Droopydog500 are going through this thread and tells us something about the subject, because I do not think Montblanc offers a color chart does not include any green, it could lose many customers.

Thanks for any information that you may add in this respect and greetings

Nice color! I have an unused bottle of Quink V-mail black(which has greyed slightly into

a charcoal color)and this looks like a slightly darker version of the same.

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.

Thanks for this. Grey is not a colour I would normally consider, but I really like this one. Waiting to hear when these new inks are available here in the UK! Can't wait!

My five rules for living:

1. Free your heart from hatred, 2. Free your mind from worries, 3. Live simply, 4. Give more, 5. Expect less

My pens: MB Greta Garbo; MB 149; MB Mozart; Lamy Safari; Lamy Al-Star; Lamy Joy

My work: Bid Writing, Copywriting and more!

...And you have more gray inks than I thought was possible!

A few are even missing:

- Sheaffer Skrip Grey

- Waltraud Bethge Classic Colours Flannel Grey

- Waltraud Bethge Cool Colours No.16 (Flannel Grey)

- Herbin Gris Nuage

- Pelikan Silver Grey or

- Noodler's Eternal Russian Pushkin

...and I'm sure Callifolio, Abraxas and Cocktail have grey inks as well (also Jansen/Atramentis already has more grey inks to offer).

Michael

Is there really that much shading / variation in how much ink has been put down onto paper? Or was that pen skipping? I'm finding that very difficult to read, maybe it's just the scan because your later picture of the bottle and pen sitting on the written page is much easier to read. Don't think it'll be replacing my Diamine Grey.

Waiting to hear when these new inks are available here in the UK! Can't wait!

You might want to check with an UK MB boutique; I was surprised to see the two new inks in the Hannover boutique at the end of last year already.

The boutiques get few bottles of the new inks long time before they will be avilable in regular stationary stores.

Michael

Is there really that much shading / variation in how much ink has been put down onto paper?

There is shading but it not as strong in real life as shown on the scans. My scanner has minor problems scanning lighter shades of color (the pen was not skipping).

The "M" nib 146 has an average ink flow while the ink flow of the "B" nib 146 is slightly wetter.

Michael

Thanks for sharing, nice review, very interesting colour.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.