• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• Sailor Kenshin

• pen2paper

• MYU

Does there seem to be any correlation between those accounts whose PMs got scrambled in the upgrade and those accounts now having trouble with this involuntary log out problem?

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

"'any suggestions?"

wish I had.. I know firefox is nifty, but it was problematic on my dead laptop, so when my DT was repaired after a lightening strike, I opted to stay with IE8.. it's been, to my surprise, very reliable.

hope a solution for your issue turns up soon.

Thanks again for your input....

To clarify, most of the time when I'm having these issues are either on my

MacBook OSX SL using Safari for web browser or

on my lil' Hackintosh Dell Mini 9 running OSX Leopard using Firefox for web browser..

As I recall, I also had same issue on my MacBook when running Firefox instead of Safari, but to make sure, I'm going to use Firefox on it for awhile now and see if I still have same problems......

IE is no longer a viable option on a Mac....as the last version of IE for Mac is very old now...

Regarding PM issue in previous post, I notice that there's a Red 'X' to the left of the Conversation that I cannot reply to now. My other conversations do not have this Red 'X" to the left just a gray square...

Why is this Red X there and how can it be undone????

Thanks!

The red X means the other person has deleted this conversation, thus you can't respond to that particular one, but you could start another one.

Thanks for the input on this...

However, just seems strange that the person who just sent me a very positive PM message would delete the conversation....

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

"'any suggestions?"

wish I had.. I know firefox is nifty, but it was problematic on my dead laptop, so when my DT was repaired after a lightening strike, I opted to stay with IE8.. it's been, to my surprise, very reliable.

on my lil' Hackintosh Dell Mini 9 running OSX Leopard using Firefox for web browser..

As I recall, I also had same issue on my MacBook when running Firefox instead of Safari, but to make sure, I'm going to use Firefox on it for awhile now and see if I still have same problems......

IE is no longer a viable option on a Mac....as the last version of IE for Mac is very old now...

Regarding PM issue in previous post, I notice that there's a Red 'X' to the left of the Conversation that I cannot reply to now. My other conversations do not have this Red 'X" to the left just a gray square...

Thanks!

The red X means the other person has deleted this conversation, thus you can't respond to that particular one, but you could start another one.

However, just seems strange that the person who just sent me a very positive PM message would delete the conversation....

Yesterday, saw someone attempting to contact someone regarding a sale..he replied In The Sale thread, because her Message Box replied as Full.. I'm adding this as a Clue.. not sure how someone would have completely filled their message box since they were All just 100% emptied 1 month ago.. but suppose that is possible, and: Archie Your poster may have needed to delete mesaages in order to receive new ones..???

So either that may be the reason.. OR, it's another piece of the current issues puzzle????

I also don't like the fact that you can't delete individual replies to save space, but you MUST delete the whole 'conversation.'

Some people might do it by accident.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

"'any suggestions?"

Thanks!

Yesterday, saw someone attempting to contact someone regarding a sale..he replied In The Sale thread, because her Message Box replied as Full.. I'm adding this as a Clue.. not sure how someone would have completely filled their message box since they were All just 100% emptied 1 month ago.. but suppose that is possible, and: Archie Your poster may have needed to delete mesaages in order to receive new ones..???

So either that may be the reason.. OR, it's another piece of the current issues puzzle????

Interesting idea, pen2paper......

FWIW, still testing FPN forum using Firefox in OSX SL on my MacBook...so far, seems better than on Safari....

A new issue-- I changed my Avatar for Christmas, and now I seem utterly unable to change it again. I can remove it entirely, but any attempt to load up a new one sees Rondo Claus back in the pane. Hooray for software updates, eh?

edit

go back and read about it, think you hopld shift key down while reloading page to force refresh

That's got it. One never blames the mods, one blames the software author.

Edited by Ernst Bitterman

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

A new issue-- I changed my Avatar for Christmas, and now I seem utterly unable to change it again. I can remove it entirely, but any attempt to load up a new one sees Rondo Claus back in the pane. Hooray for software updates, eh?

Think that one can be handled, Ernst.....go back and read about it, think you hopld shift key down while reloading page to force refresh

and just think what problems we'd have if they hadn't upgraded to new improved software.... ;)

One never blames the mods, one blames the software author.

Absolutely right. There's no excuse for taking back popular features, removing customization options, and other lazy programming.

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

edit

go back and read about it, think you hopld shift key down while reloading page to force refresh

That's got it. One never blames the mods, one blames the software author.

If I read the IPB bug tracker correctly, this should be fixed in the next version, 3.1.

I'd like to also point to my suggested solution for the cookie problem. If a few people could test my hypothesis and see if I'm right, the admins should be able to fix the random log-out problem.

I'm celebrating the fact that I've actually got to a page on which to post this, as I can hardly get in at all at the moment - all I get is this over and over again:-

www.fountainpennetwork.com Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Is it just me?

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

I'm celebrating the fact that I've actually got to a page on which to post this, as I can hardly get in at all at the moment - all I get is this over and over again:-

(...)

Is it just me?

Me too all day.

/Tojusi

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

Is it just me?

Me three, getting a lot of this, I've lost count the number of times I've tried to post this.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Me four. It had only happened once a few days ago, but 5 or six time yesterday. This is my first time to the forum today and my FPN bookmark sent me to the error message. I refreshed the page and was OK.

ETA: When I hit the post button I was sent back to the error message.

Edited by penspouse

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

Is it just me?

- Yep, me too.

Is it just me?

- Yep, me too.

This is beginning to look like a serious problem people.....

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

Getting tons of database errors now. (Driver Error)

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg