Latest Software Update

Admin

Another data point for this one:

Also, when I clicked 'Add Reply' button to post this message, I got error message, not the first time:

[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again.

So, went back to try and repost this....again, this was not a problem before.....and I am logged in!!!!

...and a note of sympathy for the moderators, who clearly didn't wish for this sort of thing to be happening.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArchiMark

• Sailor Kenshin

• pen2paper

• MYU

Amen to that---I've been a mod but never an admin, can hardly imagine what that's like.

Did there used to be a Subscribed Threads button?

I can't find one now and the find posts/topics feature is redundant and ineffecient---it lists not just the first post in the thread/topic but every single one.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

[

I deleted cookies, but still get logged out after a short time. This is just a report, not a complaint.

Me neither....still have to keep logging all the time..have tried deleting cookies several times now....

Again, this was not a problem before latest software update......

Also, when I clicked 'Add Reply' button to post this message, I got error message, not the first time:

[#20310] Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again.

So, went back to try and repost this....again, this was not a problem before.....and I am logged in!!!!!

:wacko:

Still having these 2 problems.....

Thanks.

FP Addict & Pretty Nice Guy

Got another issue now...besides 2 issues I describe above in post #31, now, when I tried changing my profile photo, after I select new photo and click button 'Save Changes", the screen refreshed but instead of seeing the profile page again, I just see a blank screen!

Have tried this now on 2 different computers and get same blank screen...and now I have no photo displayed.....

:(

There are two problems that I have now:

-the above problem;

- I'm getting logged out more that I want to; as someone metioned above, after logging in I only see few new posts...

Good luck to the admins in fixing these problems!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png fpn_1315221373__inkdroplogofpn.jpg

ArchiMark, I checked your profile and I see an image. It's a larger version of your avatar.

Also, regarding the logging in, what browser and version are you using? We've had plenty of people successfully able to use IE and the latest Firefox versions...

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

ArchiMark, I checked your profile and I see an image. It's a larger version of your avatar.

The problem I had changing avators and photos was fixed a while back per suggestion I received regarding force refresh of browser by holding down Shift key and clicking refresh of web page.

Also, regarding the logging in, what browser and version are you using? We've had plenty of people successfully able to use IE and the latest Firefox versions...

At home I'm mostly using Safari v4.04 on my MacBook, running OSX v10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).....occasionally, I use Firefox too. Still having this issue.

Also, still have issue regarding not seeing all new content and sometimes not being able to post a reply, get that error message described above regarding secure key not matching....

During weekday, I use my lil' Hackintosh and mostly use Firefox on it, but have same issues lately regarding logging in repeatedly...

:blink:

I am finding myself logged out frequently, and after I sign in again, =1"]View New Content shows me only a couple of posts.

Me too :(

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

I am finding myself logged out frequently, and after I sign in again, =1"]View New Content shows me only a couple of posts.

Try changing your settings (Search Settings under General Settings) to Show me all content that I have not read. See if that helps.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

Try changing your settings (Search Settings under General Settings) to Show me all content that I have not read. See if that helps.

Thank you!

http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y331/fuchsiaprincess/Fuchsiaprincess_0001.jpg http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/036/2/2/Narnia_Flag_by_Narnia14.gif

I am finding the random logging out quite vexing-- it usually happens when I reply using the full editor, but can also occur when returning to a forum after reading a thread.

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

I am finding the random logging out quite vexing-- it usually happens when I reply using the full editor, but can also occur when returning to a forum after reading a thread.

You're in good company, Ernst....it's been driving me nutz.....since the latest software update....

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the constant having to re-login all the time???

...it's really getting old and frustrating having to do this all the time for FPN forums....

:crybaby:

techless wonder here..

this has not happened to me-ever-at FPN...

so what browser/setting/program etc do I have/have not, that you do/don't?

Thanks for your input...

The weird thing about this problem is that I never had this problem here at FPN forum before the last software upgrade. This problem started immediately after the software upgrade...

I use several laptops that I use at home or take with me during the day, etc.

I use several OS's and browsers; Mac OSX SL with Safari, Mac OSX L with Firefox, Ubuntu 9.04 with Firefox.

I did not change anything on my end from what I was using before the software upgrade....

So, I think the question is what did the latest software upgrade change that can affect at least some of us (see other's posts with this same problem...) and what can the software developers do about it?

I have tried the few suggestions made, such as using the delete cookies button at the bottom of the FPN forum page and then logging in again....nothing has helped at all....

PS. Now, when I clicked the 'Add Reply' button, again I got an error message about my secure key not matching....please go back and reload form.......this is driving me NUTZ!!!!!

:bonk:

Well, got another problem now...just got an email notification about a reply to personal conversation...

Got to my messages, but notice that the Reply button is grayed out, so, now I can't reply to person that sent me message......

Any suggestions?????????????

Thanks!

:bonk:

"'any suggestions?"

wish I had.. I know firefox is nifty, but it was problematic on my dead laptop, so when my DT was repaired after a lightening strike, I opted to stay with IE8.. it's been, to my surprise, very reliable.

hope a solution for your issue turns up soon.

"'any suggestions?"

wish I had.. I know firefox is nifty, but it was problematic on my dead laptop, so when my DT was repaired after a lightening strike, I opted to stay with IE8.. it's been, to my surprise, very reliable.

Thanks again for your input....

To clarify, most of the time when I'm having these issues are either on my

MacBook OSX SL using Safari for web browser or

on my lil' Hackintosh Dell Mini 9 running OSX Leopard using Firefox for web browser..

As I recall, I also had same issue on my MacBook when running Firefox instead of Safari, but to make sure, I'm going to use Firefox on it for awhile now and see if I still have same problems......

IE is no longer a viable option on a Mac....as the last version of IE for Mac is very old now...

Regarding PM issue in previous post, I notice that there's a Red 'X' to the left of the Conversation that I cannot reply to now. My other conversations do not have this Red 'X" to the left just a gray square...

Why is this Red X there and how can it be undone????

Thanks!

Edited by ArchiMark

I've had the problem with greatest regularity when using Mac/Safari. Using Windows and Firefox it is very rarely an issue.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

"'any suggestions?"

Thanks again for your input....

To clarify, most of the time when I'm having these issues are either on my

MacBook OSX SL using Safari for web browser or

on my lil' Hackintosh Dell Mini 9 running OSX Leopard using Firefox for web browser..

As I recall, I also had same issue on my MacBook when running Firefox instead of Safari, but to make sure, I'm going to use Firefox on it for awhile now and see if I still have same problems......

IE is no longer a viable option on a Mac....as the last version of IE for Mac is very old now...

Regarding PM issue in previous post, I notice that there's a Red 'X' to the left of the Conversation that I cannot reply to now. My other conversations do not have this Red 'X" to the left just a gray square...

Why is this Red X there and how can it be undone????

Thanks!

The red X means the other person has deleted this conversation, thus you can't respond to that particular one, but you could start another one.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.