what MB pen is your dream pen ?

goodguy

If you are talking truly a dream pen I have to say the Black Widow 88. As an alternative I think the Skeleton 333(with accompanying watch).

Sanj

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FredRydr

• Diamondback

• sumgaikid

• Blade Runner

One of those old lapis lazuli pens. I had one in my hands on Friday at Ohio. With a nice nib, of course.

Fred

Yer gonna have to define nice. I think TH, G33K and I are the only ones who really know...

One of those old lapis lazuli pens. I had one in my hands on Friday at Ohio. With a nice nib, of course.

Fred

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

A skeleton 333 for a real pen tht actually exists.

A dream pen would be an all silver/platinum plated 149.

Even a black 149 with Platinum trim would be a dream pen (with MOP star of course) - I have actually seen one of these but the maker refuses to make another for legal reasons.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

Yer gonna have to define nice.

Well, it's like this. For flex, EF very flexible is the way to go, and the only way to get it is with vintage. However, with broad italic writing, vintage or modern will do, since the temper of the nib has less to do with broad writing. Therefore, if I am going to get one of these old blue beauties, it should have an EF nib with plenty of real flex!

Fred

What if you were able to get it? Does that count?

Regardless, these are them for me...

I dont have them all, but I never thought I would get any of them...

In no order

Agatha

Proust

Carnegie

Morgan

Medici

Skeleton 333

Octavian

Black Widow

149 with Platinum/Silver trim

Platinum Nikolai

Chatterley Luxuries and Pentime

Web: Chatterleyluxuries.com

Email: Info@chatterleyluxuries.com

Follow us on...

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

I would say a Jules Verne would be my MB dream pen. Nothing like the blue.

WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

I distinguish between pens I have seen in person and pens I have only seen in pictures.

Among the pens I have held, it would be the Skeleton 333.

Based on pictures, I would also consider the Black Widow and Harrison.

Sean

A big vintage Rouge et Noir would be nice, but I am quite happy with the few MB's I have.

Ruud

Filling a fountain pen is much more fun than changing a printer cartridge

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Dr. Suess 'Cat in the Hat' Writers Edition.

http://www.fototime.com/ACDCBD6E89E0DDE/standard.jpg

<gasp!>

From there to here,

from here to there,

funny things

are everywhere!*

In other words, this didn't slip by unnoticed. :P

Fred

* Excerpt from: One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Mine would be a vintage 128PL. You don't see them offered for sale that often. One has just come up for auction on eBay, but I have blown my pen budget for the next two months :-(.

Mark

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try" Mark Twain (American Humourist, Writer and Lecturer. 1835-1910)

The Hemingway. I'll certainly never afford one. But I can always dream, I guess...

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.