#3871 Truffle Finder

Truffle Finder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:23

RMN, I stand corrected!

I've just looked it up in Steven Hull's book, the first 'New' Conway Stewart pens were available in 1997!

I must be getting old!

Truffle Finder. :wacko:  :blush:  :excl:

henrysimpole.com
Beautiful handcrafted fountain pens by Henry Simpole....

#3872 Truffle Finder

Truffle Finder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,414 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 16:09

I'm back from Portobello market, and it was a fairly good day, but not perhaps as good as the last six weeks have been!

I did buy a pretty little porcelain dip-pen, and sold it fairly shortly afterwards to another pen dealer, and made a pretty respectable profit, so that was a good start!

Amongst the visitors to my stand, was a gentleman who had some connection with 'Pentrace', and was pleased to be able to take a photograph standing in my booth, and yet another picture of the doll's house pen! So, hopefully they might appear here soon as well as on Pentrace!

Fortunately, [or maybe not so!] I wasn't offered too many pens to buy today! I have been spending a great deal of money recently.

Most of this week will be taken up with sorting through my stock in preparation for the London Pen Show next Sunday.

Truffle finder. :)  :excl:

henrysimpole.com

#3873 Truffle Finder

Truffle Finder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,414 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:02

JL! The letter has been written, and will be in the post within the next few hours!

You had mentioned that you had been following this thread, so I thought that this might be a good idea to let you know!

Truffle Finder. :)  :excl:

henrysimpole.com

#3874 Truffle Finder

Truffle Finder

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,414 posts

Posted Today, 14:34

I'm a really Happy Bunny at this moment!

It's very strange, but when I went to the viewing of the C/S auction lots, I certainly didn't notice a Makie Conway Stewart Churchill Pen. At a guess, I can only assume that it was in one of the boxes that were quite visible amongst all the goods on offer. I certainly did not see it when I was looking around!

The pen is not actually complete, in that it is missing its section feed and nib, also it has not had its clip fitted, so that should keep me fairly busy when it arrives!

It was the first time that I have participated in an E-bay auction, and I must say, I found it very exciting to watch, particularly near the end, when apparently there is usually a mad dash, and the bids come in thick and fast! But fortunately for me, this time it didn't happen!

Truffle Finder. :)  :D  :lol:  :excl:

henrysimpole.com