Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole?

GeorgeWP

I've experienced that! You know you're "in the zone" when you're reading the story coming off your pen and think, "Hey, that's good. Wish I'd thought of that!" :embarrassed_smile: :blink: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :blush:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

The Muse lives!!!! I just saw a pen I have had posted for sale for. Couple of weeks......and thought - "I love the look of that one!"

Good thing it is still here!!!! :roflmho:

GP, you are gifted! Good luck with the next step! :thumbup:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Or insane. Take your pick. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the good wishes. Starting a combat clean during the holiday week in hopes I can start off December working on a new tome masterpiece manuscript. :headsmack:

I think that I'm being affected by the cold weather, I've got a whole load of parcels to send off today, and a few repairs to get done, but I am definitely lacking in the enthusiasm department.

I have sorted out the Onoto overlays for the 'finishing', but so far I haven't managed to get started on them! :embarrassed_smile:

Still, I will have to get stuck in soon! The threat of having to sit on the 'naughty step' for the rest of the week, is daunting, and I don't want to get in Onoto's bad books! :embarrassed_smile:

Hopefully I will have more positive news tomorrow!

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes:

While our American friends are getting prepared for their Thanks Giving Celebrations, I am pleased to report that the Onoto overlays have been done, and I'm now up to date with my repairs! :rolleyes:

Not exactly 'Earth shattering' news! But there you are!

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

clap1.gif Well done Truffle dearest!

As an American celebrating that holiday shortly, might I say how very thankful I am that this thread came into existence and how blessed I feel to have friends here whom I love dearly.

May you each and every one be blessed with your hearts' desires. (Especially if they are pens! wink.gif)

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Anyone who has been following this thread for any length of time, will have gathered that my workshop is pretty 'cluttered' with 'stuff', and as a consequence I occasionally come across things that I have either completely forgotten about, or things that I have put somewhere for safe-keeping! [And then forgotten about!] :blush:

Well, yesterday I 'found' an overlaid pen which I had made for someone a long time ago, whose circumstances changed, and he decided not to have the pen! So having unearthed it, I decided to clean it up, and put a nib, and filler unit in it, and today, I'm going to send it off to Neal for him to do his usual job of photographic wizardry and hopefully it will appear on here shortly! :rolleyes:

See y'awll!!!

Boy, would I love to root around that place and see what else is hiding out waiting to be "discovered"! ninja.gif

Finders keepers? Over here they say possession is 9/10 of the law.....roflmho.gif

~~Larry Brown

Boy, would I love to root around that place and see what else is hiding out waiting to be "discovered"! ninja.gif

Finders keepers? Over here they say possession is 9/10 of the law.....roflmho.gif

I think there would be a queue for that workshop tour :roflmho:

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

Just back from a quite satisfying Saturday up at Portobello Market.

I was certainly kept busy enough to not be able to read any of my book, while I was in my booth! One of the main customers was a man who is an artist, who had asked me if I could select some fine flexible nibs which, [when pressed sufficiently] would produce a broad line! He was probably with me for about an hour and a half, and he chose two pens, and two more 'possibles' which he might go for in a little while's time!

I bought some pens from another gentleman, who had been recommended to see me by another Portobello dealer.

These included:- A Conway Stewart Cracked Ice, A Blue Marbled C/S Dandy, A C/S 388 in light and dark Burgundy Marbled pattern, also a green Marbled Relief Esterbrook Pen. So we were both happy with the deal that we struck!

It was a shame about the weather, but then I suppose we shouldn't grumble, it is November after all!

, also a green Marbled Relief Esterbrook Pen.

puddle.gif We may have to converse about that one.....

~~Larry Brown

Just back from a quite satisfying Saturday up at Portobello Market.

I was certainly kept busy enough to not be able to read any of my book, while I was in my booth! One of the main customers was a man who is an artist, who had asked me if I could select some fine flexible nibs which, [when pressed sufficiently] would produce a broad line! He was probably with me for about an hour and a half, and he chose two pens, and two more 'possibles' which he might go for in a little while's time!

I bought some pens from another gentleman, who had been recommended to see me by another Portobello dealer.

These included:- A Conway Stewart Cracked Ice, A Blue Marbled C/S Dandy, A C/S 388 in light and dark Burgundy Marbled pattern, also a green Marbled Relief Esterbrook Pen. So we were both happy with the deal that we struck!

It was a shame about the weather, but then I suppose we shouldn't grumble, it is November after all!

I hope your booth is waterproof, for the weather is indeed grim, especially in 'down Somerset-way'! I hope I'll be able to visit your booth one day! :)

Please check out my blog, datbookreviews, for all Fiction and Fantasy book reviews!

Now with Increasing Fountain Pen Related Posts!

Pelikan M200, Hero 608, Parker IM, Serwex 162, Manuscript Calligraphy Pen, Lamy Vista, Guanleming 956, Mabie Todd 200/60, Noodler's Konrad. Grail Pen: Yard-O-Led Viceroy Victorian.

Hi da Tomo T,

Welcome to this thread!

Whereabouts are you from in Somerset? I have browsed around the Monday Silver Street market in Taunton on many occasions, but rarely found much in the way of pens, but it doesn't put me off going in there while I'm on my way down to Cornwall!

Years ago, when I used to do Antiques Fairs on Sundays, I used to do one at a Motor Hotel just off the Motorway at the Taunton Exit, I used to buy well, and sold well on those occasions, maybe I met you there!

It would be my pleasure to see you at Portobello sometime in the future.

Edited by Truffle Finder

This last weekend was really quite productive, I managed to get all the customer's pens done, and some of mine, but there are still a few of them to be tackled!

Thankfully, we haven't been affected by the floods, that seems to be confined to the South West of England!

The trouble is, I'm due to be going down to Cornwall again next weekend!

Truffle Finder. :blush:

OK! Esterbex, let the discussions begin, regarding the Esterbrook Pen in green marble, with an absolutely gorgeous broad oblique nib!!! :embarrassed_smile:

Oh! And it's got the Red band at the top of the cap, just below the blind-cap!!! :rolleyes:

There's hardly any imprint left on it, but it has cleaned up very well. :rolleyes: :ltcapd:

Let me know !!! :mellow:

In your own time!!! :unsure:

There's no pressure!!! :blush:

Truffle Finder. :P

Name your price Truffle....Imprint or no, that nib is mine! :puddle:

(I may be willing to throw in my firstborn at that! :mad: )

~~Larry Brown

Fear not Esterbex, it has got your name on it! [Well it hasn't, but it won't be going anywhere!] :embarrassed_smile:

BTW, the pen that I had initially thought was a Conway Stewart Dandy, turns out to be an 'elongated' Dinkie, which sadly has lost it's lever, but I'm sure that I can find a replacement in the C/S draw, so that will keep me busy later today. When it's done, it will go straight in to my Dinkie collection! :rolleyes:

Happy days!!!

Well caught Wendi! That sounds like a lovely pen - and I could fight you for that nib, but won't!!! :roflmho:

Dear truffle......take care driving down to Tavistock, and give that place a resounding "Yahoo" down the Main Street from me! I always took morning coffee or lunch in that lovely old hotel near the bridge, and could ask nicely to park my car there for the day. They always agreed! :bunny01:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Chris!

The 'Bedford' hotel is the name of the hotel by the bridge, but the parking situation in Tavistock nowadays is such that I would be surprised if they would graciously let you park in their car park, for the day! :roflmho: In times gone by, I don't doubt that they would have done, but not anymore, sadly. :crybaby:

Back to the repairs!