Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole?

GeorgeWP

I absolutely LOVE his pens but, alas, they are far beyond my price range!

All those fortunate to be able to spend the money needed to own such exquisite pens must feel really lucky. :thumbup:

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

:cloud9: You spoil me...

Happy you made it back in one piece! You probably weigh a lot less after having had your pockets ransacked in that wicked land. :unsure:

LOL! and we thought that the legend of Dick Turpin was long forgotten... until Henry's trip to Cornwall that is....! :headsmack:

I'm hoping to see one of my 'Pen Friends on Tuesday Morning at Tavistock Market, and I can't wait to show him!

Are Tuesday mornings at Tavistock a "pen market"?

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Hi Tenney!

No, I wish it was a 'pen market!' But it is just for general antiques, and collectables.

I did manage to find a Conway Stewart 100 from a friend of mine, [it needs a nib, but it is in very good condition other than that] so I was very happy to get it! :embarrassed_smile:

I always enjoy going to the Tuesday Market, it is so nice to catch up with the people who I know well 'in the trade', one of them was an old school friend of mine who I knew when I was about 15, we were at the same school in Tavistock in the 'swinging sixties'!!! Happy Days! :rolleyes:

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

I absolutely LOVE his pens but, alas, they are far beyond my price range!

All those fortunate to be able to spend the money needed to own such exquisite pens must feel really lucky. :thumbup:

I think it is fair to say that we do Korybas. I have 2 and my daughter has one.

I also feel really lucky that I live only a couple of miles from Henry and and am honoured to refer to him as a friend.

That's nice of you to say so, George!

Any danger of getting some detailed photographs of your latest pen design, or failing that perhaps we could have that lunch, and you might be able to part with it for a while, and I could get Neal to 'Do the Honours!'

Honestly, all these 'honours' floating around, it makes me feel a bit claustrophobic!

I think I ought to have a little lie-down in a darkened room. :wacko: :blush:

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes:

I always enjoy going to the Tuesday Market, it is so nice to catch up with the people who I know well 'in the trade', one of them was an old school friend of mine who I knew when I was about 15, we were at the same school in Tavistock in the 'swinging sixties'!!! Happy Days! :rolleyes:

How does it go... If you can remember the 60's then you weren't really there :-)

--

Old farts! I was in kindergarten :bunny01:

Sorry to be missing for so long. But I have a 61,256 word manuscript to show for it, so all is not lost. The Spirit got a good workout! :thumbup:

Sorry to be missing for so long. But I have a 61,256 word manuscript to show for it, so all is not lost. The Spirit got a good workout! :thumbup:

roflmho.gifYeah, old farts!!! roflmho.gif

Great job GP!!! Nothing like concentration on real life to get things accomplished!

(I shall soon join the Spirit Club! bunny01.gif)

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

How does it go... If you can remember the 60's then you weren't really there :-)

I was too busy being 'earth mother' and producing four babies in six years ....no, no TV in the tropical north of Queensland in the swinging sixties!! :embarrassed_smile:

Some of the hippest of the hippies can still be found living their alternate lifestyle in Kuranda!!! Look it up!

I have to add my pleas and please to those of us who haven't seen George's new pen! Please George?

Wo said there was no future in teeth???? :roflmho: Dentists are the top of the food chain!! :ninja:

No offense to our dentists here present though!!! :blink:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Wow GP! That is some workout for the Spirit pen! I will be able to say that I knew you when you were a mere mortal......just as I say about Henry!!! Before you got to be famous :thumbup: .

Congratulations!!! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Edited by Chris Chalmers

Make it count!!!

I'm hoping to see one of my 'Pen Friends on Tuesday Morning at Tavistock Market, and I can't wait to show him!

Are Tuesday mornings at Tavistock a "pen market"?

Henry knows how to make some of us very homesick!!!

Tavistock market is one I know well, from my time living in Cornwall when quilting was my passion, and the quilting shop and market saw me far too often!!! Lovely cheese shop there...or has it gone? :puddle:

Make it count!!!

Dunno about famous, but I'll be happy to audition for rich :bunny01:

Glad to know the Spirit love is spreading. :cloud9: They're awesome for 8 hour marathons once you find their center of gravity. :wub: Got the merest tinge of numbness in the forefinger after pulling a multi-day sprint at the end, but no hand cramps. :clap1:

Don't intend to try that pace again anytime soon, but after a few finals in competitions, had a sudden deadline to meet I hadn't anticipated. :blink:

But I have a 61,256 word manuscript to show for it, so all is not lost. The Spirit got a good workout!

That many words by pen is just utterly amazing to me! I'm so accustomed to writing on the computer. The idea of correcting and re-arranging without a word processor is tough to imagine.

--

Will try to get some pictures up later today. I did take some with my small Fuji camera, but couldn't get it focused properly - will try again with my wife's Nikon.

Henry I will give you a call to arrange lunch, and of course you can borrow the pen for Neal to do his magic on.

But I have a 61,256 word manuscript to show for it, so all is not lost. The Spirit got a good workout!

That many words by pen is just utterly amazing to me! I'm so accustomed to writing on the computer. The idea of correcting and re-arranging without a word processor is tough to imagine.

It actually cuts down on the correcting and rearranging. Remind me next week when I've caught up with myself and I'll try to get some pics up on my blog so you can see the first draft.

At the start of a session, I'll line through a few words or draw a line through a paragraph. But freeing my subconscious from all the editing thoughts and simply letting the story tell itself results in amazing progress.

Things can get tweaked when I type it in. That's when I find my nasty habit of using the same word 83 times on a page and all the other things that need correcting. But the bones of the story and dialogue flow of their own accord when my brain is freed from all the "wait, stop, I need to fix that" which occurs on the computer.

I also find it frees my creative side. After decades of legal and technical writing on a machine, picking up the pen and pretty colors signals to my brain that the artistic side is free to come out and play. Time to put the logical, factual side away, there's a good subconscious :roflmho:

Painful experience led me to the conclusion that doing a goal, motivation & conflict grid for the major characters keeps things focused. Then they simply tell their own story and I write it down for them. :wacko:

As you can tell by this, I'm a "pantser" [writing by the seat of my pants] rather than a "plotter" who outlines and does character analysis and story boards and all the activities that kill my creative side. :rolleyes:

Ahhh... yes... thinking back, I agree with much of that. I do sometimes find that I get caught up in correcting at the moment of creating rather than letting the thoughts flow. I found dictating to also free up the flow in a similar way. Still, I'm amazed at that high a word count in ink. I haven't read your writing, only now looking at your blog. Thank you.

--

As you can tell by this, I'm a "pantser" [writing by the seat of my pants] rather than a "plotter" who outlines and does character analysis and story boards and all the activities that kill my creative side. :rolleyes:

For some reason The Jackson Five's She's a Dancing Machine popped into my head subbing "pantsing" for "dancing". I must be suffering sleep deprivation. G'nite. :mellow:

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Ghost Plane, that is quite fascinating, my only attempts at writing my life story were quite flowing, even though I actually used my computer to record it, but then I put it into a 'file', and I have yet to find out where it is now! Or how I can retrieve it, even if I find out where it is!!! :mellow:

I could certainly identify with the flow of thoughts coming through, almost to the extent that I was reading it as I was writing, [i suppose that is the left, and the right hand side of the brain working pretty well independently,] but I would rather leave that to the experts! :embarrassed_smile:

Yesterday at Portobello was a bit drab, plenty of inquiries about pens, but unfortunately no sales, I did pick up a couple of pen-repairs, which should keep me busy during this coming week. My main project this week however, will be the 'finishing touches' to the Onoto overlays. :rolleyes:

Truffle Finder. :thumbup: