Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole?

GeorgeWP

Happy Birthday George!!! Better late than never! I am also waiting to see photos of your pen.......you are indeed a very lucky and well loved man!

I hope the Star enjoys his pen.......what kudos for Henry and Bruno!

Some of us move in pretty high society!!!, was there a movie about that? :roflmho:

Hi Chris

Good to talk with you again.

I will get some pictures up as soon as I can. There were some taken, but they are not very good - out of focus and didn't do the dseign justice.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes.

I will tell you that there are a number of things memorable to my, and my wife's, life that Henry incorporated into the design. Design was my wife's idea but it was Henry that brought it to fruition.

I am absolutely thrilled with it and, of course, it writes like a dream. It is currently inked with Diamine Ultra Green.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

Wendi.......you have a very nimble mind.....thank goodness you only use it for good!!!! :thumbup:

What a brilliant wheeze Henry! You just have to do it and someone has to be with you to record it with a camera!!!! :eureka:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Wendi.......you have a very nimble mind.....thank goodness you only use it for good!!!! :thumbup:

What a brilliant wheeze Henry! You just have to do it and someone has to be with you to record it with a camera!!!! :eureka:

I don't know about the "only", but I do try. embarrassed_smile.gif

Henry's co-conspirator could be his ever-at-the-ready Tim....thumbup.gif

What a wheeze indeed! yikes.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

It's a great idea, but unfortunately I don't know when or where the book-signing is taking place, and sadly her Highness wasn't at home when I called yesterday to deliver the pen there, so it was received by the maid. But it meant that I couldn't ask her for the details about the book signing. :embarrassed_smile:

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if he [the famous Hollywood actor] gets in touch with me when he gets back there, but I'll have to wait and see! :rolleyes:

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

I just love :wub: secrets and big stars and princess stories!! :clap1: Can you not phone the princess and ask her? :headsmack:

Make it count!!!

I had been under the impression that the 'Book Signing' was taking place here in London, [somewhere like Harrods] but, my inquisitive mind got the better of me, and I telephoned the Princess to ask her about it.

It turns out that it will be taking place in Los Angeles California, so I will definitely not be attending!

It might be possible for Bruno to attend though!

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes:

Well drats! I guess we'll have to check to see if any pics of him using the pen during the signing show up in the press....

I hope he decides to call you for clarification on the instructions.... ;)

~~Larry Brown

I had been under the impression that the 'Book Signing' was taking place here in London, [somewhere like Harrods] but, my inquisitive mind got the better of me, and I telephoned the Princess to ask her about it.

It turns out that it will be taking place in Los Angeles California, so I will definitely not be attending!

It might be possible for Bruno to attend though!

Any info on the date and location? Although LA is about 400 miles away, I do have a few friends down there.

-Bruno

I actually don't know when the book signing will take place Bruno, but I am guessing that the location will be at the Graumans [sorry about the spelling!] Chinese theatre, but you will have to make some enquiries with them to know for certain, you certainly don't want to drive all that way, and find out that it was 'yesterday'!!!

I'll be interested to know what you find out.

I actually don't know when the book signing will take place Bruno, but I am guessing that the location will be at the Graumans [sorry about the spelling!] Chinese theatre, but you will have to make some enquiries with them to know for certain, you certainly don't want to drive all that way, and find out that it was 'yesterday'!!!

An interesting guess. I don't why it would be there. I'd guess a bookstore, but I don't know which one. I tried to find some announcement, but have not been able to yet.

The Ohio pen show is now going on and I'm missing it. I decided to call Paul E just to make a voice attendance.

-Bruno

An interesting guess. I don't why it would be there. I'd guess a bookstore, but I don't know which one. I tried to find some announcement, but have not been able to yet.

The Ohio pen show is now going on and I'm missing it. I decided to call Paul E just to make a voice attendance.

-Bruno

bawl.gif I know how you feel....crybaby.gif Wish I had a magic wand....

~~Larry Brown

Yesterday, at Portobello, a lady came in to see me, about her late husband's Waterman's fountain pen, which she wanted to sell.

It was a Watermans 54 sized pen with a gold-filled metal overlay with straight lined machine patterning on the metal. Sadly the lever had been broken off half way down the shaft, and the No: 4 nib was really past reshaping!

Anyway, last night I couldn't resist getting on with the rather major surgery that the pen required, so I got 'stuck-in'! Starting with the overlay on the barrel, which I managed to remove quite easily, then I looked through the two Watermans draws, for a replacement lever-box, which I eventually found, [in two pieces, the lever, and the box!] which meant that I had the delightful job, of making a pin for the 'hinge', anyway, I did that, and fitted it in position, and then put the 'Saddle' in place [shaped small sheet of gold coloured metal just beneath the 'lollipop' part of the lever!] and then replaced the overlay back on the barrel. Resacked it, and replaced the nib, and I must say, it looked the 'business! It really made my day!!!

I'm hoping to see one of my 'Pen Friends on Tuesday Morning at Tavistock Market, and I can't wait to show him!

Truffle Finder. :thumbup: :bunny01: :rolleyes:

Anything like the behemoth on the left?

fpn_1352677366__metaloverlays-1.jpg

ETA: David Nishimura calls the pattern "Sheraton". (This is not a pic from his collection, though.)

Edited by esterbex

~~Larry Brown

Nice phot Wendi, and great story Henry! :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is what is called going a above and beyond, but you couldn't do anything else, knowing you Henry!

Maybe a photo before you return it? :puddle:

Hope all goes well down in The West Country! Have some delicious seafood for me please.... :cloud9:

Make it count!!!

Esterbex, what's a behemoth?

Truffle Finder. :embarrassed_smile:

"Something of monstrous size, power, or appearance" ....well compared to the Liliputians alongside in that pic. The CS Great Exhibition is more so.:rolleyes:

~~Larry Brown

"Corker"? Is that a good thing? I will google it....

Ahhh...."one that is excellent or remarkable".

Hope you get pics of this "corker" then. drool.gif

Edited by esterbex

~~Larry Brown

I'm back in London, from my travels to the land of the private Dental Practices!!!

I will send Neal the Watermans 54 for him to do the honours, Esterbex, OK?

:cloud9: You spoil me...

Happy you made it back in one piece! You probably weigh a lot less after having had your pockets ransacked in that wicked land. :unsure:

~~Larry Brown