Has Anyone Heard Of Henry Simpole?

GeorgeWP

Warm Fussies? Kisses on whose bottom? Should I be jealous? I think I am! blink.gif

Fickle-hearted loose-lipped Pen Man! angry.gif Never too old to heed mother's warnings about such....just can't trust 'em....tsk!glare.gif

Pass the tissues please....crybaby.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

Fear not dear maiden!

I was referring to your bottom!!!

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes: :embarrassed_smile:

PS. Here's another one!!!

"X"

50 pages and still going? wow!

everyone should know about HS now.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

@Truffle....cloud9.gif

@leod...You'd be amazed....Some of his own countrymen are quite unaware. mellow.gif

(love your tag line, btw.thumbup.gif)

~~Larry Brown

Did I miss a birthday? :yikes:

On a bit of a deadline here. Inked up the Spirit with KonPeki and getting on with it. :ninja:

Hi GP!!! Hope all is going well! :notworthy1:

Nothing to see here art from bottom kissing from afar!!! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Move along folks......go p.p.p.ick up a ppppen!

Sorry, it is the silly season here, dark in the middle of the day, and. Thunder storm brewing!

Makes me like a cat....all silly and jumpy! :roflmho:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

GP, actually it's a birth month! So you haven't missed anything, apart from the unmentionables that have been mentioned! yikes.gif

I'm with you Chris! But first I have to finish cleaning the house that went untouched over the weekend away. gaah.gif

I wish I had a maid....mellow.gif

~~Larry Brown

Well, well well! :hmm1:

Her Highness decided on the two Acanthus Leaf designed Duofolds, and then chose a black hard rubber Simpini button-filler pen!

The third pen is going to be given to a famous Hollywood actor, [i can't say his name here!] who is going to be doing a 'book signing' sometime in the near future, and the Princess wanted to give him the pen as a present!

She asked me if I would mind getting the cartouche engraved with his initials, which I organised at Hatton Garden on the way home, so I will be going back to see her Highness tomorrow at noon, to deliver it to her personally.

I think it was in Downton Abbey recently, when someone said:- "You just can't get good 'staff' these days!" :embarrassed_smile:

:bunny01: :rolleyes: :bunny01: :rolleyes: :bunny01:

Happy Days!

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone - I'm back.

Been away from FPN for what seems only a short while, but turns out to be much longer!

Have seen Henry a few times during my absence and even bought a Parker 180 from him at the London pen show.

Thank you Wendi (Esterbex) for your very kind PMs enquiring after me. I have had a few things concerning me in the last year and I am afraid to say that FPN took a bit of a back seat, but for much longer than I thought - time goes by so quickly. I had also changed my domain name so the copies of the PMs did not get through to me - all corrected on my FPN details now.

A great piece of news though that some of you may be aware of by PM from Henry (but maybe not as it was a very closely guarded secret). On 27th October, my lovely wife presented me with a pen that she had specially commissioned from Henry. The project had been in work since the beginning of this year and she had a number of meetings with him to go over the design, all of which came as a complete surprise to me.

So I think that to make this known is a very appropriate subject for my return to this thread after such a long absence and, of course, is quite the correct place to announce it.

I can tell you that the pen is absolutely magnificent and I am really thrilled with it.

Henry, I haven't seen or spoken to you since I got the pen, but you have surpassed yourself with this creation (I am sure that won't come as a surprise to anyone reading this.

I will get some pictures together and post the up together with a writing sample.

Good to be back.

:rolleyes: Blimey! She goes all out for love! :notworthy1: Edited by esterbex

~~Larry Brown

:rolleyes: Blimey! She goes all out for friends! :notworthy1:

Wendi - if that is a comment on my post - I hope that she sees me as more than a friend :D

George,

I think that Wendi was referring to the Princess!!!

Not your good lady wife!

Truffle Finder. :embarrassed_smile:

PS. Pleased you liked the pen!

I did indeed mean the princess, but have amended to make sense in sequence! :roflmho:

~~Larry Brown

George,

I think that Wendi was referring to the Princess!!!

Not your good lady wife!

Truffle Finder. :embarrassed_smile:

PS. Pleased you liked the pen!

Ooops - my mistake :embarrassed_smile:

I wouldn't have thought that as I am not one of those rarified individuals that keep company with princesses :headsmack:

I am overjoyed with the pen - a real masterpiece - thank you so much Henry. Susan tells me that you sweated blood with it. :notworthy1:

Hope to get along and meet up with you for lunch soon.

I did indeed mean the princess, but have amended to make sense in sequence! :roflmho:

Bless you for making me look less stupid.

Edited by GeorgeWP

Bless you for making me look less stupid.

I think that it was more for my own looks, but hey, two birds with one word! thumbup.gif

I am so happy for you!!! Can't wait to see the treasure!

~~Larry Brown

Her Highness decided on the two Acanthus Leaf designed Duofolds, and then chose a black hard rubber Simpini button-filler pen!

The third pen is going to be given to a famous Hollywood actor, [i can't say his name here!] who is going to be doing a 'book signing' sometime in the near future, and the Princess wanted to give him the pen as a present!

She asked me if I would mind getting the cartouche engraved with his initials, which I organised at Hatton Garden on the way home, so I will be going back to see her Highness tomorrow at noon, to deliver it to her personally.

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes:

OK, Henry... you've got to tell me who. Just reply to my email.

-Bruno

Well, it is a beautiful sunny, if slightly chilly day here in London, and I am 'booted and spurred' and ready to go up to town to deliver the pen to the Princess.

I took some time to write a note to the recipient of the Simpini pen, explaining about the filling instructions of the pen, which was not exactly an easy task, but I felt that it was entirely necessary, because people like to think that they don't 'need' to read instructions about anything, leave alone fountain pens! I will of course explain to the Princess about the reason for the note, but it is a bit much to expect her to explain to him about the actual mechanism! [incidentally, I have put a diagrammatical copy of the instructions on the underside of the lid of the box!]

Let's hope all goes well, at the 'book signing!'

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

PS. George, lunch sounds great! :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday George!!! Better late than never! I am also waiting to see photos of your pen.......you are indeed a very lucky and well loved man!

I hope the Star enjoys his pen.......what kudos for Henry and Bruno!

Some of us move in pretty high society!!!, was there a movie about that? :roflmho:

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I wonder if you shouldn't surreptitiously attend that book signing and have him autograph your own copy with your/his new pen! ph34r.gif

"To....what did you say your name was again?"

"Henry....Henry Simpole".

"Your name is familiar. Have we met before?"

"Well, not exactly. You see...."

How I'd love to be a fly on the wall! tongue.gif

~~Larry Brown