• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Truffle Finder

• esterbex

• Ghost Plane

• Chris Chalmers

Bruno Corsini Crescent Filler with vintage Wahls Evsharp flexi fine nib and Vermeil Snake clip.

Having finally met Bruno and seen his work in person, I am even more impressed.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

See those Corpoles/Simpinis under the Truffle's elbow? And a Myrtle too! This gentleman was very nice, but I didn't catch the name...sad.giffpn_1348446963__img_10481.jpgfpn_1348446900__img_10471.jpg

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Lots of touching and feeling at this show....drool.gif

fpn_1348447076__img_10491.jpg

Some of Henry's favourite clients....Mike and Tim Byler from Arkansas..."the biggish fellows"

fpn_1348447173__img_10551.jpg

The gentleman standing is from Nigeria and was most impressed with Henry's work before he ever met him, so he was most

ecstatic to find out that Henry was Henry Simpole....

fpn_1348447259__img_10711.jpg

This young man was interested in the newest Onoto Magna which is not out just yet (and whose overlay I forgot to photograph!crybaby.gif) but he had warm feelings for that art deco model in his hand....puddle.gif

fpn_1348447316__img_10731.jpg

He had the hots for a very very broad nib on a mandarin Eagle pen....

fpn_1348447459__img_10751.jpg

~~Larry Brown

WOW!! Great photos. And beautiful pens! Do y mean there are red Simpini/Corpole pens still waiting for adoption? I can write an IOU right now!

I am absolutely loving mine cloud9.gif cloud9.gif cloud9.gif

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

Yep...but the black is still my fave....puddle.gif

I'm gonna make a blue one soon.

-Bruno

Well aren't you the tease! drool.gif

Remember to make photographs before you surrender it to whomever shall be the possessor....we must document! wink.gif

~~Larry Brown

Always the same!

Every time that I go away for a few days, and come back, I find that I can't post anything on here, until I go through the 'rigmarole' of password identification, username etc: and eventually I find that I'm back here!!!

Amazing, though it does give me a small sense of achievement after I have got through the system! :huh: :blush: :blink:

Anyway, I'm back home now, still a little jet-lagged, but it's good to be back. It was rather good, I met quite a few people who knew me from this thread, some of whom came up and introduced themselves to me 'out of the blue' in the hotel during the Show, it made me feel very good! :P :W2FPN:

Business wasn't exactly 'brisk' [on the overlaid pen front!] but I sold quite a few Vintage Pens, which helped with the expenses of the trip, it as really good to see people again after quite sometime! :rolleyes:

I must say, that the Bruno/Simpole pens seemed to be liked by most people who saw them, I suspect, because they are are a more delicate size, in comparison to my usual sized pens, but they also 'feel' nice in the hand! :rolleyes:

We did go to the 'Grassy Knoll' tour BTW! It was really very interesting, to be able to go round the museum, [in the book depository, where apparently Lee Harvey Oswald shot the President from the 6th floor window!] but more memorable, [for me anyway], was being able to walk around the grassy area outside, including the picket fence, where everything happened on that terrible day. I was quite 'moved' by the experience.

Thanks Esterbex, for posting the pictures, they are very good!

See Y'awll!!! :rolleyes:

Truffle Finder. :thumbup:

-Bruno

Find something really big and broad to cram in it and we need to talk! :puddle:

Today, after I have finished unpacking my cases, I am going to contact Onoto, to ask them to send me the Caps for the Magna Plunger-fillers, so that I can fit them, hopefully so that at least a few of them might be ready for the London Pen Show [6th October], It's getting quite exciting already! :rolleyes: :blink:

Good news from yesterday's E-mails! Somebody has ordered a set of cap and barrel bands to go on a pen that he has commissioned from our friend Bruno,"Every little helps" as Tesco is always telling us, on this side of the Herring Pond! :blush: [For those on the other side, Tesco's is a large supermarket chain!] :blush:

Bruno's a busy man!!!

Truffle Finder. :rolleyes: Still a bit jet-lagged!

-Bruno

Find something really big and broad to cram in it and we need to talk! :puddle:

Should I assume you're talking about a nib?

roflmho.gif

~~Larry Brown

I can neither confirm nor deny. ;) :o :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

yikes.gif I'd go with the assumption....but oh my! tongue.gif

~~Larry Brown

The the mind boggles! Is it appropriate to request photos? roflmho.gifBe good for the next five days please. I don't know how often I will be able to check in here.Got to go and be a good grandma/mother in law/wife blush.gif

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I'm expecting to receive a parcel today, from Onoto, with the caps for the Magna Plunger Filler Pens, so that I will be able to fit the overlays, [or at least some of them] over this coming weekend. :rolleyes:

So, with a bit of luck there should be a few of them ready and on display in time for the London Pen Show,[6th October, in case anyone needs that information!] :blush:

Looks as though it might be a busy weekend! :huh:

Sadly not a particularly satisfying day [financially] today up at Portobello Road, but I did manage to meet up with several people who were very pleased to know about the London Pen Show, which will be happening next Saturday, so hopefully some of them will turn up on the day! :P

I only bought one pen and pencil set, made by Platignum, which might seem like a peculiar choice, for me to buy, but, if I can just explain, it was their attempt at making a lookalike model which they called the 'Platignum Supreme', it has at first glance the look of a Watermans Patrician, but on closer inspection, it is not as grand, although, the clip is much more robust than the more thoroughbred one which it tries to imitate! Anyway, I was pleased to buy it, and it won't take me long to spruce it up, ready for the pen show next week! :rolleyes

Back to the Onoto Overlays I think! :blush: :

Truffle finder. :thumbup:

Edited by Truffle Finder

Well, reasonably good news about the pen and pencil set! But the overlays presented a bigger task, so I've just taken a package down to the Post office, and sent the caps and a couple of overlays off to Graham, so that he can alter the outer dimension of each cap so that they fit easily!

It's a lot easier on his machine than for me to do each one by hand!

The car tax, and my car insurance was also due, you know it never rains but it pours! Doesn't it? :angry:

Thank goodness it's the London Pen Show next Saturday!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's just raining here....well it was....looks like Fall. Cool and overcast....feels nice. :)

~~Larry Brown