Photo

So I Just Send In My Pen To The Service Center?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Petah

Petah

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:21

This may be a dumb question but when I need a pen repaired do I just send it to my service center? I live in Vancouver BC Canada. I have no boutiques near me. I can't find an email address for my service center. So I just send it to them with a note telling them to fix it?? I'm in a buying binge and snapping them up. I'm NOT keeping them all... as most are for my friends who got jealous. and a few need tune ups*
Thanks in advance.

#2 nemesiz

nemesiz

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:44

This may be a dumb question but when I need a pen repaired do I just send it to my service center? I live in Vancouver BC Canada. I have no boutiques near me. I can't find an email address for my service center. So I just send it to them with a note telling them to fix it?? I'm in a buying binge and snapping them up. I'm NOT keeping them all... as most are for my friends who got jealous. and a few need tune ups*
Thanks in advance.

In a word NO. You need to contact the pen company first whatever happens. Each company have different procedures for returning and booking in pens, and their warranties may only cover specific faults, or problems. So you may find the manufacturer charge postage, repair and service costs that need be discussed and payments arranged to ensure both parties are satisfied about the return process. If you need a contact detail, one of the FPN members should be able to provide this information.
Shane

#3 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,898 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:42

I'd include a cover explaining what you want done and what you don't and your contact info.
If there's nib/flow issues, I include a sheet my stationery with a sample of what I'd like, and ask them to fill the pen and test write it thoroughly.
I pack well and mail in a cardboard box and insure it.

#4 piembi

piembi

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:39

Contacting MB prior to sending the pen has turned out useless. They always answer: send the pen in - at least the MB customer service in Germany does.

I am adding a short note with instructions and contact data and ask them to inform me about whether it can be done and at which cost. This has worked well so far.

#5 meiers

meiers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 13:26

Thanks in advance.

You are right. The only Canadian Montblanc Boutique is in Toronto.
There will definitely be authorized Montblanc Dealers in Vancouver, though.

Check out the FAQ on the MB site.

http://www.montblanc.com/3412.php

Matt

#6 meiers

meiers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 13:27

I am assuming that you are talking about MB pens.

#7 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• 8,898 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2009 - 14:49

Contacting MB prior to sending the pen has turned out useless. They always answer: send the pen in - at least the MB customer service in Germany does.

How about other brands? Do they all provide precise estimates over the phone or email and honor that after they get the pen?

#8 greencobra

greencobra

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,623 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 14:55

Sure, just send it. I don't know if there is a repair station in Canada but you can send it to Texas. I just got a pen back last night. Customer Service number is 1-800-995-4810. You can request a repair estimate before they start work. They usualy ask for a copy of a stamped warranty card or sales receipt for warranty work but they've been known to be generous to their customers within reason. As jeen said, include a detailed note outlining exactly what you want. A heads up, if you plan on sending tired, older models, expect to pay for service.
JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

#9 Petah

Petah

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 17:44

Sure, just send it. I don't know if there is a repair station in Canada but you can send it to Texas. I just got a pen back last night. Customer Service number is 1-800-995-4810. You can request a repair estimate before they start work. They usualy ask for a copy of a stamped warranty card or sales receipt for warranty work but they've been known to be generous to their customers within reason. As jeen said, include a detailed note outlining exactly what you want. A heads up, if you plan on sending tired, older models, expect to pay for service.

This is what they told me:
Dear Mr. Wong,

Thank you for your inquiry and for visiting our website.

We recommend that you package your entire pen securely in a box or bubble
type envelope. Please include a brief cover letter stating the problem,
your address and a daytime telephone number, and send insured to:

Our service center in Canada is located:

Montblanc Canadian Service Center - REPAIRS
4610 Eastgate Parkway, Unit 1
Mississauga, ON L4W 3W6
905-602-1262

Please feel free to contact the service center at your earliest
convenience and they will be happy to assist you in repairing your writing
instrument.

I guess I will send it in :D

#10 Chemyst

Chemyst

Ink Ombudsman

• Member - Gold

• 2,713 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 00:57

Thanks in advance.

In a word NO. You need to contact the pen company first whatever happens. Each company have different procedures for returning and booking in pens, and their warranties may only cover specific faults, or problems. So you may find the manufacturer charge postage, repair and service costs that need be discussed and payments arranged to ensure both parties are satisfied about the return process. If you need a contact detail, one of the FPN members should be able to provide this information.

Your comments are not applicable to Montblanc. Once you ship the pen to them, they will evaluate it and send you a written estimate which you must accept by signing and returning it. Only then will work commence.

Contacting them will simply yield you a form letter response asking you to kindly send the pen in so their experts can take a look at it. The service department wants a statement of symptoms, they are not interested in your self-diagnosis, so save yourself the trouble.

#11 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Member - Gold

• 8,898 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2009 - 01:10

It could be potentailly inaccurate to give estimates over the phone, like asking for an firm estimate on repairs of your car before your mechanic assesses the extent of the damage.

Even a request for a nib exchange under warranty will have to pass muster to make sure the original nib is saleable.