Update on Status

Admin

A quick update on the FPN Software update.

1. After 8 hours, about 1/4 of the PMs have been ported to the new format. Some are failing to port and we will look at that later. First priority is to get the bulk of the PMs online.

2. After the PM upgrade is complete, we'll start on the updates to the actual posts. There are more than a million of those so that will take some time as well. Luckily it is a simpler fix than the PM port.

3. The skin -- the look and feel -- will be quite a bit more complicated. The software provider has completely switched the system used to create and maintain skins. Since the board is functional with the current skin, this is a low priority issue compared to the PM and post fixes along with tracking down any bugs.

4. As time permits, the emoticons will be restored.

Please do let us know if you find an error or that something is missing.

The FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• Sailor Kenshin

• ArchiMark

• penspouse

Missing: Ability to find a member's latest posts as formerly in the list of ten latest. I can't find the posts I made a couple of hours ago.

Not working: photo attachments.

"Bug:" My list of interests appeared under my avatar (in the posts I can't find).

EDIT: The list of interests is showing on this post as an example. Not appropriate to have this list appear.

Edited by Canoodler

you're doing a fantastic job; these are not easy transitions to make and we're all still up and talking. Keep it up!

Tim

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

First, thanks for all of the hard work. I hope our collective appreciation doesn't get lost amidst all of the complaining I've seen across the various threads. As far as bugs go, every third or fourth time I click on "View New Content," I get a list of the latest members to join FPN, rather than a list of new posts.

David

Edit: OK, it's not a bug. It seems that clicking on "View New Content" from within one's profile brings up a list of the newest members.

Edited by cellulophile

So far, the change is mostly great, but I have noticed that there are duplicate fields under Profile->Change Profile Information and my location didn't show under my avatar until I'd pasted it into both fields. Not a huge deal, but I thought I'd let you know. Great work on the the changeover.

keep up the good work. These transitions take a while and are complicated.

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

Thank you for all your work on this!

Something which seems to not be working yet:

Not all fonts will change sizes.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

I know it is early days, and for some reason this change was needed - but am I the only one who prefers the old style.

I know it is early days - but where are my last ten posts?

Good luck with the board, but I think my time here will be a lot less than before this happened - sorry!

Edited by Chris Chalmers

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!

I'm seeing other people's PMs that I really don't need to see!

Like Ron, I'm seeing other people's PMs. This happens when I open a PM I just sent...Above it in the window will be a PM to or from someone else! Makes me wonder if the PM I just sent, for example, to the Admin Team re: the missing FLD forum will go to someone else instead.

Ann

Thanks for all your hard work! I believe you are making amazing progress. I did not think you could be this far along so soon (I know it does not seem like "soon" to you)! Again, thank you for your time and hard work!

-gross

Let us endeavor to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. -Mark Twain

I'm seeing other people's PMs that I really don't need to see!

Like Ron, I'm seeing other people's PMs. This happens when I open a PM I just sent...Above it in the window will be a PM to or from someone else! Makes me wonder if the PM I just sent, for example, to the Admin Team re: the missing FLD forum will go to someone else instead.

Ann

This has happened to me as well.

David

Definitely seeing "bleedthrough" on PMs. So far, nothing terribly private or important in the larger scheme of things, but each "conversation" has an added message from a participant not part of the PMs sent.

FPN Admins/Techs are cordially invited to look inside my PMs with the new/latest conversations to see if there is some specific causal links in the "bleedthough" of PMs. As a side-note, since I don't have any of my older PMs available to me yet in the system, it would reasonably seem that this is a consequence of the new conversation format.

John P.

I just came to FPN for the first time today, and I am shocked!!! I like the look of the new layout!

One thing I am INCREDIBLY happy about is that the header logo at the top links back to the home page!!! I have been wanting that here ever since I joined because i use it extensively on other forums.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the quote system is not working, like the quotes in the posts.

Jazz It. Rock It. Paint It Blue. Paint it black. Tell your folks. Tune in. Turn off. Love it. Hate it. Do what you want. Do what you're told. Follow your heart. Follow your gut. Follow your brain. Hello. Goodbye. Try. Fear The Metal.

OMG! MULTIQUOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

THIS ROCKS! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

Jazz It. Rock It. Paint It Blue. Paint it black. Tell your folks. Tune in. Turn off. Love it. Hate it. Do what you want. Do what you're told. Follow your heart. Follow your gut. Follow your brain. Hello. Goodbye. Try. Fear The Metal.

Hi, I am unable to view member activity, i.e. when i click on list my member name, it returns an error.

It is only a metter of time before we all get used to the new format. Keep up the good work!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

If I have no PM's in my inbox, but did before upgrade, I will have them back eventually right? I have gone through about 7 software upgrades in the past 3 years on other forums and I lost the majority of my PM's in about 5 of them.