NEW Montegrappa

Vadim Zhuravlev

MONTEGRAPPA CITTA' D'ARTE VENEZIA NEW 2009

Over the centuries, culture and philosophy evolve. Civilizations are established and they develop, leaving behind architectural treasures and splendid works that make our cities so breathtakingly beautiful and unique. With its ancient history and immense cultural heritage, Italy can rightfully be considered one of the countries with the highest number of cities of art that we can appreciate and explore.

Montegrappa, an ambassador of Italian style and creativity, pays homage to Italy’s culture and tradition through a Limited Edition collection of writing instruments dedicated to Italian cities of art, those tangible examples of timeless beauty and a precious heritage for humanity. Squares, streets, and legends are what remain of a magnificent past. Each annual edition of the collection celebrates great Italian cities whose splendours from another age are admired each day by visitors from around the world.

Skilled Montegrappa artisans use the ancient die-casting technique to produce each piece in this collection. Starting out from a sculpture patiently and meticulously made by hand by an artist over a period of months, the writing instrument – an authentic work of art – is produced with precious metals using the lost wax casting technique and later finished by hand.

Montegrappa inaugurates the collection with the “Montegrappa Cittа d’Arte Venezia” Limited Edition dedicated to the marvellous city on the lagoon not far from Bassano del Grappa, the home of this superb brand. In honour of the year that Montegrappa was established, this limited collection is composed of 1,912 pieces: 1,000 fountain pens and 880 rollerball pens in silver and lacquer, and 32 fountain pens in a more precious 18-karat gold and lacquer version. Venice is an incredibly alluring city with a fascinating history. It was established in 421 by people living on the mainland area of the Veneto region who laid the foundations of what is considered one of the world’s most beautiful cities.

Saint Mark’s Basilica is one of Venice’s most fascinating architectural monuments. Consecrated in 1094, it is certainly the most famous example of Byzantine architecture in Italy. It was a symbol of the Venetian Republic’s maritime, mercantile, and artistic importance, and its lavishness was the result of an incredible number of treasures that were spoils of war. Due to its uniqueness and beauty, Saint Mark’s Basilica is the star of this collection. The ancient die-casting technique was used to reproduce the basilica on the barrel of the writing instrument. Several details of its distinctive architecture can be seen, such as the four magnificent horses above the main entrance and the typical rosettes on its faзade. The same rosette decorates the 18-karat white gold nib with yellow gold embellishments on the silver fountain pen and the 18-karat yellow gold nib with white gold embellishments on the gold fountain pen.

The cap top is decorated with a die-cast lion, inspired by one of the centuries-old symbols of Saint Mark. The refined clip design is enhanced with a distinctive rotating sphere. The lacquer cap and barrel tip are in Venetian red to represent the strength and wealth of one of the most fascinating maritime republic. These fine writing instruments, which evoke the thrill of a voyage in search of beauty and art, come in an elegant Venetian red case shaped like a treasure chest, almost as if to protect the secrets that have been hidden for centuries amongst the narrow streets of Venice.

FOTO: http://www.elitepen.ru/news/news229.htm

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• evgeny0ukr

• diplomat

• orangesam

• Vadim Zhuravlev

I wonder if this is representative of the direction that the new ownership want to give to the brand...

Is this the first of the new deal or the last of the old one?

:hmm1:

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

I think it would be regarded as the last pen from the Richemont era at Montegrappa.

Just a few weeks before the change in ownership, this pen was posted on their website. But then all went quiet while the company changed hands.

So it will be interesting to see it in the flesh :-)

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

More pics:

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/firmas/montegrappa/ediciones-limitadas/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia-1.jpg

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/firmas/montegrappa/ediciones-limitadas/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia-2.jpg

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/firmas/montegrappa/ediciones-limitadas/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia-3.jpg

http://www.estilograficas.org/imagenes/firmas/montegrappa/ediciones-limitadas/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia/montegrappa-Citta-d-Arte-Venezia-4.jpg

Spanish FountainPen Site - Estilograficas.net

Spanish FountainPen Group FaceBook - Estilográficas - Fountain Pens

I think it would be regarded as the last pen from the Richemont era at Montegrappa.

Ok, fine then. We can still hope for something completely different. Besides, the website is still down...

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Ok, fine then. We can still hope for something completely different. Besides, the website is still down...

:)

Well, this pen might be more collectable being the last from the Richmond Era! ) And to tell you the truth I am happy that this Era has ended! it did not do any positive to Montegrappa (IMHO)

Can someone remind which was the first pen of Richmond Era?

Whereas I love most of the pre-Richemont era Montegrappa LEs, the ones that followed and especially the latest ones look rather non-descript, more like some unfortunate attempt to emulate an LE Mont Blanc - which makes sense if one considers that both brands were owned by the same group, maybe corporate economized by having only one set of designers...

Anyway, I quite like the looks of this model. Does anyone know what it retails for?

Whereas I love most of the pre-Richemont era Montegrappa LEs, the ones that followed and especially the latest ones look rather non-descript, more like some unfortunate attempt to emulate an LE Mont Blanc - which makes sense if one considers that both brands were owned by the same group, maybe corporate economized by having only one set of designers...

Anyway, I quite like the looks of this model. Does anyone know what it retails for?

Here you are:

fp silver - 1000 pieces - Euro 1950

roller silver - 880 pieces - Euro 1750

fp solid gold - 32 pieces - Euro 10650

WGR blecchh! Montegrappa is SOOO much better than this.

The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher - Thomas Huxley

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png