Syringe for ink

anywho3

Hi

I have a Pilot Pluminix fountain pen. I love it to bits but I can't get a converter for it so I have to use cartridges but to save me the money of dishing out for new cartridges (and helping the environment a little bit too) I need to know where I can find a syringe so I can refill the cartridge from a bottle.

Btw I am based in the uk and I know a lot of people on here are from the other side of the pond.

P.S. IF this is the wrong place to post this question I do apologise and can someone point me in the direction of the right place to post such a query

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• anywho3

• Beechwood

• PacificCoastPen

I use the [urlhttp://www.peartreepens.com/The-Write-Fill-Cartridge-Converter-Fill-Kit-p/wfk.htm]Write Fill Cartridge Converter Fill Kit[/url] from Pear Tree Pens. I'm fairly certain they ship to the UK, but the shipping charges may not be worth it. Perhaps some of your compatriots can offer a better solution.

Mine is from an old printer ink cartridge refill kit. You can also get them in most pharmaceutical sections of stores (diabetics section?). Or maybe ask your doctor for one and make it blunt.

-- Moo

Mine is from an old printer ink cartridge refill kit. You can also get them in most pharmaceutical sections of stores (diabetics section?). Or maybe ask your doctor for one and make it blunt.

-- Moo

Hi,

Same here you can sometimes pick them up at the £1 shops that are popping up all over the place (or Tesco/Asda).

Andy

Pet shops have ones with plastic tips (not metal needles, so they can't stick you) and good capacity, more than most medical syringes. I paid $5 for 2. Maybe a little steep, but worth it to avoid mail order.

"The surface is all you've got. You can only get beyond the surface by working with the surface." ~Richard Avedon

Most hobby and craft shops will also have plastic syringes with plastic "needles" for use as glue applicators. The upper 3 cc syringe in the photo below is an example sent to me by a friend in Australia; it included the flexible plastic "needle" and the two short ss needles with the colored Luer-Lok bases. The 2 cc glass syringe below it is one I have had for many years, and used as a fine grease "gun" filled with white lithium grease. I found it this afternoon and soaked it in naptha for awhile to unstick and unclog it, then flushed it out with soapy water and finally clear water. It should make an excellent cartridge filler. :-)

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I use them in my day job (which is ridiculously busy at the moment). If you get stuck I can send you a couple with some home blunted needles though it will be crude. (I like living on the edge and leave mine sharp!) Just have to be sure i don't then use them on a patient...

WOW.

I can't believe the help and generosity offered in this thread, thanks ever so much guys and gals. I have purchased those syringes from ebay and I will let you know how I get on with them

Thanks again

Another option:

I thought a Koh-I-Noor ink bottle would work just the same as the Rotring from the look of it, but the one I have doesn't have that inner tube. :-/

Edited by Chthulhu

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

I got mine from my doctor and just refilled the catridge real easy, cleaning the cartridge was a pain but it work out its now in my XXXXXF Cheapo Fountain Pen (I just cant find the name I got in Berlin at KaDeWe its a student pen but super super fine)

Art History and Philosophy student. Photographer: https://www.flickr.com/photos/leicamaster

• 2 weeks later...

Diabetic needles are small capacity but work fine. I take some fine wire cutters or beading cutters and snip of the point of the needle. They are 1 cc in volume..takes three fills to do most cartridges.

Check out this new flickr page for pen wraps

W He

In Pennsylvania, they just started distributing them at pharmacies without a prescription. With the logic of helping to cut down blood-born virus transmissions. From my understanding they are behind the counter but you just have to ask for them. I was thinking of getting some for oil and glue applications... I'm aware this is only useful for those in PA, but I figured I'd toss it in here if anyone from PA (now or in the future) looks at this thread with the same question. ;)

-MJ

Samantha Carter - You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick. Now you're Mr MacUseless. Dear God! I'm stuck on a glacier with MacGyver!

Edward : Say it... Out loud...

Bella : Vampire...

Rifftrax: Close. I'm a Metropire.

• 4 years later...

I Got 10 three cc syringes on ebay cheap like $3.00 US and it took weeks coming from China. They were sharps but perfect volume for cartridge fillers. Glad I got ‘em.

Some folks don’t want to refill cartridges this way but it’s so easy and no hassle.

Almost everyone has a diabetic friend with the smaller size syringes (1cc) :mellow:

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png