Please post your cursive alphabet here

penspouse

:headsmack: Penspouse, I read the title of your post without really absorbing the content of your message. My alphabet is exactly what you're NOT looking for. :unsure: Perhaps it just shows what a pen, ink and too much caffeine can do.

But still way cooooool, though! :D

http://pics.livejournal.com/shuju_the_red/pic/0001f13z/s320x240   "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penspouse

• Inka

• fenriz

• FooWriter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:headsmack: Penspouse, I read the title of your post without really absorbing the content of your message. My alphabet is exactly what you're NOT looking for. :unsure: Perhaps it just shows what a pen, ink and too much caffeine can do.

But still way cooooool, though! :D

I agree! Thanks to all who have posted. I have my grand kids here for a couple of days. If my hands are working after they leave, I'll post mine and let you suggest what I could do to change the ones I don't like.

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

I have decided that in order to improve my penmanship, I need to work on spacing of my letters and consistency in size. I know how to practice that to make it better, but I don't like the way I fom some of my letters, in particular, several of my capital/uppercase letters. I need some ideas. I am looking for everyday writing. I don't need lots of flourishes or embellishments. I just want decent looking letters to get the job done. If you would be willing to post a sample of your written alphabet so I could see how you form your letters, I would be most appreciative.

I've found that I could not read my writing with a fountain pen when I started to write with it. I was too use to the ballpoint pen way of writing. I found that I needed to learn to write all over again (at least that's what I felt was needed) I got some elementary hand writing books from Amazon.com that were for young children. I also bought some tracing paper for artists at my local Office Depot. I started tracing the 'cursive' letters in the books. I had to really slow down with my writing. I'm still having trouble. But my hand written pages are allot more legible and even I can read what I've written, at least most of the time, and I'm still working with the books and the vellum and the fountain pens. Just be patient. Someone else somewhere else on this site, suggested calligraphy books. I'm not sure how well that will help, but I'm going to look into it. :rolleyes:

Here is mine. I can't write straight without the lines to guide me. :embarrassed_smile:

I kinda like my Lamy but would still want to write with a Rotring 0.6 (which helps me to patiently write down) on a daily basis.

Also, I have another hand for lecture notes taking but it's a bit out of topic here.

Hope you can read what I wrote here. :thumbup:

post-34906-1252662476_thumb.jpg

Edited by verdiinpink

Verdiinpink, your handwriting is very attractive and quite original. If it were a font, I'm sure I would select it. And you can write in that fashion with some speed? I'm very impressed. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

My cursive is no model to follow :embarrassed_smile: , but for everyday handwriting, you might want to look up some of OldGriz's posts. His handwriting is really, really nice. There are many others here on FPN who have posted samples of their cursive handwriting, fancy and non-fancy, that have on occasion made me swoon and even prompted me to buy the ink or pen they were reviewing (or at least put them on my wish list)! (I am not even touching on those who practice calligraphy or use a cursive italic for everyday writing.) Hmmm. Maybe I should be the one practicing!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Oh, I forgot 'S' and Congo is spelt with 'C' not 'K', I'm sorry. :bonk:

Thanks, penspouse and CRB, I use this hand when writing to friends or taking exams. (^ ^)

I think I'll browse around the forum for some inspiration, too.

Ever since getting a larger pen, I've been writing more and practicing more.

It seems that pen size does make a huge difference, at least for me it does.

My Pelikan M800 fits me rather well, but now having a fountain pen that dwarfs even the M800 I'm finding my hand writing is improving.

With the larger pen I can write far longer, I have far less hand fatigue and pain, those things alone are adding greatly to my daily-hand it seems.

Here's a new sample of my daily-hand, and while I still have much practice to do I am seeing an overall improvement...

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu56/InkaFX/My-daily-handwriting.jpg

The paper is old-stock Xerox Premium Ink-jet that's been discontinued, doesn't lend as nicely to shading as does the Staples sugarcane baggase I'd submitted previously.

The primary ink is a home-made blend of 5 different inks, mostly Noodler's "bulletproof" in Polar Blue & Black, mixed with two Eternal inks of Hunter Green & Luxury Blue, plus a shot of Pelikan 4001 Turquoise thrown in for added "pop".

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

• 5 months later...

I had hoped this would be neater. So, of course, the moment I sit down and try to write anything to share, I have two cats and my wife climbing all over me. :glare:

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2622/alphabet.png

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/148/mikesignh6.gif

"A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral." –Antoine de Saint Exupéry

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KqmmrEYs7tc/S5_UL8KmjrI/AAAAAAAAAf8/xWMmgQE38IY/s800/alphabet.jpg

Much work needed with mine...

"When your favorite cup breaks, remember it is only a cup." - Epictetus: Enchiridion"

What does it say? :P

It says, "You need work!!!" :blink:

"When your favorite cup breaks, remember it is only a cup." - Epictetus: Enchiridion"

• 1 month later...

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KqmmrEYs7tc/S5_UL8KmjrI/AAAAAAAAAf8/xWMmgQE38IY/s800/alphabet.jpg

Much work needed with mine...

I take it you're against Quebec's independence? ;)