They're Back!

Larry T

I have had a pretty good week in the hobby. I just received five pens back from repair:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/ircameraman/Richard5-2006web.jpg

These were done by Richard B., fantastic work as usual. The A.A. Waterman in red is one of my prized pens, the Parker Vac fits into that catagory as well. The other three are all Sheaffer's, the black one is a lever filler, the other two are Touchdown fillers with Triumphe nibs.

I also bought a Parker 61 from Antonios and a Parker 21 from Griz. I haven't gotten the 21 in the mail yet, it should be here this week. So many pens, so little time!

Larry

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Larry T

• Richard

• Slush99

• JRodriguez

Top Posters In This Topic

if you ever decide to sell that A. A. Waterman, I'm definitely in a buying mood. Yeah, I know, it's one of your prized pens, and deservedly so. But if you ever... :)

OBTW, I photographed that pen for my glossary. It's illustrating the A. A. Waterman entry.

Edited by Richard

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

Richard, I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell it. If you hadn't done such a nice job on it, you might have been able to talk me out of it! :ltcapd:

Yes, I turn 50 today. Funny, I don't feel a day over 48. :bonk:

Larry

Happy B-day!

Isn't it nice to get the "children" back home? ; )

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

Yes, I turn 50 today. Funny, I don't feel a day over 48. :bonk:

Larry

Yup! 50 is a biggie.

Invites from AARP.

Folks offer you a seat on the bench/bus/subway.

"Honey, did you see my reading glasses?"

Kids can get stuff down off the top shelf easier than you can.

"Wow, Look how old THEY look!"

Little aches in places you never were aware of before.

Pondering mortality.

Discussion with significant other about what to do "in case."

Arguments about who is "going" first.

"Honey, did you see my car keys?

Relief that maybe the Social Security system will not run out of cash before you run out of need.

"Yes, your mother and I do have a will. No, your mother and I do not own a cemetery plot. What brings you to ask?"

30 minute weekly chore "spreading" the prescription pills for whatever.

How long has it been since you had to ask "did you finish your homework?"

Grecian Formula or NOT?

Creative hair combing (in case you didn't have to do that at 20 or 30).

"Honey, it is about time we got a new mattress for our bed. Do you think we ought to switch to twin mattresses and bed frames?

"Can you imagine yourself as a Grandma?"

"I've earned every single one of those wrinkles getting you through High School/College/Grad School/the Service."

"Regular admission or Senior?"

"Dad, did you remember to take your pills?"

"It didn't look dirty to me!"

"Mister, do you need help with your grocery cart?"

"Which one of my doctors do you need the phone number for?"

"Honey, do you really think we should get another dog? After all......"

"It's all the way upstairs. I'll bring it down later."

"Lookit this brochure from Sun City West!"

Only 20.5 years to go and you have to start taking money OUT of your IRA!

"Well, if Mick Jagger can still do it at his age......"

Happy Birthday. Welcome to the club!

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

Thanks Andy, I REALLY needed that! :ltcapd: Most of the things on your list are already part of my daily life. :bonk:

Larry